It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Very Odd In That “CNN Crew Rescuing Man in Truck” Video…

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Great Job ATS! Your analysis of the so-called rescue matches perfectly what the experts are saying.
www.bizpacreview.com...

The Verdict: FAKE RESCUE ORCHESTRATED BY CNN.

LOL. Why are you trying so hard? Why do you want CNN to be fake news so hard?
It's already been debunked long time ago.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Great Job ATS! Your analysis of the so-called rescue matches perfectly what the experts are saying.
www.bizpacreview.com...

Congratulating ATS members for doing such a great job is not "wanting" anything. It's a pat on the back.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

www.bizpacreview.com...

Congratulating ATS members for doing such a great job is not "wanting" anything. It's a pat on the back.

I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that that it's great that we debunked the OP?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Snopes

"This is a moot point, of course, as Griffin did not change his clothes during the course of this footage. The four men that can be seen in the video are reporter Drew Griffin (wearing a red jacket and pants), photographer Scott Pisczek (wearing a black shirt and shorts), producer Brian Rokus (wearing a red jacket and shorts), and Jerry Sumrall (the man who was pulled from the truck, who is not wearing a red jacket). Those peddling this claim apparently believe that the man spotted in shorts (around the :31 mark) was reporter Drew Griffin, not his field producer Brian Rokus. But upon reviewing the footage, this is not physically possible. Griffin can be seen running off screen to the left as he chases down the truck down the ravine. When the camera pans over, it shows a second man (Rokus, wearing shorts) who is already standing near the water. Judging by the time that passes between Griffin’s departure from the screen, the direction that he was running, and the audio of his footsteps crunching against the grass, it is not possible for Griffin to be the man in shorts. What is even less clear is why someone would stop, change their clothes, pretend to save someone, then stop and change their clothes again, or why CNN — a company that has been in the video news business for decades — would put out a hoax video that was so sloppily edited. Matt Dornic, CNN’s vice president of communications, sent us a photograph of Griffin and Rokus on location. Both men are pictured wearing red CNN-branded jackets, as is standard for field reporting and producing. * * *

This conspiracy theory hinges on the idea that Drew Griffin changed from shorts to pants in the middle of his report. And although we still aren’t sure how this detail would be relevant in the staging of a rescue, this video actually shows two different men, Griffin and his producer Brian Rokus, wearing similar red jackets."

Congrats - your conspiracy theory relies upon a gross scarcity of red jackets among employees of CNN.
edit on 2-9-2017 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

This is not the same guy.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
CNN has been caught staging "news" before (and Im sure plenty of other "news" stations do it as well). When you do that, how can you blame people for questioning your honesty and integrity?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
CNN has been caught staging "news" before (and Im sure plenty of other "news" stations do it as well). When you do that, how can you blame people for questioning your honesty and integrity?

Maybe they have been caught before but this ain't it

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
How far will CNN go to get their story?
Answer: To share their pants and underwear to promote high quality fake news.

CNN is the pioneer of fake news, what does their future hold?
Answer: Full-frontal nudity for high ratings, they will go commando with trendy buck naked reporters.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

www.bizpacreview.com...

I don't understand your comment. Are you saying that that it's great that we debunked the OP?

Maybe I overlooked the post which proved that the CNN rescue was legit. Can you link to it for me please?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Easy. Look at 47 and 50 second marks.
The reporter was wearing the rain pants and boots the whole time.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Easy. Look at 47 and 50 second marks.
The reporter was wearing the rain pants and boots the whole time.

I'll refer back to me partial break down of the video.

originally posted by: Guyfriday
at 47 seconds in, we can clearly see that the person running is Drew Griffin. Important note is that we don't see if he's wearing shorts or pants

at 50 seconds in, we see a person wearing a red coat similar (if not the same) coat as Drew Griffin at the apparent waters edge. Important note here is that the person has shorts on, and all the action is behind a street sign. at this point we can not see if any other CNN people or other wise are at the spot helping the pickup truck driver out or not.

at 54 seconds in, we see the a wipe took place (this is what people use merge one scene of film to another) here it looks to be done in order to save screen time.

Also at 54 seconds in, we see that there is a non-CNN person there at the scene helping rescue the driver (I say non-CNN person since this person isn't wearing any CNN identifying items like their red coats) Important note is the Drew Griffin is on scene wearing black pants, boots, and oddly holding a microphone.

Now if we were to believe that both CNN personnel were on the scene (Drew Griffin and his field producer Brian Rokus), then the question comes to mind as to where was Rokus during the final part of the video, and why did he disappear between wipes?

