It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ending DACA this week according to sources...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
DACA is illegal and an EO signed by Obama. It is not the same as the Dream Act.

The Dream Act is a piece of legislation that allows a path and was introduced in 2001. It has never passed.
DACA is simply a way to stop ICE from deporting kids who 'would' qualify.

It seems that people are confusing the two.

I believe in a Dream Act to allow those who want to be here or serve in the military to seek a path to citizenship.
DACA was just a middle finger and those 700k-800k they talk of in the media are part of this. They are NOT Dreamers as there is no Dream Act. They are simply here illegally.
edit on Sepam30amf0000002017-09-01T10:02:59-05:001059 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

DACA could be repealed and replaced though. But the narratives are more important to get people flustered

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

DACA needs to be squashed and then introduce a modified Dream Act. It is not about protection and staying illegal it is about giving them a path to citizenship.If there are currently 800k in DACA charge them and subsequent 'Dreamers' a 2k fee to enter the US. You could have them 'build your wall' so to say...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Daca needs to be a congressional bill. That is as far as I will go.

It could be paid for by confiscating assets of the 10's of thousands of employers illegaly using the illegals to get profit and the taxpayers to subsidize the low wages to keep them fed to work.
edit on 1-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What's more important is getting Comprehensive Immigration Reform done. Dreamers a but a small part of the equation. It's been kicked down the road for near 20 years. Time for Congress to get it really done. There are many components to immigration reform, they ALL need to be addressed.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

We are in step with that.

But maybe it's more useful as a wedge issue?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
A Fair and Legal Replacement for DACA

What are your thoughts on this luthier?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It makes sense.

It has to be from congress and somewhat bI partisan.

Graham, rubio, etc are willing to work with democrats. Maybe we can get something that won't get attacked every 4 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Good, what about some of the other people here on the Right or Left, would you go with Nationwide Everify and the RAISE act if we had a path to citizenship for Dreamers? Would that work as the basis of the Start of Immigration Reform? There are other details to work out, ie the Wall and what to do with the law abiding Illegals already here, but it would be a great start.

Would this compromise work?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It would if they are looking to actually fix the problem.

You know my take on everify. It should have been made mandatory when it was created.

My hesitation with the wall is knowing the cost of the actual enforcement and court expansion to make the wall effective. Where as vice vs you get instant results with everify, dreamer, more surveillance drones do a lot...maybe even have a batman net on them. Jk. But yes there is plenty of reasonable solution. I think we are a prime example you may be center right I may be center left but I can listen and compromise (sometimes if I am not to full of myself)

Edit sorry I butted in you wanted other folks....see I got so self important I read right passed your first sentence.
edit on 1-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It could be paid for by confiscating assets of the 10's of thousands of employers illegaly using the illegals to get profit and the taxpayers to subsidize the low wages to keep them fed to work.

House Speaker Paul Ryan is asking Donald Trump to Hold Off on ending DACA.
www.theindychannel.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Compromise is fighting words Mister.............

Yes Neither side will get all they want. With EVerify it takes away the #1 incentive for Illegals to come here. It wont stop 100% of illegals being employed but it will go a long ways towards that goal. You don't need a wall if people can't find jobs over here via Everify. Still upgrade border Security but an actual Wall doesn't become as critical then. Any illegals found to have crossed after Congress implements Immigration Reform would not be eligible for paths to citizenship and subject to almost immediate Deportations. Those are details that can be hashed out. We have a pretty well setup offer here with RAISE, Everify and a path to Citizenship for Dreamers. It is a reasonable compromise to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: luthier

House Speaker Paul Ryan is asking Donald Trump to Hold Off on ending DACA.
www.theindychannel.com...

Where have I heard that before???? We are working on a solution? Sure........

No Trump should force Congresses hand and get them moving. I am tired of do nothing Congresses.

Carewemust what do you think about the above offer?

edit on 1-9-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That is crazy talk.

Buy yes I agree now watch out for black suv and don't get in.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
nice. send them back on the burrow they came on.

But we dont have racists on ats

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

BK, what do you think about the DACA replacement offer/compromise above?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Im closer to Paul Ryans take....

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Im closer to Paul Ryans take....

Which is supposedly the RAISE act, which is the same thing. What else is Ryan speaking of then?

Do you think after 17 years they will actually do something if not forced too?

What would you offer and or change?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

When Congress returns from their long Summer Vacation, they'll only have 40 working days the rest of this year, and a lot on their plate.

I wager that they will seize up. Between the Democrats obstruction and the work-load, Congress will maintain their reputation as "Do Nothings".

Oh..they will continue funding the financial hole that Obama dug, by raising the debt ceiling.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Way to add a bummer of reality.

Hey everyone loves debt ceiling raises don't make it a Democrat thing.

Rand Paul became a nut for suggesting they freeze spending to balance the budget over 8 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join