It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPLC Warns of 'Turmoil and Bloodshed' With New Map Identifying Confederate Monuments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I had to copy and past your link to get to it, but it's all there, from years ago.

People had better wake up, these phoney baloney pretend non-profits are doing things NO non-profit should do.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: xuenchen

Here is some good information on the SPLC! Seems like any group that is anti American, Soros seems to always pop up?

The Soros-supported Southern Poverty Law Center

They have some dirty little secrets don't they.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is the problem with hate crimes, hate speech, hate groups, etc.

Once you get the people to think that 'hate' is a serious problem, you open the door for groups to create scapegoats and targets.

From where does the SPLC (or anyone else) draw any moral superiority to declare what is hate and what is not?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Hell, if you did a poll now, half of America would say that hate speech is illegal.

link   

So now the SPLC is the good guys? Damn I'm confused.

link   
Blackmail?
If this stays up there will be bloodshed?

I guess this means only Confederate statues and memorials will be subject to mob removal, not Union right?
Nobody is going to do tear down Gen. Sherman's statue in Ohio ?
He only burnt a couple cities to the ground, towns by the dozens.
A 50 mile wide swath of Georgia from the Atlanta to Savannah totally laid waste.
But his statue is ok?
If we allow Union statues to remain doesn't it make sense their Southern counterparts remain?
Or is only a certain SECTION of the United States allowed to retain heroes from the Civil War?

You do see the insanity of this proposition, right?

edit on 30-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Looks to me like they aren't warning about turmoil and bloodshed, but promoting it!

I mean if people in these locations aren't worried about their statues they certainly will be magnets for a SJW circus soon?

Yeah. And now the OP is promoting it further.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
This is the problem with hate crimes, hate speech, hate groups, etc.

Once you get the people to think that 'hate' is a serious problem, you open the door for groups to create scapegoats and targets.

From where does the SPLC (or anyone else) draw any moral superiority to declare what is hate and what is not?

"HATE" has now become in our society as the "Witch" of the 17th and 18th century........

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hmmm, they start the letter by saying ____ are causing violence in defense of something and end the letter by advocating for attacking the thing the other group wants to defend ??????????

This makes NO sense!

If that group wants to defend something, then by you attacking it, you are causing the violence your own self.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Yeah. And now the OP is promoting it further.

There is a world of difference between promoting evil and calling it out for the B.S. that it is. This is a big steaming pile of garbage dressed up as a tax exempt hero. Anybody who buys their crap is a fool, and a traitor, because the end result will be something none of us wants.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Southern Poverty Law Center
Yep , a bunch of starving lawyers until they turned political

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yes, none of us know what hate is. We've never seen it in our Trumpian Utopia.

What horsepucks.

Just ask that other "terrorist" organization for our resident right-wingers ...

Hate crimes are the highest priority of the FBI’s Civil Rights program, not only because of the devastating impact they have on families and communities, but also because groups that preach hatred and intolerance can plant the seed of terrorism here in our country. The Bureau investigates hundreds of these cases every year and works to detect and deter further incidents through law enforcement training, public outreach, and partnerships with a myriad of community groups.

Traditionally, FBI investigations of hate crimes were limited to crimes in which the perpetrators acted based on a bias against the victim’s race, color, religion, or national origin. In addition, investigations were restricted to those wherein the victim was engaged in a federally protected activity. With the passage of the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009, the Bureau became authorized to investigate these crimes without this prohibition. This landmark legislation also expanded the role of the FBI to allow for the investigation of hate crimes committed against those based on biases of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or gender.

FBI

So, for most of us living in reality, hate crimes are very well-defined by law and documented in the thousands each year.

Come on now, stand up and give us the "but it's the LAAWWW" cheer now!

I'd like to see anyone go through the SPLC's list and tell us which groups are not hate/terrorist groups in your vaunted opinons.

Is it the various Klan groups that shouldn't be on there?

The Black Separatists and Nationalists (oops, so much for the list being racially based or biased only against "conservatives").?

Neo-nazis? White Supremacists? Christian Identity? Skinheads? Those poor folks just trying to exercise their "free speech."

Come on, put some evidence with those vapid claims!

SPLC Hate Map

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

So they made a hit list.

*grabs a blank piece of paper and a pen...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Incredibly tiresome attempt at flipping this around back to white supremacists and nazis. Are you a programmed bot or just act like one?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Southern Poverty Law Center
Yep , a bunch of starving lawyers until they turned political

Lots of lawyers are starving. Why do you think they chase ambulances and take nuisance lawsuits?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Oh noes! We have a monument to Confederate dead on our little square. SPLC didn't do their job well enough, they left us out.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Fun times.

I wonder why there arent any Native American monuments targeted? Theres alot of Chickasaw and Choctaw in my state, both tribes openly fought for the confederacy, and openly had slaves and fought for the south for this(and other) reasons.

I dont think they should bother. I think the ones put up during the Civil Rights/Jim Crow era for the most part were intended to make a statement for segregation, are debatable.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The Southern Poverty Law Center should just classify itself as a hate group.

Absolutely no reason to do this other than to cause violence.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

The Southern Poverty Law Center should just classify itself as a hate group.

Absolutely no reason to do this other than to cause violence.

SPLC money laundering has been recently exposed too !!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It is speculated that General Sherman was a mason. I'm betting that is why he is left off the map. For futher evidence that the SPLC favors masons, I point to the omission of Brigadier General Albert Pike's statue on 3rd and D st in DC. While the statue is listed on the Wikipedia list of confederate statues (provided by the SPLC, of course), it is conspicuously absent from the map. The ONLY Confederate General with a statue in DC and they miss it on accident?

No brother shall purposely deprive another brother of his property or memory, me thinks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join