It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Irma strengthening in the Atlantic

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Don't make him go there. Because he will.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Never tasted ass so I'm trusting you on this one lol.

We have something else in common, I am happy to say.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Katia is forecast to move over Mexico. This guy's just an alarmist.
Irma will push that tropical depression right out of its way.
A hurricane spins counter clockwise. Anything to its west gets pushed southward. With Irma moving west it will push Katia south then westward.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

See if we search hard enough we can find common ground. No pun intended. Well maybe just a little pun.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I don't like flavored creamers or flavored coffee. Cream and coffee, no hazelnuts or vanilla or caramel macho Camacho.
No foam or syrups or sprinkles or dusting.
Just plain old coffee like it comes from the plant and cream like it comes from the cow.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
You came to the exact same conclusion as he did, why is he an alarmist?

In other news, Hillsborough county schools have already canceled for the rest of the week so that families and the district can make their preparations.

Our school buildings and our 25,000 employees need time to prepare their facilities and families for the possibly devastating effects of Hurricane Irma.
Because of this, Hillsborough County Public Schools will close both Thursday and Friday, September 7th and 8th. In addition, all after-school activities will be cancelled for Thursday and Friday.

I assume many other districts in Florida have done likewise.

Should be a great time to go wind surfing at the beach though. That is until the wind gets past 60mph, then your ass better not be flying or you'll end up in the stratosphere or dragged under!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I assume many other districts in Florida have done likewise.

All the schools in my area have closed, along with many of the county public services departments. The church I attend, one of our campuses is closed to prepare for the storm. That campus is always used as a shelter during hurricane season and a storm is expected.

I lucked up and I am on 24 call since Monday morning at 12am and will not be off call until Sunday 09/10 at 12am. Of course I will not be called out in the heat of the storm, usually, but I am doing some serious praying that I don't get called.

After Andrew I had to ride on a truck with the fire department to respond to calls of those stranded and in need of medication, mostly insulin. I was serving in a different capacity back then. Anything I will be called out to now will be ugly and representative of the dark side of humanity.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Keep that machine well oiled and ready to draw. Heres hoping you can avoid the trouble of the delinquents who always exploit a community's most vulnerable moments.

Here is something new out of St. Martin on twitter:

kharla‏ @sxeishorty

French side of St Martin #HurricaneIrma
7:48 AM

The #HurricaneIrma has lots of the documentation from the flooding in St. Maartin and also stuff from other islands as well. The airport is devastated, terminal's flooded and half the roof is missing from what I see.

And #ty delta jacked up their prices! They should just be doing free flights and ask the Feds to cover the tab.

Shame on you @Delta for Jacking prices up from $547 to $3200+ for people trying to evacute responsibly #HurricaneIrma #IrmaHurricane #Sad

edit on 9-6-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Keep that machine well oiled and ready to draw. Heres hoping you can avoid the trouble of the delinquents who always exploit a community's most vulnerable moments.

Here is something new out of St. Martin on twitter:

kharla‏ @sxeishorty

French side of St Martin #HurricaneIrma
7:48 AM

The #HurricaneIrma has lots of the documentation from the flooding in St. Maartin and also stuff from other islands as well. The airport is devastated, terminal's flooded and half the roof is missing from what I see.

And #ty delta jacked up their prices! They should just be doing free flights and ask the Feds to cover the tab.

Shame on you @Delta for Jacking prices up from $547 to $3200+ for people trying to evacute responsibly #HurricaneIrma #IrmaHurricane #Sad

Supply and demand is crazy isn't it. No, the federal government is trillions in debt...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes
So whats another hundred million or so right? In this case, it would certainly be a wise thing to do, save your tax generators right?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Throes
So whats another hundred million or so right? In this case, it would certainly be a wise thing to do, save your tax generators right?

Private donations.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Key West is a ghost town.

Its a good sign though that enough people have taken the storm seriously and left the most vulnerable spot in Florida.

Videos streaming in of the aftermath from the islands

edit on 9-6-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Our school buildings and our 25,000 employees need time to prepare their facilities and families for the possibly devastating effects of Hurricane Irma.

Wow, 25,000 employees! Must be a huge county.

I have family there and we're already planning to take in as many as we can or get them to a place safe further north in GA and AL.

edit on 9-6-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
Its the eighth largest school district in the US. Good size county for sure. I doubt we will get too much damage though. Its just precautionary. Once she smacks into florida, she will lose strength by the hour and be reduced to a one or two within twelve ... typically anyways.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thanks. I still haven't heard from family in the area. I am guessing the lines are all down.

In all the seriousness of the video, and the lost, it still made me smile. He reminded me of how I tease my family that they turn people's heads when I introduce them as being from St. Martin, and they open their mouths and sound like they just showed up on the island yesterday. They sound like they were born and raised in the States, but they weren't.

I pray that everyone came through the storm uninjured and that the damages are manageable. Together we can weather any storm.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You are on thecshouth side of Lake O aren't you? If memory serves me right anyway. I'm about 15 miles north of it up 441. Grew up down here, but I have to say, this is the first one I consider a real nail biter. I've never been this nervous.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

that is utterly disgusting the faa or the government should be able to hammer transport
companys that pull crap like this!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman
Yes. I am south and wee bit east of Lake O.

I am not afraid, but I would be lying if I said the question of the stability of the levee hasn't crossed my mind a time or two.

I am not as vulnerable to the trees, the majority of the ones close to my house have been thinned out by previous storms. I still have a couple of really big fellows that if they fell right, could do damage to my house, but I am praying that since those guys have been around since before I was a twinkle in my Dad's eye, that maybe they will stay put.

I am putting up my shutters selectively. Doing the bottom first. Will leave the top ones to the young folks. My brother is having a conniption fit because I won't wait for the men to come do them. But I can do what I can do. I will leave the rest up to them, but one less thing they have to do frees them up to be able to get everyone snugged in without rushing.

I may be a bit along in the years but I am still functional, and after working with some of the young folks over the summer, I found I have a lot more stamina.

Stay safe. Keep a look out. I will be the one in the blue kayak, wearing a black cap covered in sparkles. If you see me floating by, throw me a line.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I agree Delta should be slammed for this. Think I'll post that in a few places, maybe the word will get out.

I'm sadden to think the keys probably won't be the keys we use to know and love. Wonder how well 7 mile new bridge will hold up. Storm surge is going to kill them. Can probably forget Fort Luaderale and Hollywood beach for awhile too...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Don't be too sure on them grandaddy oaks. I saw many of the largest ones fall over here in Tampa back in '04. Some of them may have been pushing a century or so from the size of em.

Virtually all of them tipped over out of the ground, not snapped. The ground gets super waterlogged and they are essentially just sitting in mud. Coupled with the extra water weight of the soaked wood and leaves, the wind just tips them right over with a nice gust. Be mindful of that. This one in my front yard fortunately is not angled towards me, but my neighbor. Unfortunately for them though ...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join