It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo’s Latest Cover Shouts: ‘God Exists! He Drowned All the Neo-Nazis of Texas’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: fiverx313

I have a Master's degree in Trolling and graduated with the highest honors possible at Trollerville. They even nicknamed me the 'Trollerblader'.

But that was my old life.

I would say a master trollbater

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Texas is a tough spot for white extremist since whites are actually a minority there..lol

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't mind satrical jokes at horrible situations.

I thought Gilbert Godfrieds joke right after 9-11 was hilarious.

For me, humor is how I deal with a lot of terrible situations, and many people feel the same way.

So I have no problem whatsoever with this magazine cover on a morality front (but also have no problem with people that do take offense).

However, as a joke, I feel it is lacking.

First, satire works best when there is a kernel of truth in it. Although Texas did vote for Trump, the area most hit by Harvey voted Hillary. Also, I do not believe that area is a nazi stronghold, and the trope of Trump voters being nazis is old and played out.

I also don't find the joke to be that funny. Nothing to do with it being offensive, but it just seemed dumb.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well satire is universal 😎

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Texas is a tough spot for white extremist since whites are actually a minority there..lol

If texas is awesome and black and brown people are the majority, than that means that
those black and brown people are why texas is awesome?

/just jumping on that troll bus for a min lol

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I don't mind satrical jokes at horrible situations.

I thought Gilbert Godfrieds joke right after 9-11 was hilarious.

For me, humor is how I deal with a lot of terrible situations, and many people feel the same way.

So I have no problem whatsoever with this magazine cover on a morality front (but also have no problem with people that do take offense).

However, as a joke, I feel it is lacking.

First, satire works best when there is a kernel of truth in it. Although Texas did vote for Trump, the area most hit by Harvey voted Hillary. Also, I do not believe that area is a nazi stronghold, and the trope of Trump voters being nazis is old and played out.

I also don't find the joke to be that funny. Nothing to do with it being offensive, but it just seemed dumb.

Gee the guy with the bill hicks avatar enjoys satire and dark humor. Who would have guessed.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Charlie Hebdo, is satire and can do what ever they want. It was you who tried to politicize it with your commentary!

Read this Chuckles and just how funny was your post?

Clinging to Her Drowning ‘Mama,’ a Little Girl Survives the Raging Flood

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"Je suis Texan"

Hebdo may have the right, and I'll even defend that right, but it doesn't mean I won't take a jab of my own.

edit on 31-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If texas is awesome and black and brown people are the majority, than that means that
those black and brown people are why texas is awesome?

/just jumping on that troll bus for a min lol

Doesn't quite work like that in other states though lol. I think Conservative Blacks and Latinos are what makes Texas great.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Texas is OK, it's just so damn small and overcrowded.

97 people per sq/mi instead of the 1 per sq/mi a really great State has. How do they get to the outhouse without stepping on each other.

Ya know, this really is a silly topic to worry about.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Isn't this what they do though?

It's a piss people off mag.

Either ignore it or see it for what it is.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Isn't this the comic that got a load of people shot?

Je suis Charlie?

Is it that one?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yeah there was a Charlie Hedbo Massacre or something.

On 7 January 2015 at about 11:30 local time, two brothers, Saïd and Chérif Kouachi, forced their way into the offices of the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris. Armed with rifles and other weapons, they killed 12 people and injured 11 others. The gunmen identified themselves as belonging to the Islamist terrorist group Al-Qaeda's branch in Yemen, which took responsibility for the attack. 

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 31-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'll take the FAMAS. How much?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yeah there was a Charlie Hedbo Massacre or something.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

I wasn't sure as the OP made no mention of it. Is the OP even aware of that tragedy?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
I wasn't sure as the OP made no mention of it. Is the OP even aware of that tragedy?

yes, i'm familiar with the history. i assumed it was common enough knowledge to not warrant a full recap in the OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sending the Conservatives away is a great idea, but I was thinking Mars.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

My reaction? Poor taste and political ignorance.

Moving on.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So you admit to peddling political trolling?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

So you admit to peddling political trolling?

no? i thought my OP was pretty straight-forward. #ty 'satirical' magazine that often trolls islam while conservatives nod approvingly is now trolling american conservatives. shoe's on the other foot, how does it feel?

nothing trolly about that. unless you think all the threads posted on the internet are not looking for reactions?

if i was claiming an inflammatory position i don't hold in order to generate outrage, THAT would be trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join