It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Left and RINO's not interested in our freedoms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Why, I ask because I can't understand their logic. We have obvious attempts to thwart at least two of our Amendments. We have people with hate who get to say what they want and beat others up in public who disagree that is driving us to anarchy. The side doing the beatings more often has been actually fighting itself.

How many threads have been over the 1st two of them?

This is not really about that as those are symptoms of the condition.

So I ask to have this debate about why we should give up so much freedom to a bunch of clowns who lie to us like we are useless eaters?
edit on 31-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Why, I ask because I can't understand their logic. We have obvious attempts to thwart at least two of our Amendments ... So I ask to have this debate about why we should give up so much freedom to a bunch of clowns who lie to us like we are useless eaters?

To be fair - and I think this is an important point - both sides want to limit your freedoms.

Some of them a differs, yes, but the vast majority of freedoms that they want to limit they agree upon. Take a look at the insane amount of laws that has passed with bipartisan voting, most of which is limiting your freedoms rather than securing them.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Why, I ask because I can't understand their logic. We have obvious attempts to thwart at least two of our Amendments ... So I ask to have this debate about why we should give up so much freedom to a bunch of clowns who lie to us like we are useless eaters?

To be fair - and I think this is an important point - both sides want to limit your freedoms.

Some of them a differs, yes, but the vast majority of freedoms that they want to limit they agree upon. Take a look at the insane amount of laws that has passed with bipartisan voting, most of which is limiting your freedoms rather than securing them.

Agreed, i would add the RINO's are considered the other side you are suggesting. It is both sides when RINO's vote with the D's and play games like so many did on the last repeal vote.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Can you give a more specific case as to what freedom you are talking about?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Democrats and Republicans both want to limit freedoms.

The 'left' and other such groups want people to have more freedoms than are allowed by the political monstrosities sitting atop the pile.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
All government at every level is authoritarian.

Authoritarians, at best, tolerate individual freedoms.

It is absolutely ridiculous to assert that any "side" in the fallacious, nonsensical passion play provided by the various media and political parties "loves" freedom and al the others "hate" freedom.

What is pretty obvious is that some folks think mouthing mindless platitudes about "freedom" and "liberty" is the same as supporting them.

I have made it clear for my own part that I am set against authoritarian nut-jobs in any form, that my primary admiration is the American Constitution and the balanced system of controls and freedoms it implements.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Can you give a more specific case as to what freedom you are talking about?

Well considering the PC crowd are the ones shutting down free speech violently for one. You know where people just stating their grievance are being beaten for doing so in a fascist style beat down? Even those who have no hate or racism being called lovers of that for defending free speech that uses no violence.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

This is an excellent question.

I have seen both the Left and the Right try to limit our freedoms, but it does seem the Left is better at it than the Right. Politics is really not Left Vs Right, but Libertarian Vs Authiritarian.

Most of the assholes in D.C. are anti-liberty.

edit on 2017/8/31 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Democrats and Republicans both want to limit freedoms.

The 'left' and other such groups want people to have more freedoms than are allowed by the political monstrosities sitting atop the pile.

No, in fact the left does not want less gov, imo. That would be the Conservatives who are labeled 'right' which is ironic as often they are correct when it comes to having more freedoms. Do the leftist want gun control, control of unusual things like the water from your roof and the words your are allowed to say? Conservatives can fill in much more I am sure. If you can't see that there are serious control freak issues within the leadership of the 'left', then you are part of our problem.

edit on 31-8-2017 by Justoneman because: Grammar faux pas

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is an excellent question.

I have seen both the Left and the Right try to limit our freedoms, but it does seem the Left is better at it than the Right. Politics is really not Left Vs Right, but Libertarian Vs Authiritarian.

Most of the assholes in D.C. are anti-liberty.

Agreed, and that is why I blatantly picked the word "RINO's" for the title.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The Patriot act which led to all the spying on privacy was a Republican idea.

Religious conservatives often try and use their faith for controlling others freedom like with gay marriage etc..

This is why I don't believe in either party.

edit on 31-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

How are the left "thwarting at least two of our Admendments" when the left is the minority party?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

And what about conservatives who would like to regulate who can marry whom, or which bathroom a transgender person can use, or what a woman can do with her own body? I'd say those are some pretty big control freak issues.
edit on 31-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The left constantly tries to erode the 1st, 2nd, and 10th amendment.

The right constantly tries to erode the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The politicians on both sides, (all sides) are just a reflection of the people they represent.

Freedom is a concept that many people no longer want. It's a responsibility many no longer want to have.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The politicians on both sides, (all sides) are just a reflection of the people they represent.

Freedom is a concept that many people no longer want. It's a responsibility many no longer want to have.

I would agree but for the known cheating. It is very bad and if so bad, then you can't blame the voters. I think in R states they cheat for "Their R" and in the D states they cheat for "Their D" and the toss ups are 'katie bar the door" because anything goes in those states. IMO fraud elections where one side has total control is more likely than ever.

Sarc on/
At this point, I trust them to cheat.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The whole point of my thread thank you for your contribution.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The whole point of my thread thank you for your contribution.

Is it? When you say "the Left and RINO's" it comes off like you are blaming everyone BUT what you consider true Republicans and not both sides at all. Everyone knows that RINO is just a way to call a conservative/Republican you don't like a secret liberal.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
LOL.

Well, first we'd have to have a decent definition for all these terms bandied about ... but, just as a basic observation, it's absurd to say that "the left" one of the major proponents in American history of the First Amendment, is trying to erode it.

Opposing terrorists like the Nazis and White Supremacists invasion of small-town America isn't "eroding" any Amendment.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Republicans have really shown that they are all talk. I don't believe the democrats have ever been about more freedom.

Government is unfortunately, necessary. But large government is the antithesis of freedom, no matter what spin they (politicians) put on it.

The one true "tell" in all of this is that the government refuses to look at term limits for themselves and for SCOTUS. That should tell you how "honest" any of them are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join