It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer SLAMS President Trump : “It’s Racist To Only Allow Citizens To Vote”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You're delusional :

Violations of Section 8 of the National Voter Registration Act, 52 U.S.C. § 20507

So is the complaint here about people on the voter rolls? Or people who actually VOTED illegally?

Big difference, and two different problems. Did you read it?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

So to buy this we have to believe the democrats were stupid enough to cheat in the state they were ALWAYS gonna win and by a margins that they COULD NOT get away with....

Some one smart and influential enough to rig a US election doesn't make such large fundamental mistakes..

They were stupid enough to rig the only election they were certain to win : the DNC primaries.
So making assumption they did no wrong because they are not dumb enough to, is definitly being over-optimistic about the DNC.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Doesn't make the article or the claim it makes any less laughable...

You can sue for literally anything, you have zero point unless they actually win later...

Who tries to rig a state they are gonna already win by a mile???

Or better yet, who would ever believe something like that in the first place????
edit on 31-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Based on our review of 2016 EAC EAVS report, the 2011-2015 U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, and the most recent California total active and total inactive voter registration records, California is failing to comply with the voter registration list maintenance requirements of Section 8 of the NVRA. For example, a comparison of the 2011-2015 U.S.
Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, and the most recent California active and inactive voter registration records shows there were more total registered voters than there were adults over the age of 18 living in each of the following eleven (11) counties: Imperial (102%), Lassen (102%), Los Angeles (112%), Monterey (104%), San Diego (138%), San Francisco (114%), San Mateo (111%), Santa Cruz (109%), Solano (111%), Stanislaus (102%), and Yolo (110%). Our own research shows that the situation in these counties is, if anything, worse than the foregoing data suggest. For example, we contacted Los Angeles County directly this past June. At that time, county officials informed us that the total number of registered voters now stands at a number that is a whopping 144% of the total number of resident citizens of voting age.
In our experience, these kinds of registration rates indicate a failure to comply with the voter list maintenance requirements of the NVRA. The failure to maintain accurate, up-to-date voter registration lists creates the risk that the 2018 federal elections will lack the integrity required by federal law and by the expectations of California citizens, and will therefore undermine public confidence in the electoral process.

"undermine public confidence in the electoral process" ...
How many did I hear that statement from anti-Russia propaganda ? How cynical.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
By the way, that complaint letter from judicial watch is a joke. If you review the voter registration rolls in just about any sizable county in the country, you will find people still on the list who shouldn't be, sometimes because they moved recently and the property transfer process is hanging in limbo, partly because someone recently died, etc. etc.

This is the result of the struggle of keeping various government agencies on the same pages while processing hundreds of millions of records. It is only a problem if those people actually VOTE.

And it has NOTHING to do with illegals voting. Another red herring courtesy of Judicial watch for people who don't know any better.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Based on our review of 2016 EAC EAVS report, the 2011-2015 U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, and the most recent California total active and total inactive voter registration records, California is failing to comply with the voter registration list maintenance requirements of Section 8 of the NVRA. For example, a comparison of the 2011-2015 U.S.
Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, and the most recent California active and inactive voter registration records shows there were more total registered voters than there were adults over the age of 18 living in each of the following eleven (11) counties: Imperial (102%), Lassen (102%), Los Angeles (112%), Monterey (104%), San Diego (138%), San Francisco (114%), San Mateo (111%), Santa Cruz (109%), Solano (111%), Stanislaus (102%), and Yolo (110%). Our own research shows that the situation in these counties is, if anything, worse than the foregoing data suggest. For example, we contacted Los Angeles County directly this past June. At that time, county officials informed us that the total number of registered voters now stands at a number that is a whopping 144% of the total number of resident citizens of voting age.
In our experience, these kinds of registration rates indicate a failure to comply with the voter list maintenance requirements of the NVRA. The failure to maintain accurate, up-to-date voter registration lists creates the risk that the 2018 federal elections will lack the integrity required by federal law and by the expectations of California citizens, and will therefore undermine public confidence in the electoral process.

"undermine public confidence in the electoral process" ...
How many did I hear that statement from anti-Russia propaganda ? How cynical.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the "goalpost shift." Watch in amazement.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Who tries to rig a state they are gonna already win by a mile???

As I said :
They were stupid enough to rig the only election they were certain to win : the DNC primaries.
So making assumption they did no wrong because they are not dumb enough to, is definitly being over-optimistic about the DNC.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What?!?!

Do you really think that first point works? Lol

Man that's just funny....

I'm assuming you don't risk your career and political parties future with out a benefit....

That's just common sense..

If you have the ability to rig an election. You employ that in an area where it matters...

If the dems said the GOP was stealing votes in Mississippi it would be just as stupid of a conspiracy theory.....

Before you believe any conspiracy theories, you should do like I do...

Ask yourself:

"can my dumb community college educated @$$ think up a cheaper, easier and less risky way to pull achieve the same goal???"

