It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Left and RINO's not interested in our freedoms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I am a lefty.

I do not want to hurt anyones freedoms. I am a British Citizen, but if you were to ask me what I believe about your second amendment, I would be all for it. If you were to ask me about the freedom of the press, I would say "I believe in this whole heartedly".

If you were to ask me whether I believe the constitution allows for the invasion of the privacy of citizens of the United States, under any pretext other than probable cause specifically relating to the individual, I would say "Of course not! Have you read the damned thing? Look up "Unreasonable search and seizure". Also, civil asset forfeiture can hang too".

If you were to ask me, whether I believe that a person should be free to speak their mind and mobilise politically, I would say "of course!".

I would also remind people, that one persons rights end, where anothers begin. If your free speech travels into the realms of treating others with disrespect based on prejudice, the law does NOT support you in doing so, in speaking that way, in spreading that ideology, and where judiciary members believe otherwise, you know you have some dirty, fascist, pig fondling, Klanspersons, worthy of little more than being shot in the knees and left to bleed in cougar country.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Democrats and Republicans both want to limit freedoms.

The 'left' and other such groups want people to have more freedoms than are allowed by the political monstrosities sitting atop the pile.

American "left" is different than the rest of the world's "left". I'm noticing that more and more, every day.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The one true "tell" in all of this is that the government refuses to look at term limits for themselves and for SCOTUS. That should tell you how "honest" any of them are.

This is key. Could not agree more.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The left constantly tries to erode the 1st, 2nd, and 10th amendment.

The right constantly tries to erode the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment.

The whole point of my thread thank you for your contribution.

Is it? When you say "the Left and RINO's" it comes off like you are blaming everyone BUT what you consider true Republicans and not both sides at all. Everyone knows that RINO is just a way to call a conservative/Republican you don't like a secret liberal.

Well,
We need to do away with party selecting one candidate to run for Potus and have a run off of 4-5 of the most votes in a prelim round election. Quit all this gerrymandering primary crap.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
LOL.

Well, first we'd have to have a decent definition for all these terms bandied about ... but, just as a basic observation, it's absurd to say that "the left" one of the major proponents in American history of the First Amendment, is trying to erode it.

Opposing terrorists like the Nazis and White Supremacists invasion of small-town America isn't "eroding" any Amendment.

And your freedom eroding position is what?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Simple, neither the right or left want to be held responsible for anything. The right-left paradigm will do whatever it has to to try and preserve itself, including trying to hide things by not discussing it.
edit on 31-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

LOL.

Well, first we'd have to have a decent definition for all these terms bandied about ... but, just as a basic observation, it's absurd to say that "the left" one of the major proponents in American history of the First Amendment, is trying to erode it.

Opposing terrorists like the Nazis and White Supremacists invasion of small-town America isn't "eroding" any Amendment.

Yes, far too many folks here on ATS seem to forget that we had actual Nazis waving actual Swastikas along with actual White Supremacists, who took to the streets in armed organised militias and murdered an innocent woman and attempted to murder several more.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It's about power.

If you have freedom, you have control. If they take your freedom, they have control.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I am a lefty.

I do not want to hurt anyones freedoms. I am a British Citizen, but if you were to ask me what I believe about your second amendment, I would be all for it. If you were to ask me about the freedom of the press, I would say "I believe in this whole heartedly".

If you were to ask me whether I believe the constitution allows for the invasion of the privacy of citizens of the United States, under any pretext other than probable cause specifically relating to the individual, I would say "Of course not! Have you read the damned thing? Look up "Unreasonable search and seizure". Also, civil asset forfeiture can hang too".

If you were to ask me, whether I believe that a person should be free to speak their mind and mobilise politically, I would say "of course!".

I would also remind people, that one persons rights end, where anothers begin. If your free speech travels into the realms of treating others with disrespect based on prejudice, the law does NOT support you in doing so, in speaking that way, in spreading that ideology, and where judiciary members believe otherwise, you know you have some dirty, fascist, pig fondling, Klanspersons, worthy of little more than being shot in the knees and left to bleed in cougar country.

Have a nice day.

\
Well, I agree with you sir until you forget violence is the limit here. Those idiots go underground with your scheme and people get sucked in. This way we get to decide they are "THEY ARE IN FACT IDIOTS" is a true statement but underground whispering and leftist lies to what to expect will be skewing the playing field. Smashing them down when they are stupid is not allowed. Smashing them down when they become violent, like the Antifa, is a must!

