It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Mysterious Jets Over Philly Were Actually Saudi Arabian Aircraft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Wrong. Our troops routinely work on US soil for disaster relief. They can't be used for police activities, there's a huge difference. The US Navy was one of the first into Houston with helicopters pulling people out, and two amphibious ships are heading to the Gulf of Mexico to provide living quarters and staging areas for people in the area. A few units have rotated out, but more are in there. The Guard is the primary military agency used for these missions, but active duty units are frequently called to assist.

Vet here, and wife of a career soldier - I know the rules. This wasn't disaster training, but something quite different. Disaster aid is normal, I know. This was NOT.

Zaphod is correct. There was a small number of Chinese and Russian troops on US soil. The Russians sent airborne troops for joint anti-terrorism training in Colorado. As part of the exchange US soldiers were scheduled to train in Russia as part of the agreement. The Chinese sent troops to Hawaii to take part in a disaster relief exercise. Chinese troops were also in the mainland US for disaster relief training. The FEMA/disaster relief joint training thing was completely blown out of all proportion by die-hard conspiracy theorists. The madness even extended to British Army Gurkha soldiers in the US and Canada being identified as "Chinese troops".

www.thenewstribune.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.digitaljournal.com...

www.china.org.cn...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Oh, well if you're a vet that means you know everything going on with regards to military operations and training. So sorry for having the nerve to disagree then.

Really? That;'s your response? Someone points out that they are familiar with the rules regarding such things, so you get all snarky?

I know that the training he and others experienced was irregular, and not the usual sort of thing. Lots of people commented on it, that were involved.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Wrong. Our troops routinely work on US soil for disaster relief. They can't be used for police activities, there's a huge difference. The US Navy was one of the first into Houston with helicopters pulling people out, and two amphibious ships are heading to the Gulf of Mexico to provide living quarters and staging areas for people in the area. A few units have rotated out, but more are in there. The Guard is the primary military agency used for these missions, but active duty units are frequently called to assist.

Vet here, and wife of a career soldier - I know the rules. This wasn't disaster training, but something quite different. Disaster aid is normal, I know. This was NOT.

Zaphod is correct. There was a small number of Chinese and Russian troops on US soil. The Russians sent airborne troops for joint anti-terrorism training in Colorado. As part of the exchange US soldiers were scheduled to train in Russia as part of the agreement. The Chinese sent troops to Hawaii to take part in a disaster relief exercise. Chinese troops were also in the mainland US for disaster relief training. The FEMA/disaster relief joint training thing was completely blown out of all proportion by die-hard conspiracy theorists. The madness even extended to British Army Gurkha soldiers in the US and Canada being identified as "Chinese troops".

www.thenewstribune.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.digitaljournal.com...

www.china.org.cn...

This wasn't in either of those places, and was not a "small number" of troops, nor was it just troops from those two countries. The hubby can't recall what others were there, but the exercise was odd. This, from a man who has worked, ore than once, with people from other nations, for deployments and otherwise, and knows how things of that nature are done. This was something else. That sort of exercise is normal, and no one would have batted an eyelash at that. This was not that, and as far as we could find, never made the papers, either.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — We’re learning more about the five planes flying in formation Monday night over the Philadelphia and South Jersey area.

A spokesperson for the FAA told KYW Newsradio on Monday that the group of jets flying in formation was a “military operation.”

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

^Complete story there^^

Also more info here
levittownnow.com...

I didn't know where to post this, so move if appropriate.

This is a thing?
I get training excersise, but were this kinda cool with Saudi Arabia?

Strange days.

There were just testing their new toys, you know the ones they just bought from the U.S, not a threat they were just showing off.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This wasn't in either of those places, and was not a "small number" of troops, nor was it just troops from those two countries. The hubby can't recall what others were there, but the exercise was odd. This, from a man who has worked, ore than once, with people from other nations, for deployments and otherwise, and knows how things of that nature are done. This was something else. That sort of exercise is normal, and no one would have batted an eyelash at that. This was not that, and as far as we could find, never made the papers, either.

Well where were you stationed? What date(s)?

You wrote

I know, because the hubby was military, and involved at one point, and a lot of troops going to and from came through where we were stationed. This wasn't normal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It all sounds very, very vague.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Well where were you stationed? What date(s)?

You wrote

I know, because the hubby was military, and involved at one point, and a lot of troops going to and from came through where we were stationed. This wasn't normal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It all sounds very, very vague.

Oh, it seemed "vague" to those involved, too! Never heard any exercise discussed in that fashion. Midwest, and for date, uh.....sometime after 2010? Will have to check with the hubby for a more accurate date. I think the exercise, or whatever it was, was in Missouri, though it involved troops from other places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join