It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Irma strengthening in the Atlantic

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Harvey was the 'thousand year storm'.
Now I hear this morning that Irma is the most powerful storm in recorded history.
What will they do when the next one is even stronger?

NK will see to that.

I'm also trying to find decent live coverage.

#WhereIsJeff

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There is only one single route that storm can take to hit the city i live in as a cat3+ , and most the model do not show it taking that route. By the time it makes it here, it will only be a 1 or 2 tops, if that. We have ridden out plenty of those. In fact there is a sport we enjoy called go out to the water and lean into the wind as it holds you up.

My concern is the jackasses that migrate out from east of Nebraska avenue and into other parts of the city to break into homes and cars when people have left entire neighborhoods empty. happens every time a storm like this approaches.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
edit someone tricked me.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

That was posted two pages back as a different island. It is supposedly tornado footage from 2016.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

That was posted two pages back as a different island. It is supposedly tornado footage from 2016.

Thanks I havent logged in here for months so i did not check all pages

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
I understand.

I plan to ride it out also. I feel my home is the safest place to ride it out this time around. There is no place on the track that is safer, and getting on the road to drive out of state at this time is folly, even with the tolls suspended. No planes are coming or going from South Florida, the only other way out is by boat and well, that is just not going to happen.

I am not afraid and like I said before, unless a tornado drops down on my head, or the levee breaks, the most I will likely get is some standing water in places, some downed trees, and some debris.

There is always the possibility of losing roof tiles, but my roof is strapped on all side so the frame should hold.

Again, wasn't criticizing, just doing what old ladies do best, caring.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Thank you for the concern. There will be trees down all over the city though for sure. In fact, I am fairly certain the tree in the front will not be standing after this storm passes. It is missing half its trunk base already since I moved in two years ago! I made sure to let the neighbor know to park their vehicle somewhere else, and probably to not be in the room closest to it.

It leans towards his home, and where that weakness is it is guaranteed to hit his property even though it sits on mine. I already have a chainsaw ready though, and asked him to move the vehicle so I can start trimming it down .

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I enjoy visiting the beach and spent two weeks vacationing in Cancun back in April, but I have never had the desire to live on the ocean. I have always felt the risk and cost just wasn't worth it.

I have family that lives in St. Martin, but they live up in the mountains. Haven't been able to get in touch with them yet. Still waiting, that is why I am looking for reliable information about the aftermath of the storm.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I suppose it would be both good and bad if IRMA tracked over most of Cuba, as it's now looking like it may do. Cuba would weaken Irma significantly, but then Texas/Louisiana would be under the gun again.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I enjoy visiting the beach and spent two weeks vacationing in Cancun back in April, but I have never had the desire to live on the ocean. I have always felt the risk and cost just wasn't worth it.

I have family that lives in St. Martin, but they live up in the mountains. Haven't been able to get in touch with them yet. Still waiting, that is why I am looking for reliable information about the aftermath of the storm.

I understand completely. I have a loved one living in the south east at a harbor. Luckily not unexperienced to hurricanes but this was a bad one. I have mainly focused my search to Saint Martin obviously. But true sources are hard to get, especially since most live cams went out right before the eye.

I just have noticed twitter gives a flood of info (and misinfo) but is a fast way to get at least some info.

If I hear anything from my loved ones I will post here, please share any info you have too.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You tell me. Starbucks tastes like chemicals to me. I don't know what the damn appeal is.
Give me some black silk from Folgers or a dark roast Columbian and I'm happy.
And real cream none of that powder.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am so fricking sick of this storm already.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Give me some black silk from Folgers

I actually like that coffee too.
On a break from coffee right now though.
edit on b000000302017-09-06T09:50:47-05:0009America/ChicagoWed, 06 Sep 2017 09:50:47 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone on Barbuda has a HAM radio..............

Just leaving my thoughts here randomly at this point.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Never understood cream in coffee.

MILK. instant or not.

just something I've learnt from my time getting to know people in the US. it's all creamer with fancy flavours. and here I am just using plain ol' moo juice which is what everyone does here. My ex would spend 3 minutes at the store or whatever it was getting a coffee, that machine whirring over and over for each drip of coffee then creamer.

strange... When it comes down to it, black coffee, no sugar. gets my day going.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
You tell me. Starbucks tastes like chemicals to me.

Instant coffee and Starbucks both taste like ass.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Too thin. I like the creamyness and viscosity of cream. Half and half will do. Milk only if I don't have the other. I had an aunt who would pour the milk into a little spoon. Pour the milk from the spoon back into the container and just stirred the milk that clung to the spoon into her coffee. She hated milk but for what ever reason she put that tiny little bit into her coffee.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Never tasted ass so I'm trusting you on this one lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join