It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bed rocks at night sometimes.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So I am not one to endorse any kind of paranormal activity, but this phenomenon is unexplainable in my mind and my girlfriends mind as well.
Okay, so we live on a ranch that has been in my family for over 150 years and on that ranch we live in a 500 square foot sold block building, it's a 2 story but the bottom isn't finished so the 500 square feet is the top. The walls are about a foot thick and the blocks are limestone, this place is as solid as a bomb shelter.

At night and only when either me or my girlfriend are in bed alone just about to fall asleep the bed starts rocking, almost like a small earthquake, maybe like a 2.0. It's just super weird. The bed frame was built by me to store stuff under the bed and I built it tough so it doesn't move at all.

I have a house like a brick shat house, on solid ground, on a super sturdy bed with no box spring under it. But my bed rocks, does this happen to anyone else? It's a little freaky. Could I be on a fault line? I am close to the San andres fault, or is it something ghostly?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sounds like you and your GF are having a good time.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

When I was a teen long ago this happened to me, I was really concerned about a year or so. I learned it was from the trains passing even though they were too far away to even hear, I can't remember how I figured this out to many years ago. Is there a train somewhere within 20 miles or so of you? The bedrock may shudder with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sounds like you and your GF are having a good time.

It happens to me and I don't even have a ladyfriend.

I just blame it on the shadow people that visit in the night

Gateways opening and closing..

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Don't come a'knockin' if the bed starts a'rockin'.....

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm a little unclear here are you bragging? All I say i's don't come a knockin if my bed is rockin.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Your close to San Andrés fault ? Well could be that....and you will only notice at night because you are in bed at night time. ...other wise, are you near a train, a water fall that releases water or a shore break are ?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If the beds a rocking.. don't come knocking..

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I used to have the same problem. I lived in california growing up. When i was 18 my bed started rocking like we were having an earthquake at night. I would wake up in the morning and tell my parents we had an earthquake, and they would look in the paper and say no.

Randomly i started looking up OBE's, out of body experiences. There were 1000's of people on internet forums, which led me here, saying that they could induce there own OBE's through mediation. When they did this a lot of the time they would get what they called "vibrations",

They start slow, and it feels like your slowly rocking back and forth. If you focus on this feeling and relax into it, it gets more intense. When you can put aside your fear and really relax into the vibrations you start to hear a high pitch noise in your ear, increase this sound and the vibrations to the point where it feels almost violent and you will literally feel your soul pop out of your body and see your sleeping body in your bed.

Look up astral projection and read as much as you can about it. I'm nearly 100% positive this is what is happening to you. There is nothing to be afraid of, it is your soul slowly loosening from being trapped inside your body. This happens every night you go to sleep, most of the time your unconscious of it though.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
No I am serious, no jokea reply to: dragonridr

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Does it happen every night or sporadically?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
No train within 45 miles and that's the dinky new California smart train. a reply to: Meldionne1

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
No only every once and a while like once a month. a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Sorry I had to laugh at Rickymouse best first comment.

Is there any underground facility anywhere near where you live, they tend to ignore the fact you own the land over them so it could be the case, any fracking in the area or any underground stream's as well near your location.

I would suggest move the bed to another room, have a priest or pastor or a small prayer group from the local church give your home a quick blessing and break bread in there to invite the holy spirit and god's angels' into it.

Other than that if it is not doing you any harm then I don't know but given that it has been in your family for the past century and a half it could also be a relative letting you know they are still around or there may be a secret that someone want's you to find out and is trying to tell you but best get that blessing just to be safe, if you are not married perhaps your ancestor does not approve those old timers could be pretty hard on the bible and there heart's were in the right place so they do not mean harm if that is it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That's really crazy! It's super weird too because It has never happened to me anywhere else.sometimes if Ia reply to: booyakasha

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Could be fault line slippage. If it was every night, or a weekly event, I'd say something strange was going on,but..
edit on 31-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It goes on for minutes at a time, earthquakes usually don't last that long do they?a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
It goes on for minutes at a time, earthquakes usually don't last that long do they?a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

No, typically they are only 10 to 30 seconds.
edit on 31-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sounds like another outbreak of the Symbionese closet monsters.

They go on a tear every few years until the MIBs get them settled down.

You'll be alright OP, they've only devoured something like 82 people in the last 300 years, so the odds are in your favor.

Sleep tight.

Buck
edit on 31-8-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

What'd you build the frame out of?

Seems like it may have something to do with that or your crafting of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join