It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Approval Rating of Congress Now at a Record Low 16 Percent.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: carewemust

Can they have negative numbers? 16 percent is waaaay to much.

I don't know about a "negative" number, but the one thing I do know is that THIS PRESIDENT WILL CALL THEM OUT....one-by-one, if necessary, if they oppose the middle-class tax cut. President Trump has already proven that he will do that. He's definitely a President "of and for the people".

We really shouldn't be cutting taxes with the debt skyrocketing like it is doing and employment at near full. We should be raising them instead. Otherwise we'll create an economic bubble and repeat 2008.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Cutting taxes?

To the working classes maybe, and dropping them a bit for the middle, but the top need to pay back what they have gained from the system, very often using unfair advantage of birth to gain it! The total revenue needs to increase!

I seem to remember Republicans being very upset that more was not being done to pay down the debts of the United States (even though the entire currency of the United States relies on debt, even though it would not exist at all unless a debt had been raised, which makes the idea of paying down this deficit ridiculous).

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't know about a "negative" number, but the one thing I do know is that THIS PRESIDENT WILL CALL THEM OUT....one-by-one, if necessary, if they oppose the middle-class tax cut. President Trump has already proven that he will do that. He's definitely a President "of and for the people".

We really shouldn't be cutting taxes with the debt skyrocketing like it is doing and employment at near full. We should be raising them instead. Otherwise we'll create an economic bubble and repeat 2008.

Cutting taxes leads to the got collecting more revenue. Has happened every time they have done it. Every tax cut has increased federal revenue. I think it makes it easier to just pay taxes then find deductions. Also the economy grows as well increasing the tax base.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm not even sure we should cut taxes there. We are going to pay something like trillions of dollars to help Houston (as we should no arguments there), but that money has to come from somewhere. You can't just reduce tax income then massively hike up expenditures and pray the math works out. It just doesn't.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Cutting taxes leads to the got collecting more revenue. Has happened every time they have done it. Every tax cut has increased federal revenue. I think it makes it easier to just pay taxes then find deductions. Also the economy grows as well increasing the tax base.

www.google.com...

That is the worst Forbes article I've ever read. Where does it establish the correlation for the graph it is displaying? It doesn't. They just put the data onto the graph, chart the line then say they are correlated (like where does the article author account for inflation?). I actually feel dumber from having read that article. Some of the worst use of statistical regression modeling I've ever seen. Then the article also has the gall to explain to you what "correlation" means like they are talking to idiots already. Wow.

Here's a better source that shows that both Reagan and W. Bush grew the debt as a percent more than Obama. Oh and don't bother with the fake news claim. The source is Mises.org. A Libertarian source.
Federal Spending Grew More Under Bush and Reagan than Under Obama
edit on 31-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join