It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges 1 million dollars the Harvey Relief

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Triggering intensifies

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Those are not his money. Trump organization's money is used to expand and build more buildings.

He donates 1 million from his personal savings.
edit on 31-8-2017 by tannerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Washington Post on purpose chose to find like 1% of Trump's donations and claim that's all they found. Duh, I can find only 1 dollar on the street and claim that's all the money there is in America.

How much did Washington Post take from Russia and China to smear a candidate who is tough on Russia and China?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So then you're saying Trump is bad with money.

Multiple bankruptcies multiple defaulted loans and the banks has taken over in several of his businesses because he was running them into the ground.

So then why did people elect him under the pretense that he would fix the economy?

Because people are stupid.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

Your average citizen cannot donate $1 million. Or anywhere near there. So he must have a lot of money. From his own lips he is worth $10 billion.

But please, tell us, how much is Trump worth that it will make $1 million seem significant.

Keep in mind that his own staffer compared him to other billionaires. So I hope your number is over $1 billion. Which still puts his donation at 0.1% of his total wealth. Compared to the 50% of other billionaires.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

He spent 66 million in the 2016 election. My personal guess is he has a few hundred million personally.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

How much did Washington Post take from Russia and China to smear a candidate who is tough on Russia and China?

Funny you should say that when Trump according to his kid gets most of his financing from Russian contacts.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Few hundred million? Even then $1 million does not come close to 50%

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc

Trump donates all of his presidential salary of 400 grand a year. He has no other salary. Hence, he has a salary of 0 a year after donation.

Show proof of him donating his salary.
After Pledging to Donate Salary, Trump Declines to Release Proof

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So his billions just disappeared when he became President? I hope it went to help pay off the national debt.

But then if he has no money of his own how did he donate $1 million?

Assets vs liquid. Just cause you're worth something doesn't mean you can get your hands on it. It means you potentially have that value if you liquidated your assets, likely wouldn't be the case if you have major stock options, usually it decreases the value if people don't know the motivation. He separated himself from his business so he doesn't have that value as president. The only money he should have would be personal savings and the value of some personal property.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Guess whos back....back again....guess whos back...back again...busta10...busta10....busta....trump hater!

Did you donate anything?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
You just made a thread thinking you were cute that Nazi's died from the hurricane!

You had no sympathy whatsoever of those people who have become homeless, and yet hear you are virtue signaling?

Sorry dude! You stooped to a level of pure ignorance with that Topic!

i didn't think it was cute. i thought it was topical.

no apology necessary though -- i don't care what you think. your posts are... well... nevermind. no apology necessary though

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Amazing that the world has become a place where someone can donate a million dollars and there are those who will still bitch about.....

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Don't think I can say anything bad about it, though it appears that is what you want and I don't know why you would await such negativity.

Good for him. I'm glad that the wealthy people can put up such large sums of money when disasters occur. I'm also thankful for those that are not wealthy and still donate what they can.

I'm currently looking for the right places to put my money to good use in Texas, as I would never donate to the red cross. I'm thinking about donating to local churches and "grass roots" relief efforts that will ensure my money goes directly to the people that need it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Link

Link

Are CNN and Fortune lying? What, you want to see a cancelled check?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Find a local church with a sister church in the areas hit. That is what my kids school is doing. They have a little over 5k already to send the weekend. Tomorrow is another collection and no uniform day. Stay away from major organizations.

My main point for this was not to get negativity but to show in a time of need he donated and we should all follow suit. It is not my fault there is so much hate for him in this Forum but if it shows itself I can have some fun with it, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Not showing proof doesn't mean he didn't donate. Innocent unless proven guilty. Donated unless proven not donated.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Find a local church with a sister church in the areas hit. That is what my kids school is doing. They have a little over 5k already to send the weekend. Tomorrow is another collection and no uniform day. Stay away from major organizations.

I've had a bit of experience with this sort of issue in the past. There are going to be many, many groups of people helping out in Texas that most will never hear about. They don't do it for donations or recognition. They do it out of true concern and love. Those are the people I like to send money to. Every single cent will be spent on their efforts, not their "salaries".

My main point for this was not to get negativity but to show in a time of need he donated and we should all follow suit.

Yes, it appears he intends to donate. I don't see him reneging on that pledge unless he wants to create a political #storm. And I agree that all of us should be willing to do what they can in this situation. Even if it's buying an extra can of food or two that will be donated to the people of Texas.

It is not my fault there is so much hate for him in this Forum but if it shows itself I can have some fun with it, right?

Correct. It's not your fault. It's Trump's fault and his actions that make people hate him so much. What I don't understand is why you would invite the negativity for your personal enjoyment when it appears Trump is doing something good.

We may bicker back and forth about the issues regarding Trump and politics, but I think this is one where we could all stand together and recognize he did the right thing, personally.

I don't think that's what you did with the OP. You're being partisan, even when we should stand together, just for the #s and giggles of it.
edit on 31-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zikzak

What no introduction as a new member tannerc?
Well I hope you at least conduct yourself in a more productive manner and spare the racial overtones this time around

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Like I said, if Trump were just another celebrity $1 million would be a nice gesture. But he's the President. He has a nigh unlimited wallet and one of the largest workforces in the world at his disposal. What difference does $1 million make if he doesn't use those tools?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join