It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discarded Banana Peel Causes Racial Hysteria at Ole Miss

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: IAMTAT

a frat boy on campus is walking around eating a banana...after he eats it, he can't find a trash can...so he tosses the peel in a nearby tree.

Plausibly deniable racism, as in monkeys eat bananas, too.

Chicken s*** , what huh?? "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that blacks are descended from apes".

Yes frat boy, you did.

article

If you are a non-black person reading this, please understand we are not having a discussion about whether this incident is racist. We have correctly labeled it as racist and we are moving along.

That's all I need to know about your source.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read it as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm guessing none of the three can even hazard to walk down the produce isle in local grocery store........so many bananas there it could trigger a life altering event. This is pure craziness. Soon we'll be treating bananas & black people like Muslims & bacon.
edit on 31-8-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Um, did it ever occur to anyone that bananas grow from trees (and they literally hang from them no less)? By this logic banana trees are racist. Perhaps antifa will start attacking peoples florida edible landscaped yards moving forward???

edit on 31-8-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Or...

He ate a banana because he likes bananas, they are after all tasty, and after having consumed said tasty treat, he realized there was not a garbage receptacle in which to place his tasty treats not so tasty peel. So he, foolishly, as it turns out, just tossed it into a tree.

Cue total and complete pandemonium over snack time.

Plausible racism... Well that certainly covers a wide gamut of actions, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What I don't understand is, how did the three students that first discovered the banana peel in the tree, know the race of the person who ate the banana and tossed it there?

A person of ANY ethnicity could've eaten the banana. Isn't assuming the 'banana eater' was white, a racist assumption in itself?

did you even read the whole original article yourself, before you rushed to post something about how dumb it all was? or did you just read todd starnes vomit article about it?

Did I read both articles--Yes.
Did I post the ENTIRE article(s)?-- Nope. Mods frown upon that.
Did I rush to post?---Define rush...but, no, I did not rush.
Do I think this event is "dumb"?--Yes.

BTW: If I saw an empty box of crackers in my front yard...The LAST thing I would wonder about would be the ethnicity of the person responsible for putting it there.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OBVIOUSLY a millennial...

These cucks make it TOO easy to spot.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't condone what he said at all, but to be fair, that isn't racism, that's being prejudice.

Had he said "I hate black people because they are stupid and lazy with no accountability"

That's racist.

Actually that would prejudiced, too, because it's a preconceived opinion. 99.9% of the time that people use "racist" to describe someone, they're using it wrong and out of context.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Unless they're unsalted...

I certainly wouldn't start a "race riot".

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All jokes and disbelief aside regarding the topic of this thread; it does open up the doors for a very good discussion. Offensive words, acts, or objects are purely based on an individual perspective /subjective experience? If so, how can anyone foresee such perspective before offending anyone unintentionally? If this is impossible...how can the offended individual/s better handle their personal perceptions?

Obviously, this banana peel was not hanging from a noose. Yet, it was perceived that way by the offended. Is it not their perception exaggerating the offense that may be the issue to resolve?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: trollz

They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back.

Yeah, they're so silly to be offended by a banana peel because clearly there are no racists spouting racist # in the world.

Yes there are racists in this world but one day people these idiots will just have to grow up.

link   
a reply to: seagull

But he should have removed the stixker from the peel. The sticker is liter. The peel is primo fertilizer.

In other news everyone should try to enjoy bananas while you can. It could anyday bethat they arent even hardly available as a crop anymore. And thats eve before antifa ecoterrorists set about attacking the few remaining global crop lands due to racism.

link   

Whose the triggered snowflakes now?

If a black student left an empty box of Saltines outside a white frathouse, there'd be a race riot.

Why? White people (or Republicans) aren't triggered by things like that. I'd just go put it back in front of the black guy's house.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

a frat boy on campus is walking around eating a banana...after he eats it, he can't find a trash can...so he tosses the peel in a nearby tree.

Plausibly deniable racism, as in monkeys eat bananas, too.

Chicken s*** , what huh?? "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that blacks are descended from apes".

Yes frat boy, you did.

article

Since when do monkeys eat bananas?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

What I don't understand is, how did the three students that first discovered the banana peel in the tree, know the race of the person who ate the banana and tossed it there?

A person of ANY ethnicity could've eaten the banana. Isn't assuming the 'banana eater' was white, a racist assumption in itself?

did you even read the whole original article yourself, before you rushed to post something about how dumb it all was? or did you just read todd starnes vomit article about it?

Did I read both articles--Yes.
Did I post the ENTIRE article(s)?-- Nope. Mods frown upon that.
Did I rush to post?---Define rush...but, no, I did not rush.
Do I think this event is "dumb"?--Yes.

BTW: If I saw an empty box of crackers in my front yard...The LAST thing I would wonder about would be the ethnicity of the person responsible for putting it there.

LOL! I am going to find you and keep all of my Premium Saltine boxes for a year just to put them in your yard.

That was a perfect example of this story....spot on.

link   

Now what kind of agenda would that push? They need some white on black racism.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Who is dismissing racism?

Of course it exists. My God, man, get a grip. Sometimes a banana peel in a tree is, well, litter. Unless you can read minds, now?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You better leave a whole wheel ofcrddar cheese with them.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Um, did it ever occur to anyone that bananas grow from trees (and they literally hang from them no less)? By this logic banana trees are racist. Perhaps antifa will start attacking peoples florida edible landscaped yards moving forward???

Sssshhhhhh.....logic is not acceptable these days. Pretty soon you'll see a call for all banana trees to be cut down....right after all monuments are stripped.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Tell me, do you go through life making such stereotypical generalizations about everyone, or just certain segments of society?

Those kids will, in all likelihood, go on to lead lives as productive, if not more so, as most of us--your own bad self, included.

You might want to layoff the overt generalizations, and stereotypes.
edit on 8/31/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You better leave a whole wheel ofcrddar cheese with them.

More of a black label Smokey blue fan myself, but that would probably make me racist.....cheddar it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join