It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Step 1: Warn Iran, Step 2: Warn UN. Step 3: Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion, a war with iran would be silly at the minute.

First the need to take out the biggest terrorist camp on earth. Syria.

It arms, trains, and hides some of the most evil men on the face of the Earth, and this is at govermental level.
Saddam and his henchmen were bad, but syria, well at least Saddam only fought within his own borders.( Kuwait was illegaly annexed from iraqi land.)

Iran can wait a while until syria has fallen. That way, if they do push into Iran, a trecherous country like syria cannot attck from behind.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Most people accept the threat that Iran poses to the rest of the world, so war is probable. But when we have finished in Iran will we take the next step and take on N.Korea. EVERYBODY knows that the N.Koreans are pure evil, but their also insane and very patriotic. Quite a battle on our hands if we go there me thinks......

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Lets just hope the chinese keep their noses out if uS/UK have to go spank North Korea again.
My great Uncle was in Korea with the British Army, and he never forgave the Chinese for their inhumanity to their prisoners, whom were many races and colours.
He died a while back, but he said that the 3 biggest mistakes ever made by the western military were thus:

1) Not going all the way to Moscow in 1945. (2) Not going all the way to the Chinese border in korea (3) Not going all the way to hanoi in Vietnam and winning the war there. His message was this. start a war, and you got to go all the way, never leave it early or half done. A half done war is a war that has to be fought twice.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Its a fact. wars that are not finished are always fought again. Iraq has been and N.korea will be. If we had finished the job the first time our boys (US/UK) would not still be dyin in Iraq. the perfect example of how a war should be fought is the falkands war! Now that was finished properly.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There's no doubt about it, we are going to go to war with Iran sooner or later. Bush is just going to take longer so it won't be another fiasco like the Iraq war was. Iran IS a sponsor of terrorism and their ultimate goal is to destroy Israel. Therefore, if they had a few nukes, i believe they would try to destroy Israel. I think The USA and all our allies MUST diffuse this situation before it gets out of hand (if it isn't already). Hopefully we can use Israel and pressure them to run airstrikes on the known Iranian nuclear facilities. Without any nukes, Iran is nothing for the U.S. and her allies. We'll decimate them just like we decimated Saddam and his army. Funny how the only way to gain "peace in the middle east" is through war.

One question though: Does anyone have anything on the Iranian military? I'd love to compare them to Iraq, so that information would be great.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Not that i dont like people in the middle east, but the only recipe that would ever give true peace in the middle east is this...

Lots Of Big Fat Nukes + Lots Of Napalm + George W Bush

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's an article

Looks like they've been neglecting their conventional arms development. The Iraqi army outnumbered US forces by about 3 to 1, and their tank forces by 4 to 1. Iran will not have this clear of a paper advantage, but they do have many Soviet weapons. Dunno how good the technology is, though. That (technology), air superiority, and a great battle plan is how we were able to flatten major forces in Iraq so quickly. Plus, we conducted a fantastic psyOps campaign before the war destroying Iraqi fighting force morale.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Iran has said it has 20 million suicide bombers ready to die....well thats good, because bush has atomic field weapons capable of killing 20 + million people.... so line up for good old Dubya now all!!!

In all seriousness, Iran is a brutal theocracy that respects no one, ever.
Israel may be on the anhiliation list in Iran, but i'd bet my bottom dollar on a massive air strike on Iran by israel... and has any one thought of this....

With iraq in American hands, there would be no advance warning of an air assault... a low flying assault would be on them before they could be ready... Air strike made easy for israel as they could fly direct...cool!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow, that article makes it sound like Iran would be easier than Iraq. I was under the assumption that Iran would be tougher than Iraq, but i suppose i was wrong.

But where do you all think Russia comes into this? I mean Russia would have no problem secretly supplying weapons to Iran, obviously. If Russia gets involved militarily, it's a whole new ball game, perhaps ww3. I doubt that Russia would have the balls to go against the USA, but Putin has been straying more and more from "democracy" over the past year or so. Russian government has some control over the media and i think i remember reading that Putin is even putting up old statues of Stalin. Kind of weird...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
One question though: Does anyone have anything on the Iranian military? I'd love to compare them to Iraq, so that information would be great.

A 127 page report on the Iranian military at the link below

www.csis.org...

.....Nevertheless, Iran is still a significant conventional military power by Gulf
standards. It has some 540,000 men under arms, and over 350,000 reserves. These
include 120,000 Iranian Revolutionary Guards trained for land and naval asymmetric
warfare. Iran’s military also includes holdings of 1,613 main battle tanks, 1,500 other
armored fighting vehicles, 3,200 artillery weapons, 306 combat aircraft, 50 attack
helicopters, 3 submarines, 59 surface combatants, and 10 amphibious ships.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Wow, that article makes it sound like Iran would be easier than Iraq. I was under the assumption that Iran would be tougher than Iraq, but i suppose i was wrong.

I don't think you are wrong.
Read the report I linked to above.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The US has already been to war with Russia twice last century. If Russia got involved by backing Iran with their current technology and advisors, one of the two of us would probably be outta the UN. Since the middle east fascist countries seem to have Europe's backing, I suspect it would be us doing the walking and telling them to find another building.

I doubt it would escalate to WW3, as mutual destruction is assured. However, we would probably start to see many satelite wars taking place around the world where the US and Russia would be battling but not blatantly against one another. We'd fight on someone else's doorstep. It may sound cruel to drag someone else into our squabble, but they would suffer a lot worse if we fought on our own doorsteps.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Putin is one hard bastard die hard communist.

Do a google on him, and read about his special forces intelligence past. He is one mean bitch with the trousers to back up his mouth.

A man who is used to the world of "wet" missions and a devotee to the communist agenda. Just look at the Ukraine- Moscow orderd a hit on the Presidential candidate because he was pro western values...

Time to dig a bunker, leave your women and children in it, and come line up like the rest of us for the up and coming war, for if we go into Iran, Russia will be there. Afghanistan mk 2.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You all are a bunch of rightwing ignorant nutcases.

If you guys would remove the US flag from ur head you just might see a few hints leading to the truth of the matter.
But i have a sneaking suspicion that isnt going to happen in this lifetime!

I could argue that it truth of the matter is so blatent obvious, but im not gonna spend any more time trying to let the blind see.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

You all are a bunch of rightwing ignorant nutcases.

If you guys would remove the US flag from ur head you just might see a few hints leading to the truth of the matter.
But i have a sneaking suspicion that isnt going to happen in this lifetime!

I could argue that it truth of the matter is so blatent obvious, but im not gonna spend any more time trying to let the blind see.

Can you please elaborate?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

We'll decimate them just like we decimated Saddam and his army. Funny how the only way to gain "peace in the middle east" is through war.

Freaky how we can actually apply orwell's "War is Peace" slogan to our present day geopolitical situation. That is the kinda mentallity that will allow the Neo-cons to justify their war-mongering. Didnt Augustus advocate the same kind of 'peace through war' thing to help expand his empire?

God help us all!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It seems some people just love chucking the crap to the fan and standing back to watch the results. You are doing Bush proud.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by paranoia]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This may sound completely stupid but, where is Syria?
I mean is it in Africa, Europe or The Middle east?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
This may sound completely stupid but, where is Syria?
I mean is it in Africa, Europe or The Middle east?

Right next to Iraq in the Middle East, on it's western border.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
The other option:

Step 1: Warn Iran

Step 2: UN warns Iran

Step 3: UN warns Iran

Step 4: UN warns Iran

Step 5: UN warns Iran

Step 6: Iran nukes Israel

Step 7: UN warns Iran

Step 8: US takes out Iran