It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Approval Rating of Congress Now at a Record Low 16 Percent.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
August 30, 2017

President Trump's 38% job approval makes him look like a truly great President, when compared to these misfits..

Gallup finds that 79 percent disapprove of the job Congress is doing, while only 16 percent approve.  

The reason? In a word, partisanship. That's why Congress needs to replace its current leaders — Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell — with leaders who have a history of bipartisan success.

As the Lugar Center points out, Congress’s partisan behavior has made Americans suffer. It has impaired our political process, subordinated good governance to politics, and intensified divisiveness in American society. The interests of ordinary Americans have been sacrificed to politicians’ fixation on keeping campaign promises and maintaining or winning control of Congress. 

Source: origin-nyi.thehill.com...

Since most people declare, "All the polls wrong!", when the President is given an extremely low job approval rating, do we feel the same way about the Congressional job approval number?

I wonder which Congressmen have the lowest approval...Republicans or Democrats? Since the "average" is 16% approval, one party has to be even lower.

Personally, I give the Republican House 20% approval, and the Republican Senate 5% approval. (Senate approval would be 0% if they had not approved Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court.)

These "so-called" leaders only work in D.C. 138 days a year for their $192,000 base salary. The rest of the year, they're on vacation, recess, breaks, retreats, etc.. Americans need to demand longer Congressional Sessions. If they could work just HALF THE YEAR (185 days), that would be an improvement!

-CareWeMust
edit on 8/30/2017 by carewemust because: slight wording adjustment

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

President Trump's 38% job approval makes him look like a truly great President, when compared to these misfits.

Nice try but everyone already knew Congress was useless. So there is nothing that will make a pathetic president like Trump look great.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah and Hillary had a 98% chance to win the Presidency.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Can they have negative numbers? 16 percent is waaaay to much.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

President Trump's 38% job approval makes him look like a truly great President, when compared to these misfits.

Nice try but everyone already knew Congress was useless. So there is nothing that will make a pathetic president like Trump look great.

How could a President be "great", without a supportive Congress?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Yeah and Hillary had a 98% chance to win the Presidency.

Then all polls are way off the mark, in your opinion. Got it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Can they have negative numbers? 16 percent is waaaay to much.

I don't know about a "negative" number, but the one thing I do know is that THIS PRESIDENT WILL CALL THEM OUT....one-by-one, if necessary, if they oppose the middle-class tax cut. President Trump has already proven that he will do that. He's definitely a President "of and for the people".

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Trump is obsessed with his poll numbers and it's eating him alive.

That's why he is still campaigning even on the site of a terrible tragedy.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 30-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
These lazy bums take a WHOLE month of August off for vacation and they are paid hundreds of thousands a year and they come up with no useful bills. Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'd still rather them work less.

Less of a chance for them to continue to violate their oaths, the Constitution, and get away with it repeatedly.

I'm all for them only working a month a year.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

He did it to Jeff Flake. Look what happend! Kelli Ward is now ahead by double digits.

Congressmen/women need to get with the program. Donald Trump was elected to fulfill his MAGA policies, and those that obstruct and fail to work with each other to accomplish good things for The American People are going to be booted out of office.

Americans are behind this president regardless of what the polls are saying. We all know it and Congress better wise up, especially the never Trumper Republicans. The Dem-wits don't care about Americans' prosperity....they care about Party only and personal power and prosperity. They suck every which way.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Let's think about this. 38% for a Rep. prez.. That's crappy. 16% for a Rep. congress. Even crappier. And you're trying to spin this into something positive?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

And if you believe polls, the Democratic Party's approval rating was 38% in June. I'll bet it's much much lower than that now after all the left wing violence.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Let's think about this. 38% for a Rep. prez.. That's crappy. 16% for a Rep. congress. Even crappier. And you're trying to spin this into something positive?

as long as Hillary Clinton is not in the oval office, it's a positive.

Trump thought running a country was like running a corporation, and the Republican congress thought everyone one was on the same page...
they were all wrong, bigly.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
These lazy bums take a WHOLE month of August off for vacation and they are paid hundreds of thousands a year and they come up with no useful bills. Ridiculous.

My sentiments exactly. It's important to at the very least, vote for the Congressmen in 2018 that are endorsed by President Trump, assuming you support his agenda, of course.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Excellent post! The corporate/middle-class TAX CUTS are something that every working person supports. Hillary was going to RAISE everyone's taxes by $4,000 (give or take) a year. Federal Tax Cuts will help every American citizen in one way or the other.

Yeah..I heard on Rush Limbaugh today about how Republican Senator Jeff Flake (Arizona) put out a "hit piece" editorial against President Trump. Trump in turn went to Arizona and advised everyone to vote for Kelli Ward, 2 weeks ago. Jeff is now DONE. He should begin getting his resume ready.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

And if you believe polls, the Democratic Party's approval rating was 38% in June. I'll bet it's much much lower than that now after all the left wing violence.

Are the Liberal MSM labeling ANTIFA as "Left wing" yet? On TV, I hear them speak negatively about the group, but never talk about their political leanings. Average Americans probably have no clue..

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: queenofswords

Are the Liberal MSM labeling ANTIFA as "Left wing" yet? On TV, I hear them speak negatively about the group, but never talk about their political leanings. Average Americans probably have no clue..

Those that deal in logic and facts wouldn't care. Those mired in partisan politics would.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

as long as Hillary Clinton is not in the oval office, it's a positive.

I hear ya! Remember how candidate Hillary was afraid to go help the citizens of Louisiana after the horrific flooding there last Summer? Candidate Trump donated $100,000, a tractor-trailer of food, and helped pass out supplies!

One can only imagine how a President Hillary would react to the massive damage in S.E. Texas.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

YO..Intrepid. You didn't read the source article. There's NOTHING POSITIVE about the state of our elected Congress. You can't "spin" that into a positive. No way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join