It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo’s Latest Cover Shouts: ‘God Exists! He Drowned All the Neo-Nazis of Texas’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Charlie Hebdo is a punch in the face....

Against those who try to stop us thinking.
Against those who fear imagination.
Against those who don’t like us to laugh.

Charlie Hebdo is an angry magazine, a paper that takes the piss.
It’s a weekly with a wallop, a digest with a dream.
It’s a periodical that argues and a journal that thinks.
It’s a gazette of the grotesque – because that’s what so much of life and politics is.
It’s a rag that has nothing to lose in the afterlife for the laudably simple reason that there is no afterlife.

Charlie Hebdo has no need of God, nor any need of Wall Street. Charlie doesn’t need two cars and three cellphones to be happy.

To be happy, Charlie Hebdo draws, writes, interviews, ponders and laughs at everything on this earth which is ridiculous, giggles at all that is absurd or preposterous in life. Which is to say - very nearly everything.

Because life is so awfully short that it would be a pity to spend it whining in dismay instead of laughing it up a storm.

LINK

"sat·ire

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."

You do get that, right? I think most people do?

It's a satirical, edgy magazine. People who can't laugh at themselves are the only ones who would be offended by it. Most people get it I think.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Cue all the special SNOWFLAKES who can't live a day without being outraged by something.

Get a life people.

It's funny that you don't say the same thing in threads like the butt hurt banana bunch.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I didn't see anybody on here defending the Muslims when Hebdo focused on them. Nobody really did because that's what Hebdo does.

It's almost always inappropriate and harmful.

But for the record, this is a gross and shameful cover.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't get it? What is wrong with it?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Funny cause Houston is a Democrat epicenter in Texas and 90% of those affected were Black or Hispanic.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

In other words, you can't prove my intentions so I'll just hide behind this thing called perspective.

Come on, it was pretty obvious you tried to troll and didn't get the responses you were expecting.

But enjoy your thread, I guess.

i got what i expected. i don't think it was trolling, because i did explicitly state in my OP what reactions i was interested to see. if i had posted saying that this cover was great, that might've been trolling.

maybe you should learn a little more about how trolling works?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Wonder what the OP thinks about those of us that think it's in poor taste yet still protected speech.

Just like the Hebdo satirical pieces on Muhammad were.

i agree with you

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh boy, what a laugh riot…forgive me for not sticking around and chuckle f*&king it up with y’all, but I need to put my Jackboots back on, get in my pickup truck with the gun rack and run on back down to Nazi Central here in Dallas (also known as the South Texas Evacuee Center) so I can spread the Neo Nazi doctrine while I hold babies and feed kids of all Ethnicities and Nationalities so their heartbroken parents can catch the first shower they have had in 3 or 4 days and find a place to LIVE for the next 6 months to a year…

Poor taste is the same in all languages.

liberté égalité fraternité – A%^hats.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just send some Texas over there and I'm sure France will surrender quickly. Then Texas can have a colony.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have a Master's degree in Trolling and graduated with the highest honors possible at Trollerville. They even nicknamed me the 'Trollerblader'.

But that was my old life.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Just send some Texas over there and I'm sure France will surrender quickly. Then Texas can have a colony.

Oh god... I don't think I could handle hearing French spoken with a Texan accent.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: amazing
Cue all the special SNOWFLAKES who can't live a day without being outraged by something.

Get a life people.

It's funny that you don't say the same thing in threads like the butt hurt banana bunch.

Let me go over there, hang on. Done!
edit on 31-8-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I have a Master's degree in Trolling and graduated with the highest honors possible at Trollerville. They even nicknamed me the 'Trollerblader'.

But that was my old life.

lol... but do you have a black belt in troll-fu?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I think it is stupid and is motivated by a fundamental misunderstanding of Texas. However, they have the right. At least I think they do, not sure about French law. Who cares? If anyone in the US really gets offended by this I suggest they have too much time. It's like being offended by Mad Magazine.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You've not lived 'til you hear an upper-crust English accent with a Texas twang-she went to school in Lubbock--after having lived in Jamaica for several years...

Interesting doesn't even begin to describe it.

French with a Texas accent might come close though...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

It's just a cartoon . It can't hurt you unless you let it.
Don't be weak.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Don't be weak.

That's not true there is always paper cuts. Man they can cause agony.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Don't be weak.

That's not true there is always paper cuts. Man they can cause agony.

lol Right.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That's the great thing about free speech....as a consumer, it instructs where and where not to spend my money. I'd much rather all of the ass-hat companies out there self-identify their outrageous views. Saves me the effort.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

well...I don't like it. But it's their magazine.

We supported their right to make fun of allah, so we can't really complain about this. Doesn't mean I'll ever buy an issue, in fact I know I wouldn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join