It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Hebdo’s Latest Cover Shouts: ‘God Exists! He Drowned All the Neo-Nazis of Texas’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Charlie Hebdo has a long history of controversial cartoons that have riled up people all over the world. It has featured the Prophet Muhammad, who many Muslims believe should not be depicted at all, including on a 2006 cover with the headline “Mohammed Overwhelmed by Fundamentalism.” The magazine was denounced by the French president at the time, Jacques Chirac, and was sued over that issue.

It has also published covers that shout, “The Koran is worthless—it doesn’t even stop bullets!” and “I slept with my dad to get ahead,” mocking the son of then-President Nicolas Sarkozy. It has portrayed the pope holding a condom aloft, Michael Jackson as a skeleton with hair and the words “Michael Jackson, white at last,” and a naked woman with a piece of fabric sticking out of her backside and the words “Yes to wearing the burqa…on the inside!”

given that i've seen conservatives give a pass to the extreme anti-muslim covers hebdo has published in the past, i'm interested to see the reaction they have to this one...

painting with a broad brush and extreme insensitivity and calling it satire is all well and good when they're not going after you, eh?

Charlie Hebdo’s Latest Cover

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Is Texas the nazi headquarters?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Does this poor lady look like a Nazi to them?

And I wouldn't be surprised if the professor that got fired for saying Harvey is Karma got offered a job at Charlie Hebdo.

edit on 8/31/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

not that i'm aware of.

i don't approve of the cover, but i didn't like their other ones either.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Meh.

Free speech.

It's a wonderful thing!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The pretzel logic you just used to promote your political ideology is pathetic.

Mother nature does not discriminate. I watched Americans saving fellow Americans regardless of their race and here you are using a non sequitur in your comparison.

GROW UP!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Meh, Satire like Milo.

First its in another country, in a rag that Ive never seen in person, that Ive only heard of when they were attacked, and a few other "controversial" covers since.

Insensitive on a humane level, but again they are provocateurs by trade.

I see stuff like this in the US 10x more often.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Anyone that gets offended by a satirical cover needs to take off their diapers and put on some big boy pants.

It's meant to be controversial.

But it sounds like you're expecting some faux outrage?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Meh.

Free speech.

It's a wonderful thing!

Absolutely.

However, the fact that they will no longer be offensive toward Muslims shows that using violence to suppress free speech is an effective tool.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Didnt you get the memo?

Its just "the South" wrapped up to peolple who arent familiar with american states.

Country/western/cowboy/KKK/guns/etc. its all the same to them.

Did you know that Southern France is all Muslims, and Mecca is there too?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

guess we will need to have a nazi shoot them up than

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Meh.

Free speech.

It's a wonderful thing!

Absolutely.

However, the fact that they will no longer be offensive toward Muslims shows that using violence to suppress free speech is an effective tool.

Well yeah. Just look at Antifa.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
a reply to: Grambler

guess we will need to have a nazi shoot them up than

Um no.

I support free speech, and deplore violence.

I am merely condemning the cowardly media (not just hebdo but all that refused to show those pictures out of fear)

We should all stand up to any violence trying to stifle any free speech

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Oooohhh that's rough man. Too harsh and too soon to be funny. Nowhere near satire, it's a bad joke.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I Bet Neo Nazis storm their headquarters and Kill them all. Oh Wait, wrong extremists.

Charlie would have done better saying KKK rather than Nazi considering it's Southern States where the deaths are. Little more research CH.

Meh

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Absolutely.

you must have missed last month's cover.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Anyone that gets offended by a satirical cover needs to take off their diapers and put on some big boy pants.

It's meant to be controversial.

But it sounds like you're expecting some faux outrage?

i'm expecting that people who refused to see any problem with all their anti-muslim covers will be more upset by this one, yes. and they will point out the illogic of it without stopping to consider that the anti-muslim covers are also full of illogic. and so far i am seeing that.

link   
They can print it. It's a real low blow though. I guarantee no Texans will go shoot them because of it. We probably won't shed a tear next time they get attacked though.

I guess they don't realize that half of Houston isn't even white...

link   
Hell, let's just make light of France's problems....oh, I forgot they don't have any. Their just damn perfect lil humans, make me ashamed I took French in school. If I still knew any I would tell them in French to " eat poop and cake then die". But alas, we should feel sorry for that country. They have gave away all their power.....with all the immigration of the past 25 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Absolutely.

you must have missed last month's cover.

www.newsweek.com...

Good for them.

Unfortunately the fact almost no other outlet will show the old covers or even this new one shows that violence has intimated them into silence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join