It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thelema is based on The Law of Christ (Treat others as you would like to be treated), not the devil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Really, the occult in general isn't particularly far removed from Christianity. I'd say that derives more from the cultural combat between the Christian establishment and.. pretty much everyone else.

Crowley is an "unique" one, but I tend to prefer some of his contemporaries. The drama.. err.. history there between all these groups is some pretty interesting stuff.

Personally, I feel Crowley and his influences tarnished the whole arena and that's putting it nicely. I suspect the popularity is driven frequently by an adolescent-type need to rebel, even when it is detrimental or conversely, exactly the same stuff under a different "hip and cool" label.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

Of course it says everything in the title of this thread - was waiting for it and last paragraph shows your work.

Your work has been graded and I give you a big fat red F.

You are way off the mark so no reason to discuss.

I just warn others about occultist like you.

Let those who are enlightened understand.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Jesus said that He came to fulfil the Law, not to abolish it.

His message was not one of the 'freedom' of anarchy.

It was about what is good, right and self controlled.

Augustine's law of Christ places love first and it becomes the overriding principal, rather than 'doing what you will'.

edit on 31/8/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: ClovenSky

So your opinion of what jesus taught is almost completely backwards compared to the way in which the bible portrays them. I like your version a lot better as they appear to want freedom instead of unthinking slaves.

Well who doesnt want freedom, freedom to opress makes the individual wealthy.

No self sacrifice as Jesus taught needed, no caring, no moral obligation. Thats what we are living in right now, whats the issue then???

Who said anything about oppression? Only when everyone has individual freedom and free determination are we without restraints. When people adhere to this philosophy they realize that means they can not encroach on another person's free will as well. It is a self fulfilling structure.

Freedom leads to freedom. Oppression leads to oppression.

Religion does not directly equal moral values. Being religious does not guarantee morality will form in the individual. In fact, if you look at the lessons from the ot/nt, they may even impair a person's ability to develop righteous morals.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So your opinion of what jesus taught is almost completely backwards compared to the way in which the bible portrays them. I like your version a lot better as they appear to want freedom instead of unthinking slaves.

Well who doesnt want freedom, freedom to opress makes the individual wealthy.

No self sacrifice as Jesus taught needed, no caring, no moral obligation. Thats what we are living in right now, whats the issue then???

Who said anything about oppression? Only when everyone has individual freedom and free determination are we without restraints. When people adhere to this philosophy they realize that means they can not encroach on another person's free will as well. It is a self fulfilling structure.

Freedom leads to freedom. Oppression leads to oppression.

Religion does not directly equal moral values. Being religious does not guarantee morality will form in the individual. In fact, if you look at the lessons from the ot/nt, they may even impair a person's ability to develop righteous morals.

Yeah but
We are all adults
We know what a fairy tale as opposed to reality is
Jesus was wise enough to know and teach only to those committed, not to those who are not
Your ideology is flawed based of its pie in the sky mentality. People are evil.

And sadly yes, dumb and lazy people read the bible and then try to apply it in ignorance, often confusing the OT and NT, I have and probably still do.

Some people's freedom leads to others oppression, take refugees from the Middle East into Western society. Your belief is not reality, it's silly, childish

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thelma would be inspired by myths and cults previous to Christ. Interesting correlation nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join