It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Heart of a Rose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just wanted to share a little jewel of mine. Normaly I don't paint anything I didnt take a photo of myself, but this was a learning experience for me.

At the art galery, at the end of the year we should always make comments about our own work and what we learned from each. Its a great way to further express your painting and aim behind it.

What I learned from this piece is that just light and darknes is the most important. It gives depth, curves and shape to the object. If you add too little darkness/shading, your object becomes too 'flat', but add too much and your painting becomes too deep and dark, which is very bad for the object of your creation. The aim is to find the perfect amount, each judged by its own location which will create the perfect focus point, or heart.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

very pretty!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Very nice and talented.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, beautiful!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thank you all!!

And Hey Night, nice to see youre still here! I really missed all of you guys!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

i am assuming you would like sincere critisism?

The petal in the middle of the picture should have been separated into two petals. It looks unnatural as one. Use of dark in the background could have been better. the background kinda fades out and disappears It looks flat

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion
Thank you all!!

And Hey Night, nice to see youre still here! I really missed all of you guys!

I'm always around somewhere. I live here. LOL

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Critisism is always helpfull yes.

Thats true yes, the petals you are referring to is indeed two. The shadow I used to seperate them is unfortunatly a bit reflectice, thus its not visible in the picture.

Its always hard to take accurate photos of my paintings, some area will always get too much or too little exposure leading to problems in the depth.

But yes, you are correct, it does look flat in this photo, and its actually one of the things im always having a hard time with. You have a good eye for art!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thats glad. Lol i guess my footer to my posts were right, i can never leave here!

I miss you insight and critisism. Hopefully I will be posting more poems soon. (If I'm not mistaken, you were always around the writing forums.) Having found the love of your life can really spark creativity inside!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

It looks great. Thanks for sharing your work

top topics

join