It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges 1 million dollars the Harvey Relief

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I think the idea that you have to donate to criticize is absurd. If Trump donates, then great... that's not what I'm looking for in a President though. I want to see him manage the situation, properly handle a crisis, and fix the damaged areas. Not write a personal check, use the area to sell his own personal merchandise, and then walk away. As President, it's his job to manage/delegate the cleanup at a federal level.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Are you sure this is not more media sensationalism , I gather that the organizers of the relief effort were asking for cash donations as it is far more useful.

It's for real, CBC, and is this a guy you want to trust with cash? Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Because there are so many places that need assistance. Huckabee-Sanders even asked the press if they had ideas on who it should go to. Finally, this is not coming from the DJT Foundation or TRumps business. it is personal funds. That is where the 'media' can make it so it seems he does not follow through on a pledge. There are multiple places, including his sons and daughters foundations, that 'pledges' can come from.

I just find it hard to believe that when someone says they will do something people attack instead of help to find where the monies should go. He is already donating his salary so this is a drop in the bucket so to say. More than most other than Sandra Bullock...I have not seen ONE Congress person or other politician step up.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I just find it hard to believe that when someone says they will do something people attack instead of help to find where the monies should go.

Suckers are born every minute.

I have not seen ONE Congress person or other politician step up.

Theres your sign. The wealthy don't get that way by giving, they get rich by taking. Token gestures are just that.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Are you sure this is not more media sensationalism , I gather that the organizers of the relief effort were asking for cash donations as it is far more useful.

It's for real, CBC, and is this a guy you want to trust with cash? Just sayin'

Well they didn't ask for cash, they asked for prayers.

Like I said before its all well and good sending relief items, but pointless if they never reach their intended targets.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Trump is a great man for helping!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Show me the money.

EDIT: I just donated $2 million.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join