It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did someone try to ram into the Presidential Motorcade?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

But, they could have pulled in where they pulled out.

Could've. Then again, Springfield PD said the driver lost control after driving down an embankment after leaving the Bass Pro parking lot. I'm not sure how a diagram would be more specific than that statement.

Springfield Police confirm to KYTV-TV that the female driver lost control of her vehicle when she drove down an embankment from the local Bass Pro warehouse parking lot. The incident is blamed on the car's brakes going out.

Seems pretty explanatory to me

So, you're saying it's been established, from looking at the video, that "they" reacted to the sedan as they first saw it?

Yep. Then again I'm not beginning with the assumption that the vehicle was parked and waiting for them, like you are.

They weren't forewarned, no car stopped to block it before the president's car came by.

Again, I'm not operating under the assumption the car was parked and waiting like you seem to be. If the vehicle was coming across the grassy area (which is what SPD says it did) then the drivers reacted pretty much exactly how they're trained to. The Beast moved away from the threat and another vehicle moved to get between the threat and The Beast.

They did a terrible job of protecting the president's limo from a potential threat, in my opinion.

At this point it sorta sounds like you wish it had turned into some high drama and are just disappointed nobody lost their mind. In my opinion.

They're lucky that these people didn't have nefarious plans. They didn't seem to prepared for such an event at all!

The Secret Service knows, and accepts, the fact that they can't stop a person truly dedicated to killing the President. All they can do is make it as difficult as humanly possible to do it. I can assure you that of the many things the Presidential Detail may be, "unprepared" is categorically not one of them.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm going with coincidence.
People should really try logic just as a change of pace.

Coincidence that breaks just completely failed with no warning signs right as the president is going down a road.....

Logically that's an anomaly. Breaks very rarely just fail... It takes months of bad breaks before they will give signs they may fail soon (believe me, I know).

But thanks for your suggestion of logic for the rest of us dullards.

We all know you only use logic with everything and wouldnt dare allow emotion or biased have any part of your decision making.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Some more info -
The car was impounded to check the no breaks story. The vehicle brakes did in fact fail.
The person driving the car worked at the bass pro annex where the brakes failed.

Nothing sinister involved people.

It was in fact a complete coincidence that this occurred when and where it did. I say this in full agreement with Silly, whom we dont see eye to eye on anything.

a reply to: Shamrock6
sent you a pm.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

If that's the case, looking at the google map, that's pretty convoluted path she took, considering where she came out!

At this point it sorta sounds like you wish it had turned into some high drama and are just disappointed nobody lost their mind. In my opinion.

Nope. I wish that the SS was more on their game. Their reaction was a mess!

The Secret Service knows, and accepts, the fact that they can't stop a person truly dedicated to killing the President.

No excuses! An unnoticed sedan lurched out of the woods, seconds before the president's limo drove by.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
If that's the case, looking at the google map, that's pretty convoluted path she took, considering where she came out!

Not when your brakes fail. Her vehicle was checked. Her brakes did in fact fail. This is a fact.

The SS were on their game. Contrary to what you see on tv and in the movies the immediate priority is to get the President out of harms way. That is exactly what occurred. Remaining SS / LEO's engage the threat / secure the area / block resistance from advancing / etc etc etc. That is exactly what occurred.

Threats are analyzed and intelligence examined. Even with all of that some things are going to occur that arent planned for. They review what occurred and make changes if needed. In this case SS procedure worked.

No excuses! An unnoticed sedan lurched out of the woods, seconds before the president's limo drove by.

and didnt make it onto the road, the beast and accompanying vehicles reacted immediately by getting POTUS out and others dealt with what was going on.

There is no such thing as perfection, especially when humans are involved.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm sure she was the picture of calm and collected when she realized that she had no brakes.

Yep. They were. And it wasn't. Don't confuse your lack of knowledge on a subject with somebody else's performance in said subject.

Not an excuse, statement of fact. Now you're just going in circles with the whole "unnoticed" shtick. You have nothing to back up the claim that it was unnoticed, meanwhile I can point to multiple vehicles deviating from normal driving conditions to support the assertion that they not only noticed but reacted.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If she was coming from Pro Bass,

she would have to have taken one of these convoluted routes.

Because, she came out nose first, here;

In this case SS procedure worked.

No it didn't. They got lucky, there just wasn't any real threat, this time.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Again, no one finds it odd that she looks to be dressed in some type of protective clothing with gloves and a half face mask? There is no such thing as coincidence. No one lost control. The USSS just got lucky.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The brakes failed - fact.
The car was checked to verify they failed - fact.
The driver works at bass pro - fact.

It was a coincidence and nothing more.
To the untrained I can see how people "think" SS protocols didnt work. They did, in fact, work.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

she would have to have taken one of these convoluted routes.

Which, it appears to me, would line up with the angle the vehicle crests the embankment next to the road in this video. The vehicle is moving in such a way that appears to line up fairly well with your helpful blue line in the first picture.

No it didn't. They got lucky, there just wasn't any real threat, this time.

