It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo’s Latest Cover Shouts: ‘God Exists! He Drowned All the Neo-Nazis of Texas’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You're likely to get no real reaction from conservatives beyond "it's satire, so what". I'm not a Republican although I do lean their way at times. Pretty much anyone with reasonable critical thinking skills would be unfazed by that to be honest.

You don't actually believe that all conservatives or even a significant number of them would be bothered by that, do you?

Isn't the real topic is this free speech? Which it is.

Open any Sunday paper and you will find similar satire in political cartoons.

The controversy over the Muslim cartoon was due to some, very few I think, Muslims being badly offended, but those were radicals. I doubt most Muslims gave it a second glance. Muslims are like everyone else, most good, a small percentage bad. The same could be said about conservatives. Most good, a small percentage bad I mean.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You're likely to get no real reaction from conservatives beyond "it's satire, so what". I'm not a Republican although I do lean their way at times. Pretty much anyone with reasonable critical thinking skills would be unfazed by that to be honest.

You don't actually believe that all conservatives or even a significant number of them would be bothered by that, do you?

Isn't the real topic is this free speech? Which it is.

Open any Sunday paper and you will find similar satire in political cartoons.

The controversy over the Muslim cartoon was due to some, very few I think, Muslims being badly offended, but those were radicals. I doubt most Muslims gave it a second glance. Muslims are like everyone else, most good, a small percentage bad. The same could be said about conservatives. Most good, a small percentage bad I mean.

very well articulated. to be honest, i was just curious to see whether those who argued so stringently for free speech would say the same when they were the target. and it seems many have, which is nice.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yes it is. I think a desire for free speech is fairly universal.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
They can print it. It's a real low blow though. I guarantee no Texans will go shoot them because of it. We probably won't shed a tear next time they get attacked though.

I guess they don't realize that half of Houston isn't even white...

I would lay odds that outside of Dallas, Houston and maybe San Antonio most Texans don't know what CH is or gives a rat's fat one about it.

If they happen to see it they will probably consider it rude and go on about their business without thinking about it again.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Unless your anti fa in berkley. They don't seem to value it very much do they?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Charlie Hebdo that seems to just court controversy for the sake of it I think are very immature.

They don’t understand this maxim

You can’t test the tested

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Could it be you are conflating a small percentage of people who are radicals without critical thinking skills, with the vast majority of us who are not radicals?

That's kind of what was happening in the OP. Wrongly making assumptions.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Of course, if they are just trying to piss people off, they are doing a stellar job.
If that is the true intent, then they must enjoy how deep people go to uncover more meaning.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

See my reply to DB. ANTIFA is a tiny group and not actually the topic. Thinking the fringe of society represents the views of most is just sensationalizing it and giving them ammunition. They need to know the vast majority of us Right, Left or in the middle are not amused.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You have people on this site, people out in the world that would ban/censor hate speech,, hurt speech, basically anything spoken that offends.

You had people wanting to punish a professor for saying something unpopular about Texas.

You have people wanting to punish a state senator for hoping Trump got assassinated.

You had people wanting to punish/jail Kathy Griffin for he severed head bit.

You have people loudly proclaiming that any white supremacy speech should be banned.

Look at the morons that want to ban the confederate flag/statues/memorials!

The cry for censorship is all over the ####ing map!
edit on 31-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I get that.

i was just curious to see whether those who argued so stringently for free speech would say the same when they were the target. and it seems many have, which is nice.

I was responding to that and I do think the majority of us are not involved in calls to silence speech. I may be giving people too much credit though, I admit.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Meh, about the only thing it makes me do is chuckle about how people around the globe still do not understand the south of today and are convinced it is still fresh off the civil war.

Had an acquaintance here in Germany go to Texas for work for 6 months, comes back and he was like wow these people were awesome, had some weird habits but nothing like I thought it would be.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

See my reply to DB. ANTIFA is a tiny group and not actually the topic. Thinking the fringe of society represents the views of most is just sensationalizing it and giving them ammunition. They need to know the vast majority of us Right, Left or in the middle are not amused.

I agree the problem is however identity politics. It puts everyone against everyone else. People separate by race gender political beliefs and even social class. One small group could be insignificant but it's no longer one small group people are banning together. For example ANTI FA and BLM have very little in common yet they are working t.ogether to ban speech. KkK and neo nazis same thing their ideals are different yet they are now working together to cause unrest.

So though I agree with you we can't base one group and declare them to be like everyone sides are being created and that scares me. Especially since some of us just don't fit into these groups. My wife is black I'm white this automatically excludes us from many of these groups. Just know that if someone comes after my wife or kids things won't turn our well for them that I can promise you.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The politicians are definitely adding fuel to the fire and using it as a tool as they always have. Tribalism seems to be genetically ingrained in us and it's used as a powerful tool by those with bad intentions.

My first wife was Black and I was in a mixed marriage in the late 70's and into the 80's at a time in history when it was still something that could get you badly hurt by both sides if you were not careful. I certainly understand what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: JDmOKI

Didnt you get the memo?

Its just "the South" wrapped up to peolple who arent familiar with american states.

Country/western/cowboy/KKK/guns/etc. its all the same to them.

Did you know that Southern France is all Muslims, and Mecca is there too?

www.distancesto.com...
4497.3 Km - Total Flight Distance from Paris to Mecca Saudi Arabia
Your flight takes off from Paris, FR and lands in Mecca Saudi Arabia.

Flight Distance in Miles

2794.5 miles total air travel Paris to Mecca Saudi Arabia.

G E O G R A P H Y

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

I was being facetious, I understand mecca is in the ME.

I wonder how many understand that if you are white and from the south, you arent automatically a racist, and live next to KKK outposts on every corner.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join