It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Mysterious Jets Over Philly Were Actually Saudi Arabian Aircraft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It makes incredible sense. Many pilots have survived combat because of Red Flag.

Yes, foreign military in the US, they're preparing to take over or something. I've heard that just about every time someone learns that we train our allies in the US.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
whatever they're actually up to will not be what we are told. i have a complete distrust of authority and it's machinations, explanations and justifications. they lie by default as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Blueistan and Redacan don't like each other much, and escalate things into a shooting war. Like most exercises, two fictional countries start out with tensions high between them, and things escalate until there is an "incident" and war kicks off. It's air to air and surface to air heavy, including the use of transports, C4, and ISR.

The scenario changes somewhat depending on the players, but it's always something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nothing that simplistic. Nor especially hidden. Not the official party line though I admit.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

You can actually go to Nevada and watch Red Flag going on. You can sit and watch the launch and recovery, go out to a couple of peaks and watch them run through the valleys at low level, and the air to air stuff overhead. The Saudi aircraft were all tracked going to Nellis, and many people photographed them on Red Flag missions.
edit on 8/30/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
These are our allies?

I feel so much better now.

Im sure they have our best at heart.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

These are our allies?

Have been for decades. I think it's because it's a freedom loving country, and they used to head the UN human rights committee.

They sound great.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You don't have to like your allies, just be willing to work with them.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This is a thing? I get training excersise, but were this kinda cool with Saudi Arabia?

Yes. America and Saudi are very closely tight-knit. Haven't you been informed of the famine, disease, death, havoc and destruction being wreaked upon Yemen these last few years caused by the US-Saudi lead war...? Or does US media just not cover the horror its government funds and supports ...?

US made Saudi jets like the ones flying today over "the City of Brotherly Love" —using US made bombs— killed her entire family five days ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Nothing that simplistic. Nor especially hidden. Not the official party line though I admit.
Well, you knw what they say, GUT, "Just because you're paranoid..."

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

...and sell them billions of dollars worth of arms along with helping them carve up real-estate in the Mid-East for each owns self-interest. They do have a lot of oil as well which is a commodity that US imperialism greatly needs to fuel itself...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I don't like the fact we work with them.

What good is boasting a free country if we help others to oppress.

Guilty by association.
edit on 30-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm not a big fan of it either, but it's not up to us.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm not a big fan of it either, but it's not up to us.

You're right on that. I just pray I live to see the day where our oil dependence is gone. Then maybe we'll choose not to support oppressive regimes.

But we probably will just for military dominance.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Very odd, I think. Will ask the hubby when he gets home if this seems normal to him (prior military), and see what he says.

I know we have had troops from places like Russia and China training here - previous administration - so this is less worrisome to me than that!

Will add any update on asking as soon as I can.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've been to red flag, as a crew chief and as a flight engineer.

Also did an international exercise at cold Lake Canada.

It's fairly normal and routine thing, hardest thing is remembering is when off duty just cause were allies doesn't mean we can trust them to not try and gather Intel on our equipment.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

We have aircraft from the Middle East pretty much every year about this time. And foreign troops here has been going on a lot longer than the previous administration. The Germans, Singapore, the Dutch, Indonesia, Taiwan all have a permanent presence in the US and have for decades.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Hell, one early exercise with the F-22, it was reported that French Rafales were flying around the edges of the range gathering what signals they could.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

At cold Lake we laughed at the Israeli "refueled" that had more antenna than the awacs.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The fourth Red Flag every year is traditionally heavy with foreign aircraft from the Middle East and Asia . Last year they had Israel, Pakistan, and the UAE. This year they had Saudi Arabia, Singapore brought their F-15SGs from Idaho, and F-16Cs from Arizona, along with various US units, helicopters from England, and a NATO AWACS.

The first one each year tends to see the UK and Australia send units.

Translation:

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join