If you can, then how come their rooms full of Ivy League educated think tanks could have to.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Do you reckon the judicial action is real or do you consider it as fake news ?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Honestly everyone should be using an ID to vote. The left want their sanctuary cities, harboring illegals. I want ID's shown at the polls so those illegals they're harboring aren't showing up to vote.

i don't disagree on principle, but ID laws disproportionately affect poorer people, and places an undue burden on them to exercise their right to vote. if IDs were easily accessible it would be one thing, but someone with no driver's license has to make a special trip to the one place in their county that does IDs just to get that legitimate identification.

this is a way of using a legitimate-sounding reason to disenfranchise people, and it does disproportionately affect minorities.

Well poor people typically apply for foodstamps, welfare, and apply for unemployment which all requires an ID. Yet it's only inconvenient when they want to vote...OK! Any more lame excuses?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I don't get it either. So many average day things require you to have an ID in the U.S. Driving a car, getting a job, applying for credit, opening a bank account. I mean I could go on all day. Yet it's disenfranchising minority voters to require an ID to vote, but not white voters? Hell that sounds more racist than requiring an ID. Last I checked the BMV didn't have a sign out that said only white people get their ID's for free.

people with no means of transportation or who are working more than one job have a tough time finding the time and means to go get the ID in the first place. it's an onerous burden.

If they are working that means they have already shown an ID just to gain employment. Oh and before they can get their transportation, they would also have to go get an ID first. Craziness right?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: icanteven

How do you explain 11 counties in CA had more voters than citizens of age?

I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure the solution to finding out doesn't involve publishing everyone's last-four-digits of their social security numbers along with birthdates and address information, in a central, publically-available repository.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
No where does schumer make that statement that your source and you are attributing to him in quotation marks.
Blatant dishonesty, but hey, every Shepard has their flock. It's threads like these that shows just how far ats has fallen.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You mean the judicial action any random citizen can start after paying the filing fee???

That one???

edit on 31-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I think it's interesting that some here believe he wouldn't say this, pretending like he's rational or something. Maybe he didn't say it exactly like this, but its still the same crap we've heard from the left time and time again.

Can you show me one actual quote from any Democratic Congress Critter that says illegal aliens should be allowed to vote? I mean, if this is "still the same crap we've heard from the left time and time again," you should have no trouble producing this. Right?

How about a President?

More fake news, eh? Did you actually listen to what he said.

He clearly says, "When you vote, you are a citizen yourself."

He isn't talking about illegals voting.

Dear God you are hopeless.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I doesn't matter which one BECAUSE it was in a state the dems were already going to win....

That's like an NBA player cheating in a game vs a toddler...

Why would he? he is already gong to win....

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Lol...

He is the one who is hopeless, while you are simotaniously pushing 2 stories so fake a toddler could recognize them as propaganda...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I think it's interesting that some here believe he wouldn't say this, pretending like he's rational or something. Maybe he didn't say it exactly like this, but its still the same crap we've heard from the left time and time again.

Can you show me one actual quote from any Democratic Congress Critter that says illegal aliens should be allowed to vote? I mean, if this is "still the same crap we've heard from the left time and time again," you should have no trouble producing this. Right?

How about a President?

More fake news, eh? Did you actually listen to what he said.

He clearly says, "When you vote, you are a citizen yourself."

He isn't talking about illegals voting.

Dear God you are hopeless.

You're argumentative skills could use some improvement. So far, all you've done is post a video clip that DOESN'T show what you claim it showed. I pointed this out, and your response is that I'm hopeless.

Again, please show me a quote of Obama (or any politician in the federal government) saying that illegals ought to be allowed to vote.

So far, you've pretty much proven yourself to be a purveyor of fake news.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I guess it IS real and those saying otherwise have dishonorably lied to hide their inability to research or attempt to suppress the facts.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

He is speaking of VOTER ID laws mostly however ,that the Dems want GONE to achieve a higher Mexican /alien,vote illegally as they ALWAYS have until caught and always will.
edit on 31-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: icanteven

How do you explain 11 counties in CA had more voters than citizens of age?

I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure the solution to finding out doesn't involve publishing everyone's last-four-digits of their social security numbers along with birthdates and address information, in a central, publically-available repository.

I know how. I live in CA and while voting last November at my polling place a guy walked in. He wasn't sure where he was to vote, but this is where he did it last time he voted. Was that a few months or years ago? Of course they didn't ask.
They didn't ask for ID, his name, his address, if he even still lived in the county or if he was even registered to vote. They handed him a ballet and told him to fill it out and drop in in the bag. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And as I was walking about I heard another person with the same story and they let him vote also. Its ridiculousness!

I think US Citizens should have a different ID/Drivers License. You should have to show proof of citizenship (birthcertificate) to get either. You should have to show your ID/Drivers License to vote. If you are not a citizen you don't get to vote. I can't go to other countries and vote. I think babies born in the US to to illegal aliens, NON citizens, refuges, etc. shouldn't be considered legal citizens. Your birth parents aren't legal citizens hence you aren't . No more anchor babies. No more social security benefits to people who aren't legal citizens who haven't worked a day in the US. I don't think these things are racists, they are common sense. Other countries don't do these things so why should we?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join