It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ending DACA this week according to sources...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: SlapMonkey

CEO's are basically dictators you know, they have final say on anything and everything within the business.

If Trump is "CEO" of the government wouldn't that mean that.... he's pretty much a dictator?

You are woefully ignorant to how things work if that's what you believe as it pertains to the government. See, corporations don't also have separate-but-equal branches alongside the executive branch of the corporation.

Yes, he signs things into law or vetoes them. If you call that being a dictator, I can't help you.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well, not everyone is rich enough to buy who they want into the country.

They can always move up North to you. You'll welcome them with open arms I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Why do republicans protect the employers of thousands of illegals?

I guess that answer would be corruption

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Dismantling the previous president's policies because of partisan ideology is so #ing stupid...

link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: matafuchs

Laws are laws. They need to be followed.

Unless they involve a rogue renegade sheriff violating the constitutional and human rights of possible criminals..........

Well, when the federal government refuses to enforce federal laws, you don't have many good options. The Gotham City PD views Batman as a vigilante thug, but if they'd do their damn jobs and stop the bad guys, he wouldn't have to.

link   

edit on 31-8-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: [Delete. double post.]

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Was Obama Protecting the employers too? I'm a little fuzzy on that.

Yes it's one of those laws that would really clear up the problem. No one seems to want to do it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: intrepid
Well, not everyone is rich enough to buy who they want into the country.

They can always move up North to you. You'll welcome them with open arms I'm sure.

Yes. We would. Most 1st world countries would.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Laws are laws. They need to be followed.

Unless they involve a rogue renegade sheriff violating the constitutional and human rights of possible criminals..........

Oh boo hoo, I am sorry but if you're not a citizen then you don't fall under protection of our constitution. Such bs!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So Trump is nothing like a CEO then? I'm not following your logic here, first he was but now he isn't.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Was Obama Protecting the employers too? I'm a little fuzzy on that.

Yes it's one of those laws that would really clear up the problem. No one seems to want to do it.

Of coarse he did. So has every congressman not trying to solve the problem, the real one. Which is 10 million illegals here now. Most of them working. Welfare paying for their families so they can make the employers more money off the taxpayers backs.

My entire point the reason I keep saying this is because it's a total farce that Trump or anyone else wants to fix this.

They want to appear to be fixing it to people who don't ask questions but think Mexicans are the reason behind all their employment problems.

Same reason they won't make a pathway, then they are legal no more welfare, and employers have their labor wages doubled or more.
edit on 31-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Okay let's just let the government control all business and see how that works out. I am so sick of poor people complaining about low wages, if you are uneducated then you are not going to make a lot, don't blame the people who work hard to get where they are.a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I didn't say that they don't deserve scrutiny--why do people always put words in my mouth?

I said that his plans should not be as detailed as, say, a bill that would get introduced, because in my opinion (and that of the constitution) it is not his job to be creating such things. It's perfectly appropriate for the president to say, for example, that he will reform taxes along, say, a fair-tax design. When he says that, congressional republicans, who have been saying for YEARS that they want to reform the tax system, should then start creating a new tax code, and knowing that the president, in this scenario, likes the fair-tax model, be somewhat designed around that and include all of the necessary details in order for it to become a law. And if they want it signed instead of vetoed, they should probably do it in line with what the president is saying that he wants.

So, vagueness from the presidency has its place, and honestly, I'd prefer that the guy voted into office as the president and leader of the executive branch not spend his time doing the legislative branch's job, too.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Then have at it....... Personally I have a problem carving out exceptions for people who have got here illegally. We have done that in the past and it hasn't stopped the flow. If we were to do such a thing, there needs to be some penalties for doing so. Various options have been discussed ranging from Fines to Back filing of Taxes to a shortened period out of the Country ect. I won't be a total ass to them but they or whoever got them here broke the law. There needs to be consequences for doing that.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Lol how do Crack down? Mandatory verification?

How about just drive anywhere in Texas and stop at a contractor or ranchers jobs site.

In Texas I would drive by poultry plants with hundreds of illegals. They would occasionally get raided and then swim back.

Funny how the employers never seem to go down.

This right here. I'm from New Mexico and you can head down to certain known areas and you'll find trucks and vans waiting to pick up migrant workers to hit the fields. Trump is spending all his effort on sussing out the illegals, yet he's doing nothing at all to deal with the farmers and manufacturers that knowingly hire these people and pay them cash under the table.

Why would that be? Perhaps because that would adversely affect business maybe? How many legal American citizens do you know right now that would willingly take a job picking fruit or working the fields for minimum wage? Long, long hours in the heat and likely only the water and food you can bring with you. Back when I was a kid, teenagers would do such work. I know I did. I slung hay bales every summer to help out my grandfather and his friends. Today? HAH! Just try getting a teen today to do hard manual labor. Any job that keeps them from checking social media every few seconds is a no-go these days.

Those out looking for illegals are not raiding those perpetrating the problem and lets be honest here... illegals are filling jobs that a good portion of Americans won't touch with a ten-foot pole because they feel the job is beneath them.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's not just logic that you're not following...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I don't have money issues but I also know that an education doesn't automatically mean a high paying job.

If you think a college degree means you automatically get a job in that field then I'd have to say you're ignorant of the situation. This is neglecting the fact that a degree comes with a near-lifetime debt attached to it a lot of the time.

Please don't lecture me on work ethic, you know nothing about me other than my username and what I choose to put on these forums. I can be in a comfortable position myself and still see the suffering others are going through because of money problems.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The government was enforcing the laws. That's why the Obama administration has a record number of deportations.

Arpaio on the other hand was targeting Latinos (regardless of whether they were here legally or not) and detaining them with no cause other than their brown skin. The MCSO admitted as much in Ortega Melendres v. Arpaio.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Well in California it would be $15 an hour, workman's comp, insurance, so that may effect some things as well.....probably fast track automation. Which leads us to the real reason there are less jobs than working age people.
edit on 31-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I get what you are saying, but the Lobbyist dollars do not really support that contention. Everyone just seems to not want to enforce existing laws on the books regarding employment. Doesn't matter who is in power. Most Illegals work under the table to small Mom and Pop businesses. I can't see them having much political clout. It's not like the Lions of Industry are employing the vast amount of Illegals.

It would be the easiest way to get illegals to go home. No income, they would eventually head back. Punish Businesses who break employment laws like the law says they should be punished. That would entail hiring more ICE (Im Guessing?) to raid businesses and check records. Once you start carting away the owners as well as the Illegals, then you will see everyone straighten up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join