It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ending DACA this week according to sources...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is a developing story but it looks like it is finally happening.

Link

President Trump is expected to announce, as early as Friday, plans to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which stops young illegal immigrants from being deported, a senior administration official tells Fox News.

As long as there is a path back I do not see the issue. Billions are being spent each year on illegal immigration and it is time to stop sanctuary cities. Once again another campaign promise coming true.
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002017-08-31T13:31:05-05:000105 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Doctors gonna do a killing on the Butthurt cases on that one.....

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So another promise kept that won't have any real affect on the average American citizen whether good or bad?

Trump train choo choo! All this winning is making me tired.

ETA: Sarcasm.
edit on 8/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

As long as there is a path back I do not see the issue.

A path back to where?

Billions are being spent each year on illegal immigration and it is time to stop sanctuary cities.

What does ending DACA have to do with the sanctuary city issue?

Once again another campaign promise coming true.

Did Trump campaign on reversing DACA? I don't think so. He campaigned on sending "bad hombres" away.

edit on 31-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   

Is that all Trump is capable of doing? Dismantling someone else's legacy? Why can't he build his own?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Don't you get it? We're only supposed to erase the parts of history we don't like.

Tear down some statues of Confederate slave owners and everyone loses their minds, erase anything and everything having to do with Obama? Totally justified.
edit on 8/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I think I'm with you...I'm a fan of ending it, as long as what happens to these children is directly addressed and makes sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Trump said he would keep the DACA program. Most of the people against it don't truly know what it is even about. It's disgusting. This president is Unamerican and a wannabe dictator. We will vote the GOP out in 2018 followed by Voting this national embarrassment out in 2020 BIGLY! Most of these kids are productive members of society and have a far better grasp on what being American is then most of the Trump base. They also speak better English than most of the Base.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Wonder when trump will actually go after the problem.

The employers who make millions off of cheap illegal labor and have tax payers pay for their profits with welfare subsidies for their families.

My guess is he won't since he doesn't want to actually solve the problem.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
nice. send them back on the burrow they came on.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Because Congress is too inept to pass anything.

But to be fair, part of building a legacy is undoing things that you view as incorrect from previous administrations.

It hasn't even been a year yet...calm down.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
nice. send them back on the burrow they came on.

The reality is just further logjamming the legal system. Ultimately slowing down deportations.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

So much empathy in this post, how do you do it? Telling children to "# off" like they're pieces of trash.

So brave.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Wonder when trump will actually go after the problem.

The employers who make millions off of cheap illegal labor and have tax payers pay for their profits with welfare subsidies for their families.

My guess is he won't since he doesn't want to actually solve the problem.

HA! Those people are also his supporters. Fat chance of that happening.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No kidding but don't tell his crowd. They believe this is real.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
A path back to citizenship. Legally.

People who are here illegally need to go. No ifs and or buts. We have our own citizens we need to worry about and taxes collected should not be used for criminal activity.

This is not an easy decision for him either.

But as president, after a draft executive order to repeal the measure leaked in January, Trump told ABC News that he was approaching the issue “with great heart.” He has not signed that order. In a news conference the following month, he said, “The DACA situation is a very difficult thing for me, as I love these kids, I love kids. I have kids and grandkids, and I find it very, very hard doing what the law says exactly to do and, you know, the law is rough.”

Laws are laws. They need to be followed.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Calm down from what? The only thing I ever see Trump do is rescind Obama era policies, and usually at a time to create attention for himself or in manner that SCREAMS that he is just appealing to his base. He has literally 0 legislative accomplishments to his name and his EO's are toothless or disarmed. It may not have been a year yet, but not having anything to show for your presidency even this late into his Presidency is unusual and alarming. The man is incompetent and willing to drag our country's international standing and prestige down just to appeal to some idiot members of his base.

I'm also getting tired of Trump supporters such as yourself trying to say that I need to keep waiting for Trump to do something productive. Hold his feet to the fire for once! Get mad at him! Demand action! It's so frustrating watching people who blamed Obama for every little thing wrong with the government give Trump a free pass on # he screwed up that was worse than things Obama did.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: luthier

You have to start somewhere.If people are allowed to stay with no documentation how are you able to crackdown on those who hire illegals?

link   

Lol, yeah that's how it works.

Wonder why the people emploYing hundreds aren't being arrested every day.

Probably cause your being lied to.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

So, a policy enacted by a president and not congress is something that you passively support, but then call out Trump for being a dictator when he ends the policy?

Keep in mind, that policy goes against federal immigration laws, so how much more dictator-esque can a president be than one who makes official policy something that allows people to break federal law--the same laws that he swore to uphold?

Have you caught on to the cognitive dissonance yet? It's there...BIGLY!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join