It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges 1 million dollars the Harvey Relief

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
a reply to: texasgirl

Beware many of those websites are fake ones.

Yes, of course. Always do research before giving money.

Red Cross, Good Samaritans purse...Petco has joined in for anyone who wants to donate to help out pets, etc...
edit on 31-8-2017 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Good Man.... who among you have given even a dollar ?

Salvation Army is my source for donating.
www.onenewspage.com...

I gave.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I don't know about GSP (I seem to remember they're good) but Red Cross should be avoided. At least in the past, some ridiculous percentage (75%+) of donations never made it in to the hands of those that needed it. Instead it went to pay for the salary of those in charge.

I also can't say anything about Petco. I do know that Miranda Lambert's MuttNation has already saved over 100 animals displaced by Harvey.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
One million Dollars..of his own money....to make Texas Great Again.

Link

The White House says President Donald Trump is pledging $1 million in personal funds to Harvey storm relief efforts. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders made the announcement at a briefing Thursday. And she says he's calling on reporters to help decide which specific organization he will give to.

Trump has been criticized in the past for giving far less of his income to charitable causes than many other multi-billionaires.

So, what is anyone going to sad is bad about this...I await the comments.

Well...boosting funding for FEMA would be a little more charitable...but I guess he can't write that off.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Let's hope that the Katrina recovery and rebuilding was documented well. That can be used as a blueprint to know what can be done better, and what should not be done in Southeast Texas.

The real question is, how are they going to do this rebuilding without all the undocumented alien labor that previously built the whole southern united states?

Now that The Donald is deporting all the illegals, and they are no longer "cherished labor", the cost of labor for rebuilding is going to soar.

Now we see the purpose of the flooding. The pope told Trump that it's unchristian to deny those undocumented workers a place to call home within the US. They were in need, and they came and fulfilled a need the US had, to build all those homes more economically, so people could afford to live in houses.

But, having built all the homes, the host country turned it's back on the laborers, and treated them like "criminals", arresting and deporting them.

So, God thought, "They didn't appreciate the labor I sent them, so I'll just remove all the homes the laborers built, and let them find their own "preferred laborers" to rebuild those homes. Maybe that's what they wanted. And God said, 'Let there be flood, and there was water to remove the work of the unappreciated laborers."

And it was so!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

White people built Europe and America. There is no need for any illegal labor. Less illegals, salary goes up. Illegals are basically paid slave wages.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 31-8-2017 by tannerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So God has no problem allowing hundreds of thousands to suffer because of Trump?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

White people built Europe and America. There is no need for any illegal labor.

haha what

you so crazy

(post by tannerc removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Who wants to Google Clinton+Harvey+Donation?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I can't tell if he's actually a Nazi or just trolling. Either way he has no place on ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Haha! Good story. Actually, maybe this is a means for the many to pull together. New jobs, less employment. More income, better for the economy. An investment opportunity in Trump's vision of a great America. It is amazing that oftentimes what has been torn asunder...is built stronger and better the second time around. Disasters are travesties...but the response by the people for the people, is what makes us all stronger and united!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nice gesture.

So, 0.01% of his supposed net worth, or the same as a millionaire donating $100. But, hey, saul goodman!

I'd also be curious to know what his history of personal charitable donations for disaster relief is, too.

Oh, and btw, it's not a sure thing that it's not from his foundation - SHS said she would *assume* it's a personal donation.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Net worth is not money on hand. I can have a net worth of 100 billion and 100 dollars on hand.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Awesome, they're going to need a lot more money. Apparently only about 15% of those in Houston have flood insurance and about a third of the city is affected from what I'm hearing. And that's just Houston.

Hopefully other wealthy celebrities will give generously.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

a reply to: redtic

Net worth is not money on hand. I can have a net worth of 100 billion and 100 dollars on hand.

That's correct.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Good Man.... who among you have given even a dollar ?

Salvation Army is my source for donating.
www.onenewspage.com...

Living on the Gulf Coast I know what my fellow southerners are dealing with. I donated a Hundo to the redcross straight off the muscle. While it isn't a million I gave what I could give.

Wishing everyone effected by Harvey a fast, safe and speedy recovery!!

Good on ya President Trump!! MAGA!!

edit on 31-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: fiverx313

I can't tell if he's actually a Nazi or just trolling. Either way he has no place on ATS.

something smells like crazy either way

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I hope everyone who can afford it will give as much to help out our fellow Americans in Texas.

Admittedly, Mr. Trump's track record with following through on promised donations to charity isn't that great.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

White people built Europe and America. There is no need for any illegal labor. Less illegals, salary goes up. Illegals are basically paid slave wages.

No, pal. White people "directed the building of" America. That part is true. But, they used slaves, they used cheap migrants from China, they imported people to do the actual building of the roads, the railways, and the buildings, in modern times they use Mexicans and other Latin American migrants to plant, pick the crops, pour the cement, and fetch and place the blocks, while they "supervise" the work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join