Repeating yourself doesn't make you any less wrong than you were all the other times. I'm sure you're an expert in Secret Service motorcade operations but in this instance, you're incorrect.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Maybe, but the secret service was surprised and taken off guard as a car came barreling through the trees toward the president's limo. They were lucky...........this time. There was no malicious intent, but there easily could have been.

Which, it appears to me, would line up with the angle the vehicle crests the embankment next to the road in this video. The vehicle is moving in such a way that appears to line up fairly well with your helpful blue line in the first picture.

Which is a crazy route to take if you're brakes are failing. Look at the Google satellite map! Going straight would have been a safer route for her to take, regardless of the motorcade.

Sorry, in my opinion, judging by the route she must have taken, failing brakes It's not a logical explanation for how she wound up where she did. Although, driving her care through all that mud could have wreaked her brakes, certainly. But, why did she choose such a wacky route to begin with?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Driver of car crashing near presidential motorcade is talking: "It was terrifying"

"it was terrifying," said Samantha Morris, the driver.

Samantha Morris, 17, and Nikia Hicks, 18 were in that car on their way to work when their brakes suddenly went out.

"I was pumping my brakes hard, they were smoking and i couldn't stop at all" said Morris.

That's when she swerved to avoid hitting a gaurd at the entrance of her work and ended up feet from a pond.

"i just thought we'd hit a fence," said Morris. "I thought there was a fence. We were crazy close to that pond. we could have drowned."

But instead they were surrounded by Secret Service agents, who they say combed their car for anything dangerous. They found no threat, confirmed their brakes went out and let them go. The Springfield police chief says there was no mal-intent.

"Just a untimely unfortunate coincidence," said Chief Williams.

and now the video-

But the YouTube video Hefner put up now has more than 800,000 views as of Thursday night. it's titled "vehicle attempts to ram presidential motorcade in Springfield, Mo."

"At the time i thought that was what happened. I've been asked to change it," said Hefner. "I'm not going to."

That could be because he's cashing in on it. The New York Post paid him $700 plus 70 percent of any future profits for the video.

"Sorry if you are mad that i'm making money off of it, but i have, so," said Hefner.

click link for article...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Coming out of the woods?

Her story seems like BS.

second view she clearly is coming to out the woods....really a brake problem coming out of the woods towards a presidential motorcade.. The lady driving is clearly a democrat from her Facebook.

My final thoughts on this.. She was trying to hit the motorcade. After she realized life isn't like GTA,her story changed. It's being suppressed because it would be all over the news and the President would gain a lot of support if it came out there was a assassination attempt.

Seriously check out the second angle. I call BS on the failed breaks story.

streamable.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Her car was impounded by SPD and her brakes were checked. They in fact failed.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Samantha Morris, 17, and Nikia Hicks, 18 were in that car on their way to work when their brakes suddenly went out.

"I was pumping my brakes hard, they were smoking and i couldn't stop at all" said Morris.

That's when she swerved to avoid hitting a gaurd at the entrance of her work and ended up feet from a pond.

This makes no sense at all. The highway that she ended up coming out on on was closed, because of the motorcade, so she couldn't have taken that entrance on her way to work. She had to have been coming from the other direction.

Look at the picture, look at where the "entrance to her work" is, where the guard was supposedly standing, and how far it is from the other side of the pond, where she ended up.

This story is getting fishier and fishier!

edit on 31-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2017 by windword because: www.google.com...@37.2401827,-93.2508497,17z

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

you ever had a break failure before? Modern cars cant be stopped by throwing on the emergeny break if the breaks fail. That leaves you two choices. either hit something to stop or ride it our till you accumulate enough friction to stop. the drainage ditch was perfect.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

you ever had a break failure before? Modern cars cant be stopped by throwing on the emergeny break if the breaks fail. That leaves you two choices. either hit something to stop or ride it our till you accumulate enough friction to stop. the drainage ditch was perfect.

Not to mention the embankment they had to crest to get to the ditch in the first place. Going uphill tends to have a way of decreasing one's speed.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It is a city street that is 4 lanes with a center turn lane. SPD had all cross intersections and access roads blocked. She entered in between 2 blocked roads.

There is nothing fishy about this. Secondly if it were an attempt she would be in jail and not giving media interviews.

Her brakes failed. she is a young driver and did what she thought was best given the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Woman describes being in car that nearly disrupted Trump's motorcade in Springfield

The Secret Service agents were very kind, said 18-year-old Nikia Hicks.

The car she was in had just hurtled out of the woods and nearly ended up in President Donald Trump's motorcade.

Hicks said she was terrified.

Trump was on his way to deliver a speech at a Springfield manufacturing plant, but Hicks said she thought the president was already giving his speech.

She and her friend were driving down East Turner Street on their way to work, Hicks said, when the brakes stopped working.

They pulled the emergency brake, Hicks said, and they saw some smoke, but the car wasn't stopping.

Total brake failure, including the emergency brake.

According to Hicks, they went through some grass to try and slow down, but that wasn't working either. After about 30 feet of driving through brush, Hicks said, the car popped out along Kearney Street — right about the time Trump was passing by.

click link for complete article.
edit on 1-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join