It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges 1 million dollars the Harvey Relief

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I hope everyone who can afford it will give as much to help out our fellow Americans in Texas.

Admittedly, Mr. Trump's track record with following through on promised donations to charity isn't that great.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

I hope everyone posting here had given something... helping people in need is what has always made America and Americans great... long before and after Trump is gone.

Good thead idea. Donate check in!!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
a reply to: redtic

Net worth is not money on hand. I can have a net worth of 100 billion and 100 dollars on hand.

You are correct, Sir. Trump's billions comes from having 'real estate' assets. These can easily fluctuate. Actual monies that can be procured when needed are a different and lower scale without loans.

I suspect his donation is generous. I stated above that it makes sense as an investment in his MAGA proproganda. A good business man has experience about natural disasters being beneficial for an economy in the long run.

Short term always seems dire...but long term does strengthen communities and nations, if investors (donators) invest in future possibilities.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

White people build jet engines. No one else can. This is a fact. Agree?

Spoken like a true blue Trump supporter....good show!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: AMPTAH

So God has no problem allowing hundreds of thousands to suffer because of Trump?

It's not just Trump, Texas voted to ban Sanctuary Cities. That's taking direct action against God's gift of reasonable cost labor. Now, Texas will just have to rebuild with high cost labor, and see how they like it. Maybe they will. Maybe all America really needs, is to pay high prices for everything, so everybody can get rich earning the higher level of incomes that the high prices will produce. Who knows?

We'll see.

edit on 31-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I hope everyone who can afford it will give as much to help out our fellow Americans in Texas.

Admittedly, Mr. Trump's track record with following through on promised donations to charity isn't that great.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

well said

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: carewemust

Let's hope that the Katrina recovery and rebuilding was documented well. That can be used as a blueprint to know what can be done better, and what should not be done in Southeast Texas.

The real question is, how are they going to do this rebuilding without all the undocumented alien labor that previously built the whole southern united states?

Now that The Donald is deporting all the illegals, and they are no longer "cherished labor", the cost of labor for rebuilding is going to soar.

Now we see the purpose of the flooding. The pope told Trump that it's unchristian to deny those undocumented workers a place to call home within the US. They were in need, and they came and fulfilled a need the US had, to build all those homes more economically, so people could afford to live in houses.

But, having built all the homes, the host country turned it's back on the laborers, and treated them like "criminals", arresting and deporting them.

So, God thought, "They didn't appreciate the labor I sent them, so I'll just remove all the homes the laborers built, and let them find their own "preferred laborers" to rebuild those homes. Maybe that's what they wanted. And God said, 'Let there be flood, and there was water to remove the work of the unappreciated laborers."

And it was so!

That's not the question at all. Legal citizens have more regulations/taxes/workman comp/insurances to pay. Deregulation along with getting the impeding slave labor out of the market will mean less americans/non-americans getting subsidized by the government. Dollar value stops looking so awful, people spend more. Dollar goes up more. I don't know how it works with the subsidies the insurers will get, if that will still be private or not, but the main infrastructure rebuild will be scale pay anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Higher salaries mean higher GDP. Nobody can make money. Only the government can make money.

(post by seeker1963 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm donating but also buying a few shares in American Gypsum and Tong Hy.

www.americangypsum.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'll preface this by saying that every dollar that goes to the Harvey affected areas is definitely a help.

That said, I think it's disgusting that Trump (or at least his team) is clearly twisting this in to a way to gain support. The more I think about the way this has been framed the more it becomes clear that this is nothing more than a Trump-style PR stunt.

To start let's look at the claim that people have criticized Trump over the amount he donates. I'm sorry but I don't actually remember that being an issue. I remember the issue that Trump was using his non-profit foundation as his a piggy bank. And I also recall the time that Trump claimed he had donated a significant amount of money to a veteran non-profit only for them to call him out and say they never got the check. I don't however recall anyone saying that Trump doesn't donate as much as other billionaires.

That brings us to our next point. The claim is that people are upset because he doesn't give as much as other billionaires. Last time I checked people like Buffett, Gates, Musk, Zuckerberg, etc. have pledged to give at least 50% of their wealth away. 0.01% of one's wealth seems to be a far cry from those numbers.

As I said before, he's the President. It doesn't matter how much money he personally gives. What matters is what he does as the leader of the country. Unfortunately, it seems like he cares more about promoting the Trump brand.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Zuckerberg makes billions a year. Trump makes 0 a year. Zuckerberg should donate more than Trump.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

One million Dollars..of his own money....to make Texas Great Again.

He has pledged money to many causes over the years too bad they didn't get it.
Trump promised millions to charity. We found less than $10,000 over 7 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I never donate in my life. It is against my personal beliefs. My money is from my hard work. Those who want money. Go earn your own money.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

So then you're saying Trump is bad with money. I mean that must be the case if Trump has blown through billions of dollars in less than a year.

So then why did people elect him under the pretense that he would fix the economy?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Trump donates all of his presidential salary of 400 grand a year. He has no other salary. Hence, he has a salary of 0 a year after donation.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Come talk to me when he gives them the million dollars.

Until then, it's just Trump saying something. Which he has a tendency to do. A lot.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thank you for answering my question from earlier. Troll it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Higher salaries mean higher GDP. Nobody can make money. Only the government can make money.

Higher salaries together with higher prices means we get to buy exactly the same things, just feel better about it, since our incomes went up.

link   
a reply to: buster2010

What Washington Post found is obviously not all of Trump's donations. But nice try to smear Trump. How much money did Washington Post take from Russia and China to smear a candidate who goes against the interests of Russia and China and tough on illegals?

link   

So his billions just disappeared when he became President? I hope it went to help pay off the national debt.

But then if he has no money of his own how did he donate $1 million?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join