It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges 1 million dollars the Harvey Relief

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The burden of proof is on the accuser, not on the accused. Trump says he donated. If you say he is lying, the burden of proof is on you, not on Trump.

If the party Trump supposedly donated to says they never got a donation from Trump, that would be proof Trump is lying. Trump not showing proof he donated is not proof Trump is lying.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Every dollar helps.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: tannerc

How much did Washington Post take from Russia and China to smear a candidate who is tough on Russia and China?

Funny you should say that when Trump according to his kid gets most of his financing from Russian contacts.

From Russian Mafia contacts.

Trump himself said, in public TV interview, that he has had to deal with some of the most unsavory characters in his business dealings. That was a great "tell" that he had to deal with the Mafia at some point, and that "had to" indicates that he needed to borrow money from them, as the lenders of last resort to bail himself out of financial difficulties sometime in the past.

Now, he owes the Russian Mafia. Maybe that's why the FBI is constantly looking into all this Russian connection. There's nothing wrong with an ordinary Russian giving you money. But, when it's coming from the underground crime syndicate, that's when the FBI gets involved.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I believe Trump has redeemed himself. In the past Trump has been an evil man who dealt with Russia and donated little. But now Trump has decided to give back to the society that make him rich and famous.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The CNN article I read about it had to get their dig in, in it they said "Trump, who has been accused in the past of donating far less to charity than most multi billionaires" They can not just compliment the guy for doing a good thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Amazing that the world has become a place where someone can donate a million dollars and there are those who will still bitch about.....

Right!?

The folks here dumbing down a million dollars is ridiculous. A million dollars is a lot of money and can go along way in helping, period.

Who care how much money somebody has. Who cares if he's the president, he doesn't have to donate anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Amazing that the world has become a place where someone can donate a million dollars and there are those who will still bitch about.....

"I'm going to make a thread about what I think was a good thing that Trump did so I can get the Trump-haters to bitch about it and then I'm going to complain because they bitched about it"

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
He donates his presidential salary every quarter to one of our government's agencies. I wonder who he will donate the next one to. Probably, HUD or FEMA?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And The Obama Family ?

And the Clinton Family ?

How 'bout the Bush Family ?

Barack and Michelle are getting ready to buy yet another property in The Hamptons. They can't be worried about a bunch of red state flooding victims right now.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Chelsea Clinton tweeted an article with a list of places people can donate:
twitter.com...

Thanks, Chelsea.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

You're right. He doesn't have to donate anything. He is however President. And like i said in my first post, I'm going to judge him on his actions as President. Not his actions as a celebrity.

This donation was him acting like a celebrity. Will the million be used? Of course. We're looking at billions of dollars worth of damage. However, he has yet to do anything presidential.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You're right. He doesn't have to donate anything. He is however President. And like i said in my first post, I'm going to judge him on his actions as President. Not his actions as a celebrity.

This donation was him acting like a celebrity. Will the million be used? Of course. We're looking at billions of dollars worth of damage. However, he has yet to do anything presidential.

I appreciate your opinions.

At the end of the day, he donated a million dollars.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Let's just hope it's from his heart and just to look good.

Hopefully he makes some more right decisions.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
LOL ... yeah, I'm sure the $100K donation to the Department of Education will cover the $9.2 billion he wants to cut.

It's all about the feels though, ain't it?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

To be a bit more precise, he has pledged to donate a million dollars.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sandra Bullock and Leonardo DiCaprio and Donald Trump each pledged 1 million. They might not actually donate that much. They are all short on cash. They spend a lot on luxury in life.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Good for him! That's awesome!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zikzak
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sandra Bullock and Leonardo DiCaprio and Donald Trump each pledged 1 million. They might not actually donate that much. They are all short on cash. They spend a lot on luxury in life.

Feel better?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
First let me say good, any gesture is welcome and this reflects Trump's concern.

originally posted by: xuenchen
And The Obama Family ?

And the Clinton Family ?

How 'bout the Bush Family ?

A difference to consider is the past presidents showed genuine empathy, addressed the victims directly, called for donations and actually went to the scene and communed with the people.
Link
So your comment is a little smearish imo.

So, what you're saying is they did things politicians do? The kinds of things that make people feel good at the moment but have no lasting effect?

I'm GLAD he's not a politician!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If Trump says he donated $1M then I'm sure he did. He's never done anything that would lead us to believe he lies. ANd besides, Miley Cyrus only gave $500K so he's twice the man Miley is.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join