It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ending DACA this week according to sources...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Laws are laws. They need to be followed.

Unless they involve a rogue renegade sheriff violating the constitutional and human rights of possible criminals..........

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

"It's hard doing what the law says exactly to do."

You mean the law (DACA) that says the children of illegal immigrants aren't to be deported?

That doesn't sound quite right. How is he doing what the law says when he's trying to repeal it?

ETA: I may be misunderstanding the law here, I'm not too familiar with it.
edit on 8/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you really cared, you could easily use the machine on which you're typing to see what Trump has done or has been trying to do, but can't get congress to create legislation.

I mean, I know that we've had eight years of use of a pen instead of congress, but shouldn't you be happy that this is not how Trump is trying to do things?

ETA: Also, I'm not a "Trump supporter," and I didn't vote for him. I'm as quick to call him out for things that I deem ignorant or inappropriate as I am to give him praise when he does something that I like. Your ideological tunnel vision begats ignorant conclusions. If you (and a few others on both sides of the aisle) would just lay off of the accusations and try responding to what is actually said without editorializing in your head and then pretending that you know what you're talking about when you make false accusations, ATS might have a bit more civil discourse in its threads.
edit on 31-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Lol how do Crack down? Mandatory verification?

How about just drive anywhere in Texas and stop at a contractor or ranchers jobs site.

In Texas I would drive by poultry plants with hundreds of illegals. They would occasionally get raided and then swim back.

Funny how the employers never seem to go down.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

If you really cared, you could easily use the machine on which you're typing to see what Trump has done or has been trying to do, but can't get congress to create legislation.

I do and have seen. Nothing. He tells Congress to do things then blames them when they fail. He never offers policy advice or leads his party and he CLEARLY is looking to take credit for accomplishments, but he never accepts responsibility for his failures. He is literally the worst leader I've ever seen.

He even set himself up to blame Congress for failing just yesterday when talking about tax reform

"So, this is our once-in-a-generation opportunity to deliver real tax reform for everyday, hard working Americans. And I am fully committed to working with Congress to get this job done," Trump said at a speech in Missouri kicking off his tax-reform push. "And I don't want to be disappointed by Congress. Do you understand me?"

Never mind that the tax plan he is pushing is bare bones and scant with details, but Congress is at fault if they can't turn that snot rag of a tax idea into law. # this twerp.

I mean, I know that we've had eight years of use of a pen instead of congress, but shouldn't you be happy that this is not how Trump is trying to do things?

Um... Obama had legislative accomplishments. The ACA (which is another Obama legacy Trump and Co just spent half the year failing to dismantle), and what are you talking about? Trump is doing EXACTLY that. The only things he's done are EO's. Governing with the pen that you accuse Obama of doing. It's like you aren't paying attention to Trump.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I have used the machine and see and it is nothing special and mostly gimmicks.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: windword

Trump said he would keep the DACA program. Most of the people against it don't truly know what it is even about. It's disgusting. This president is Unamerican and a wannabe dictator. We will vote the GOP out in 2018 followed by Voting this national embarrassment out in 2020 BIGLY! Most of these kids are productive members of society and have a far better grasp on what being American is then most of the Trump base. They also speak better English than most of the Base.

Blah Blah Blah....... DACA was kicking the can down the road. Maybe this will get all sides to the table to negotiate Real Immigration reform. Democrats Really Care about immigration Reform, Right? Now is their chance to show you how much they care.
edit on 31-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

But that's capitalism, you have to try and make the most money possible by spending the least amount of money possible.

You'd think Trump supporters would be patting these people on the back for using the system the way it was intended. Capitalism is all about profit, how can you make profit if you're paying your workers fairly?

Look at Walmart for a great example, the majority of its employees are on/near/under the poverty line yet they're the biggest business in the world being worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

To be successful in a capitalistic society you have to build your business on top of minimum-wage slaves and shady business practices. How do you think Trump became so rich and successful? He used the capitalistic system in his favor by screwing people over.
edit on 8/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's real simple,

If the illegal know once here they can find work, and their families need food, they will do anything possible to get here. Whether in shipping containers, hand made submarines, tunnels, catapults, rockets what ever.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'll agree that he's not a good leader, but his job isn't to lead the government, it's to be CEO of the government. He's not in charge of the legislative nor the judicial branch, and therefore should have minimal influence on them. His job is not also to be party leader, like so many falsely claim that it is or should be.

You pretend like you want a dictator, though--someone who will barge in and tell everyone what to do. I don't want that, personally, and hopefully you do not either, but that seems, from what you say, to be your expectation of the president.

The PPACA is a terrible accomplishment. If that's what you're using as a yardstick, I'd prefer that Trump accomplish nothing.

