It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Very Odd In That “CNN Crew Rescuing Man in Truck” Video…

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: xuenchen

What is the problem? Reporter red jacket, crew guy black jacket, rescued guy blue shirt. The entire time. What's weird?

I'm right there with ya dude. Nobody changed clothes, and there is definitely three people at the end. That said, there was still plenty weird about the entire thing, uh, mostly really, really, really bad acting. "Get out dude" no emotion at all, if that really took him by surprise, he wouldn't have said that at all and he would have just ran to the rescue... ya know?

They also didn't catch the actual rescue, it happened behind that sign, and like wtf did the dude drive there for anyway? And do you really need rescuing? You can just open the window, the truck was floating with the windows above the water line. The guy was in no danger at all, and when the truck took on water, it would have hit the ground before he could drown.
edit on 1-9-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

What is the problem? Reporter red jacket, crew guy black jacket, rescued guy blue shirt. The entire time. What's weird?

I'm right there with ya dude. Nobody changed clothes, and there is definitely three people at the end. That said, there was still plenty weird about the entire thing, uh, mostly really, really, really bad acting. "Get out dude" no emotion at all, if that really took him by surprise, he wouldn't have said that at all and he would have just ran to the rescue... ya know?

They also didn't catch the actual rescue, it happened behind that sign, and like wtf did the dude drive there for anyway? And do you really need rescuing? You can just open the window, the truck was floating with the windows above the water line. The guy was in no danger at all, and when the truck took on water, it would have hit the ground before he could drown.

And at the beginning of the video, when he drove into the water that he was rescued from.... he calmly rolled down his window and laid his his arm on the door, very relaxed for someone that was in such extreme danger.

Good call on the part about how he would have been fine is the truck took on water, it was grounded when they took him out, wasn't drifting anywhere because the tires were on the ground.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Can't embed image

edit on 1-9-2017 by canuckster because: Can't embed image

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Could be dodgy, or it could be that he was halfway prepared for a day in a flood zone, and had some waterproof pants on hand, in case of emergency. Those things take seconds to put on, but are a total must in a flood zone.

Smart rational people usually put on rain gear BEFORE entering the flood zone. This reporter is either an idiot or an actor or both.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
CNN bizarre stuff continues to happen over and over again and again......Not gonna throw on different outfits if someones life is on the line.Just those few seconds could have cost the man His life.However everything else seemed real...
After looking again it seems staged.....What is with CNN
edit on 1-9-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Next CNN stunt might be a rescue boat heading into the streets with a big sign on it that reads... "WHITE PEOPLE ONLY!!! "

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Another odd moment when the man from the floating truck says “I want to thank you CNN guys for saving MY LIFE.” Most folks would say “Thank you for saving me” or “Thank you for rescuing me.”
The life-saving part seems calculated to increase the drama and heroics.

Interesting comment.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And at the beginning of the video, when he drove into the water that he was rescued from.... he calmly rolled down his window and laid his his arm on the door, very relaxed for someone that was in such extreme danger.

Good call on the part about how he would have been fine is the truck took on water, it was grounded when they took him out, wasn't drifting anywhere because the tires were on the ground.

Pretty sure the guy in shorts and the reporter are 2 different people.

I agree about the calmness of the guy in the truck, and when pulled to the bank it seems overacted.

The thing that really stands out to me is the reporter actually running to the vehicle with his Mic still in hand. You can see him holding it even after he gets the guy out of the car and bringing it back up to talk at that same moment.

Anyone that can swim should have been able to get out of that truck pretty easily and get up on the bank....water wasn't moving very fast.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This was one of my all time faves and the fact she was called out live juat kills me.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The reporter never puts down his wireless mic. He's pulling the dude out of the ravine, while still holding his mic. Who does that? Clearly, he didn't fear for that man's life, or he would've dropped that mic right away.

fake.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
I was buzzed yesterday LOL. Doesn't change anything.

You shouldn't have admitted that! Now I wonder if I can trust your posts. LOL.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Actually we never saw him come out of the truck.....but shirt may have had up to two hoursto wick dry....but the collar was somehow friggin pressed perfect.....before the thank you shot

idk
edit on 1-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
After going over this video, here's what I've noticed:

at 32 seconds in, The driver casually lowers the window while looking directly at the film crew

at 47 seconds in, we can clearly see that the person running is Drew Griffin. Important note is that we don't see if he's wearing shorts or pants

at 50 seconds in, we see a person wearing a red coat similar (if not the same) coat as Drew Griffin at the apparent waters edge. Important note here is that the person has shorts on, and all the action is behind a street sign. at this point we can not see if any other CNN people or other wise are at the spot helping the pickup truck driver out or not.

at 54 seconds in, we see the a wipe took place (this is what people use merge one scene of film to another) here it looks to be done in order to save screen time.

Also at 54 seconds in, we see that there is a non-CNN person there at the scene helping rescue the driver (I say non-CNN person since this person isn't wearing any CNN identifying items like their red coats) Important note is the Drew Griffin is on scene wearing black pants, boots, and oddly holding a microphone.

I'll add more later, but here's something to ponder on, this guy drove his truck not into a flooded roadway but in to a canal. The Jack in the Box that the CNN crew is reporting in front of is located at:
3885 Interstate 10 Access Rd
Beaumont, TX 77705
Map it out and things begin to look a little more odd, if this was a real rescue.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I thought I saw a guy wearing shorts run to the truck and then he had on long pants and boots moments later.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I just figured it out. At 47 second you can see the reporter running. At 50 second another guy in khaki shorts is already there walking slowly.
Mystery solved.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is the location:
Google Earth
That ravine sure is YUGE!

edit on 9/1/2017 by Deaf Alien because: Blech English.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
yep, the canal.....and im really suspicious of exactly how the truck floated...

i realize when it turned longitudinally to the canal.....it could have the front end rolling...but.....

the rest of it ...i thought to myself styrofoam.....

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The driver didn't open the door. He rolled down the window and escaped from there.

Rule 3. Don't open the door! Roll down the windows instead. Opening the door is very difficult against the water pressure and it also allows so much water into the vehicle that it will speed up the sinking process. You'll have 30 seconds to a minute until the water rises to the bottom of the passenger windows. This is what Geisbrecht calls the floating period. After that, the water pressure will force the window against the doorframe, making it essentially impossible to roll down

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

But the reporter said that the Truck took on water and sunk, because there was (before Harvey) a small river right there.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Great Job ATS! Your analysis of the so-called rescue matches perfectly what the experts are saying.
www.bizpacreview.com...

The Verdict: FAKE RESCUE ORCHESTRATED BY CNN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join