It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia police officer at DUI stop: 'We only kill black people'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They have released a video from an incident that happened in July 2016.

It's a dashcam vid and has a police officer telling the "stopee" that "We only kill black people, right?".

This comment was apparently in response to a woman who said she saw too many police videos and was possibly afriad to move her hands to get her cellphone.

Big investigation.

Was he serious? or was it just a "rough" attempt at dry humor?

Georgia police officer at DUI stop: 'We only kill black people'

A lieutenant from a police department in Georgia is under investigation after a dash-cam video obtained by Channel 2 Action News appears to show the officer telling a driver during a DUI stop, “Remember, we only kill black people.”

Lt. Greg Abbott of the Cobb County Police Department reportedly asked the driver to grab her cell phone, but she replied she’s afraid to move her hands because she has “just seen way too many videos of cops … ”

Abbott responds, “But, you’re not black. Remember, we only shoot black people. We only kill black people, right? All the videos you’ve seen, have you seen the black people get killed?”

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounded like sarcasm to me. I don't think he actually meant that.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Probably rough attempt at humor. However, it's part of the job to be taped. They should hire people with higher iq's who remember the recorder is on and train and pay them better to avoid all of the situations in the overarching problems that arise from police picking up societies trash and not being capable, supported, or trained enough to do it .

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

He ought to be sent to joke therapy.
There is a time and place for jokes like that.... No time and in your head.
Bad decision on his part.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The cop must have forgotten that a white woman from Australia was just killed by cops she called to her home.

So, it used to be that cops only killed black folks, but today, things have changed, everyone is a target.

So, the woman in the car is right not to move her hands or make any sudden moves.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yeah it sounds like it.

I am one to rarely side with the cops, but he is dealing with someone who is either drunk or on drugs and she is freaking out and worried.

His ridiculous racist assurance is totally uncalled for though...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm gonna take you to jail, and impound your car... gotta love america

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

The cop must have forgotten that a white woman from Australia was just killed by cops she called to her home.

Yea, he probably forgot during a traffic stop in July 2016 that a white woman in Minnesota got killed in July 2017.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He should know better.There are somethings You just don't joke about especially when People are weary of cops.Besides it wasn't even funny imo..

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Simply, it was sarcasm...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

So, it used to be that cops only killed black folks, but today, things have changed, everyone is a target.

So, the woman in the car is right not to move her hands or make any sudden moves.

Wasn't that a cop that was here on a visa?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yea, he probably forgot during a traffic stop in July 2016 that a white woman in Minnesota got killed in July 2017.

Doubt he watched the video. That's too much work for some.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Seems to me like a poor attempt at cop humor. Probably would have gotten a tired chuckle from the other officers, but it's truly not entertaining to a citizen who has already stated they had fears.

In the words of Red Forman:

Dumbass.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Simply, it was sarcasm...

Considering all the black people that have been killed by LEOs...perhaps it was just expressing the truth from his point of view.
edit on 31-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They don't let a little thing like an actual timeline get in the way of an agenda driven narrative.

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Doubt he watched the video. That's too much work for some.

Or the first line of the OP, even.

link   
Like I wrote in the other thread, obviously sarcasm, obviously not the thing to do either.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It was obviously sarcasm, but there's a bit of truth to every joke. Had it been a black male he pulled over, it might've not been a joke for much longer!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Sounds like sarcasm.
To everyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Sounds like sarcasm.
To everyone.

Sounds like sarcasm... in a world where just being in the wrong place at the wrong time gets you shot by cops.

How about the one where the cop pulls over a guy for an expired license, and threatens him to buy tickets to some crap the cops are holding, or he'll take him to jail.

"You want me to buy three?"
"Yeah, or I'll take your car and you go to jail."

Justice for all...

pfft.

edit on 31/8/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join