The article on Snopes points out:

the only things of note edited out of the original footage were a few off-camera curse words and roughly 90 seconds of a blurry street sign (presumably because Rokus jumped away from operating the camera to help Griffin save the hapless driver).  

If this was true, and that Rokus was running the camera, then how did the camera pan over and zoom in, or was there an actual camera man there it's just that Rokus was on the camera at that time? The sign was a handicap parking sign, and not a street sign (my mistake on my first post here as well, but since they were there, then they should have known what the sign was.) basic mistake, and I'm not going to dig them on it. The issue I do have is the 90 seconds of video edited out. After watching the video multiple times, I figure that the whole travel of the truck from start to finish was only 200ish feet, and the point from where Drew saw the truck to the time that he was able to get to it, was 30 +/-1 second. During this time the truck only moved about 80 feet. Given this data the there should only have been 70ish seconds edited out and not 90. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but what I won't do is give them full credit on this. When and where did the second guy show up that was wearing shorts at the end of the video? Another thing that is bugging me about this is the issue with the truck itself.

It's a newer truck so as long as the door isn't opened it should float for a few minutes without and major reality bending, but the truck is running when it's in the water at first, and given that it looks to be a 4X4 it does look like it floated across the canal and had gotten a grip on the other side (this can be seen by how the truck moved during the first few seconds of floating across the canal, and started to move up on the side of the canal near the reporter) Looking at the google map of the area you can see how the trucks movement corresponds to the elevation of the canal banks. Also looking at the area, the driver of the truck would have had to drive up over a curb, down a bank, and continued into the deeper areas of the overflowing canal (as I pointed out in my first post you can see the driver looking at the film crew while he was rolling down his window)

I find it very funny that a CNN Producer is claiming that there wasn't anything fishy about this, while not really putting out there the unedited video. If he really wanted to put this to rest he should post the unedited video, and show Drew Griffin and Brian Rokus being heroic.

I'm thinking the sad issue here is that the Female reporter that aided in saving the Semi-Truck Driver's life, and the massive YouTube views that video got CNN to try and create a situation in which they can reap in views as well. Never mind that a created event fails in comparison to real heroism. By doing this type of behavior they run the risk of creating a dangerous situation that real rescuers will be needed to respond too (such as the mystery guy seen in this video at the end of the cut).

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You guys are so desperate to find something "conspiratorial" nowadays that you have ONE video about something that you find questionable, because you don't know how to watch a video.

Literally, your only piece of "evidence" on this, is that theres a guy with a red jacket, that's wearing shorts.

It is so obvious that it is not the same person, that it makes me want to give up on ATS.

You guys need to do some more research before bandwagoning. You're as bad as the followers of said news station.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen>>>> More fake news from CNN. They have a responsibility to present actual news as a service to the people and their viewers. If they can't or won't do that and keep engaging in whatever it is they do these days, they need to have their press credentials revoked. That was incredibly faked and poorly acted and that reporter needs to be banned from the business as well as the producer and entire camera crew. Crisis actor drives into a pond, right on the heels of crisis actor stages Charlottesville protest.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

That's it? Your "evidence" is that the guy in khaki shorts didn't appear after the "edit"?
No idea why people are trying so hard to make CNN fake news. I can find a few videos from Fox News and point out weird things about them.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well that and if we are to believe that both Griffin and Rokus were trying to save the driver, then why do we only see Griffin and an unnamed person there saving the driver. What happened to Rokus? If we are to believe that Rokus was working the camera, and that both him and griffin ran over to help the driver, then who was operating the camera when it panned over to the truck and zoomed in on it?

So in short, No, it's not just an issue of who was wearing shorts and who wasn't, but rather why edit a heroic rescue by cutting out a section of video because of something that could have been bleeped out.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well that and if we are to believe that both Griffin and Rokus were trying to save the driver, then why do we only see Griffin and an unnamed person there saving the driver. What happened to Rokus? If we are to believe that Rokus was working the camera, and that both him and griffin ran over to help the driver, then who was operating the camera when it panned over to the truck and zoomed in on it?

So in short, No, it's not just an issue of who was wearing shorts and who wasn't, but rather why edit a heroic rescue by cutting out a section of video because of something that could have been bleeped out.

We can ask them. Maybe ask them for an unedited video.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

that would be a great idea.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

that would be a great idea.

I could ask him on his twitter. But I don't know what to say. LOL.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage>>>> If the driver deliberately drove his truck into the water, any attempt he makes at an insurance claim is FRAUD and highly ILLEGAL and he will be CRIMINALLY prosecuted. CNN will also be charged as an accessory, or at least the reporter.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'll leave this here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join