Your quote I like here is "the tip end of my nose".

Now you can keep your whacked free speech rules to yourself,

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

LOL.

Yes, far too many folks here on ATS seem to forget that we had actual Nazis waving actual Swastikas along with actual White Supremacists, who took to the streets in armed organised militias and murdered an innocent woman and attempted to murder several more.

That's just an excuse.

Take personal freedoms, including yours, away because of one group, and you still lose your freedoms. In your mind, you are striking out against that other group of people, but if they lose a freedom currently belonging to all of us just because we don't like what they say, then sooner or later, you lose that freedom too because someone out there won't like what you say.

It's very simple, and I'm very disgusted that so many don't seem to understand it. Either that or you exercise so much blind trust in power structures that have demonstrated nothing but willingness to accrue power unto themselves with no care to you or I or anyone else.
edit on 31-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well Republicans are the party most guilty of gerrymandering stuff. I agree though. We should use computer algorithms to determine the fairest representative districts. Though, be warned if that happens then the GOP would lose most of its power since the left outnumbers the right in this country.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well Republicans are the party most guilty of gerrymandering stuff. I agree though. We should use computer algorithms to determine the fairest representative districts. Though, be warned if that happens then the GOP would lose most of its power since the left outnumbers the right in this country.

How do you gerry mander tiny little urban areas clear out into empty areas full of mostly right leaning people?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

LOL.

And the communist Antifa who actually are hurting people and hurting non political things like a window or parked car time after time, get a pass? Hypocritical position to be in.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not every district is stupidly gerrymandered. Clearly there is no need to gerrymander a deep red area. But if you are truly curious and not just trolling me here is a list of the top ten gerrymandered states in the union. Only one is a blue state:
The Top 10 Most Gerrymandered States In America

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Did they kill anyone?

Did they bring guns?

No, that would be the Nazis. Again.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Most guilty in swing states goes to the Left in a landslide. The RINO's know they only have to steal enough conservative Senators to swing the vote to the Dem/Commie side they are D's when the voting starts in the Senate and you know it too. The left in so many cases is hung out as cheaters and I am saying the R's though so few proven incidents are doing it too. Krazy, you always act like you can't read or comprehend like you changing what i said to some apparently demented point in this post above. I thank you for helping me focus my points for those who actually can think clearly.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Did they kill anyone?

Did they bring guns?

No, that would be the Nazis. Again.

Yes, yes they did and do. I see, you care not for the truth at all. Like Krazy you are showing your lack of logic.

edit on 31-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

LOL.

That's just an excuse.

Take personal freedoms, including yours, away because of one group, and you still lose your freedoms. In your mind, you are striking out against that other group of people, but if they lose a freedom currently belonging to all of us just because we don't like what they say, then sooner or later, you lose that freedom too because someone out there won't like what you say.

It's very simple, and I'm very disgusted that so many don't seem to understand it. Either that or you exercise so much blind trust in power structures that have demonstrated nothing but willingness to accrue power unto themselves with no care to you or I or anyone else.

I do and i think a lot do. On ATS we have those who are not ever going to see the truth and openly admit on these forums. Their mission is greater to them than truth, freedom and justice for who? ALL DAMMIT!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Lol. Speaking of not comprehending, I literally just proved this paragraph wrong in my last post by showing that 9 out of 10 of the top gerrymandered states are gerrymandered in Republicans' favor.

Sure. The Dems are guilty in 1 state, Maryland, but the Republicans own gerrymandering front and center.

Krazy, you always act like you can't read or comprehend like you changing what i said to some apparently demented point in this post above. I thank you for helping me focus my points for those who actually can think clearly.

No I comprehend what you are doing. You are labeling anyone you disagree with as "freedom stealing" with literally zero reasoning and all hyperbole. It's a standard mud pit decisive partisan trash thread.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Elections have consequences. The Democrats didn't think of it when they passed Obamacare down everyone's throat. The redistricting that was done was a direct consequence of that. Republicans started beating Democrats all up and down ticket just before redistricting. The party in power redistricts and it wound up being Republicans because people were angry at Obamacare.

But it's not like Democrats haven't held similar levels of power and control in the past in this country. Things will change. They always do.

If the democrats aren't winning, it isn't because the districts shut them out. It's because they have no message that speaks to the majority of the people in those districts.
edit on 31-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join