It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ending DACA this week according to sources...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You're the one who said he's the CEO of our government not me. If he's not a dictator then he's not a CEO. A CEO has a board of directors that gives him advice but in the end it is the CEO's final say.

That's not how our government works, I wasn't sure whether YOU understood that which is why I replied the way I did.
edit on 8/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
Having trouble understanding your point.

If the president says he is going to do xyz and it's rediculous and out of touch and also vague it's his own damn fault he gets scrutinized.

The president is far more than an executer regardless of the title. He is a leader. Through leadership people follow. Or not...they abandon you as we are seeing

Any monkey can stamp or veto documents.
edit on 31-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If memory serves he was going to preserve DACA.

Then he wasn't.

Then he was.

Then he wasn't.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

Those out looking for illegals are not raiding those perpetrating the problem and lets be honest here... illegals are filling jobs that a good portion of Americans won't touch with a ten-foot pole because they feel the job is beneath them.

Even Proponents of Illegals readily admit that most Illegals do not work in Agriculture. Your Claim is not an accurate one.
Pew Stats

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I guess this is trumps response to when people say that deportation breaks up families.
The kids stay here the parents go back. Well now they can all go back together.

I don't know how I feel about this.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

Those out looking for illegals are not raiding those perpetrating the problem and lets be honest here... illegals are filling jobs that a good portion of Americans won't touch with a ten-foot pole because they feel the job is beneath them.

Even Proponents of Illegals readily admit that most Illegals do not work in Agriculture. Your Claim is not an accurate one.
Pew Stats

Doesn't hurt to read the whole article before posting.

However, unauthorized immigrants represent the largest share of the total workforce in farming occupations in most states. In 34 states, the occupation in which unauthorized immigrants are the largest share of the workforce is farming, fishing and forestry.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Those out looking for illegals are not raiding those perpetrating the problem and lets be honest here... illegals are filling jobs that a good portion of Americans won't touch with a ten-foot pole because they feel the job is beneath them.Text

And crops are rotting in the fields because there are no hands to harvest. Prices are going to skyrocket for produce.

www.independent.com...

Trump isn't helping the middle class! All he wants to do try and maintain his base to bolster his ego.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So all the deportations under President Obama must have made Produce skyrocket? Right?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What percent of the illegal population did Obama deport?

How many were workers?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The vast majority of working Illegals are not picking your berries........ Spin it anyway you want.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

What percent of the illegal population did Obama deport?

How many were workers?

Please show me.... Everyone touts his huge deportation numbers as evidence he was tough on immigration.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

So all the deportations under President Obama must have made Produce skyrocket? Right?

Did Obama deport workers or criminals. Big difference...

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 31-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why I never said that. If you read my posts I constantly say it's all a cherade. It is.

I lived in Texas for almost two decades. They are everywhere. Rick Perry's landscapers to poultry plants. By the hundreds in many cases.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: matafuchs

Is that all Trump is capable of doing? Dismantling someone else's legacy? Why can't he build his own?

One component of a legacy is reversing the Damage Done by a predecessor.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

My Apologies. Im sure it's crazy with Immigration problems in border states of the South. Everyone Seems to Love Cheap Labor except the American Worker. Go Figure.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

As a carpenter you can probably sense my frustration. I worked as a subcontractor to avoid being on a crew and specialized in architectural millwork. But it sure makes it hard to operate a business legally when the status quo is to cheat, rob, and steal.

On the other hand the reason I blame the illegal labor far less than the employers is if I knew Mexico had work for me without a doubt,, it payed more, and my government was so corrupt headless people are hanging on lamp posts outside my daughter's window from cartel murders, I would go too.

In fact that would be the moral thing to do. I certainly wouldn't care about the immigration law.

Hell I went 50 in a 45 last night.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Please we all know Obama's "Deportation" numbers were a joke. He blatantly chose to not enforce our immigration laws to those here illegally. So did every other President. Now you are getting mad that someone is actually enforcing them. Such a bad person, enforcing existing laws. A lot of our produce isn't even from the US now, 35% of Fresh Produce is imported. Seems the market doesn't even like paying migrant worker wages and grows it outside the U.S.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

He isn't enforcing the laws. He is picking which ones to enforce for a grandstanding gimmick show.

Just like everyone before him.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gothmog

Dismantling the previous president's policies because of partisan ideology is so #ing stupid...

Hey if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thank you, Mr. President. This is exactly the type of thing I voted for!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join