I am paying attention to Trump, I just don't obsess over him like others on ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"It's hard doing what the law says exactly to do."

You mean the law (DACA) that says the children of illegal immigrants aren't to be deported?

That doesn't sound quite right. How is he doing what the law says when he's trying to repeal it?

ETA: I may be misunderstanding the law here, I'm not too familiar with it.

Wow didn't realize DACA was a LAW, passed by Congress. Where Have I been?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, not everyone is rich enough to buy who they want into the country.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

CEO's are basically dictators you know, they have final say on anything and everything within the business.

If Trump is "CEO" of the government wouldn't that mean that.... he's pretty much a dictator?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Is that all Trump is capable of doing? Dismantling someone else's legacy? Why can't he build his own?

Someone needs to dismantle all of the Caliph of the US's policies. They were all designed to bring the country down to 3rd world status anyhow

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

ok so heres the thing: I think Trump is a true patriot and has a genuine heart to do right by America.

but i agree with you 100% and i have been saying EXACTLY this since the beginning.

Trump has not done a SINGLE THING that cannot be undone or heavily mitigated by a future admin.

Trump hasnt built a legacy that will last beyond him.

Every thing has done has been done WITHIN the structure of bureaucracy and controlled systems.

That is not giving power "back to you the people" no....not even close.

I and others have been calling on Trump to make good on his most important campaign promise of all...

giving "power back to you the people..."

what does that look like?

Ill tell you what it doesnt look like......pumping up a fake rigged economy run by plutocrats and wallstreet sharks abusing the wealth that was created by hardworking average americans.

If Trump wants to do something TRULY magnificent, something truly historic, something that would create a honorable and long lasting legacy that would be celebrated for decades to come there is only one thing he can and should do.....and it something that not a single politician in history except one, Tulsi Gabbard, has had the courage to pursue and openly call for .....

recognizing States Rights on Cannabis.

If Trump did just this one thing it would have catastrophic effects on multiple domains of power currently controlled by the power elite.

It would send a clear and unspinnable signal to all americans that Trump truly is on OUR SIDE, not the Elites.

Why wont he do it?

there is not a single solitary good reason......and the longer Trump refuses to do what every stupid brain dead retarded zombie already knows is needed as far as im concerned he not only bungles and fumbles the greatest opportunity in american history to set us free but he also gives plenty of reasons for Trump doubters to keep on doubting and hating him, thinking he's playing us or just an idiot who cares more about himself than anything else.

IT is truly bizarre and without any rational explanation.

ITs the easiest win any politician, especially an embattled one like Trump, could ever ask for.

An easy win for Trump and a win for the American people.

Will he do it? Why hasnt he done it already?

tick tock President Trump....time is running out to truly MAGA......

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

This is a good point, I just feel they will keep it a wedge issue.

The absolute reality is without massive budget increases to the immigration courts even arresting more doesn't solve a thing. Particularly if they are own homes, and have been here for over a couple years.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I agree, to a point, but as a veteran, I at least appreciate his efforts on reforming/fixing/making less sucky the VA.

He has a lot ahead of him--a congress that, for almost 7 years has claimed that they were for this or that (repeal/replace PPACA, tax reform, yadda yadda yadda), and when confronted with the unexpected opportunity to put all of this into practice and law, they are failing miserably.

Like I said, the president, as CEO, can only do so much. If congress is uncapable or unwilling to do the things that they claimed that they wanted that align with the president's vision, he can't make them or force them.

Separate-but-equal branches and all that. But, of course, he gets the blame for having vague plans for things like healthcare and tax reform, but his plans should be vague because it's not his job or purpose to write bills or even conceive of them.

So, I agree to a point that he hasn't accomplished much, but he can only do so much, too, without congress performing like an appropriate governmental body. Of course, if he'd quit acting like a bully to congressmen and senators, he might get a bit more cooperation from them. His mouth, IMO, is one of the major speed bumps in getting anything accomplished. I think that congress and the senate are running on spite right now.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Its fair game to call out vague plans...Trump uses those plans to campaign now your saying they don't deserve scrutiny.

Well then don't pretend you have a plan.
edit on 31-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Why are leftist and liberals so racist and bigoted with the way they view and treat illegal immigrants?

They want them here, illegally, so that they can use their cheap labor and votes to their benefit.
edit on 31-8-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Aren't the immigrants that became legal under DACA now, wait for it, legal immigrants?

If it's just about legal and illegal like everyone keeps saying, shouldn't even the Trump people be angry about legal immigrants being deported?

Or is the whole legal and illegal thing just a cover, and it's really about just being an immigrant? Because that's what this sounds like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join