It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer SLAMS President Trump : “It’s Racist To Only Allow Citizens To Vote”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
sure I probably will, but then again the real question is how credible is ats if the mods allow fake news to be posted and remain?

what was that old saying, don`t hate the player hate the game. if ats is going to allow itself to be the internet version of the national enquirer then don't hate the people who comment on the stories hate the people who allow the stories to be published and disseminated. I`m not a debunker, I`m too busy for that that I just read the quotes and make comments. Don`t blame me if the publisher is allowing fake quotes to be published and disseminated. it`s their job to weed out the garbage I already have a real job,and I`m not interested in volunteer work, but if you want to to do the mod`s job for them keep up the good work.

This would be a fascinating case study in what is wrong with current information distribution and consumption.

The important point to be made is not what Above Top Secret, other posters, or its MODS distribute. It's about how you consume that information. In essence, you readily admitted that you couldn't care less about what's true or not. After all, it's not really your responsibility to determine such.

At the very least I applaud your honesty.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm not seeing any new op-eds published by Mr. Schumer today ... anyone else able to verify the claims in the OP's , er, source?

lol.... I think you're going to be waiting a while.

..... Just like how Mexico will pay for this wall...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm not seeing any new op-eds published by Mr. Schumer today ... anyone else able to verify the claims in the OP's , er, source?

lol.... I think you're going to be waiting a while.

..... Just like how Mexico will pay for this wall...

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP's article was complete fiction if not a blatant hoax.

It wouldn't be the first time. Still, usually, there is some nugget of fact in these things, at least on the order of Schumer actually did release an op-ed today (Thursday).

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Xuenchen, with all due respect......you are the American version of othersideofthecoin, you simply stir an already stinking bucket of shat.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There are quite a few who don't think I'd should be required, however no one is saying illegals should be legally allowed to vote..

Presently ANY difference between registration and ID steals your ability to vote..

Lose your id ? Can't vote..

Wrong address on your id?? Can't vote..

Single letter obviously a Typo on either side???

Id expired ?? Can't vote..

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I haven't seen that many responses here (although, my memory is far from infallible, LOL) that are dead-set against requiring ID for voting.

Personally, I prefer having everyone fit with RFID chips that provides their identification information along with medical information and history, emergency family contacts, etc. Yes, I can certainly see how that tech could be abused ... like any other.

There are many, however, who view that as a horrific if not supernatural invasion, so I seriously doubt it will happen wide-scale anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I probably simplified things in my mind too much. I'm not a leftist either, although on this site I normally seem to move into that role because the field is so skewed to the right. In some issues.

Obviously the Republicans thrive from poor people not being able to vote, that's clear. I just try to balance my posts, especially when criticizing another member like I did now. I think you could say the Repubs (I feel like it's usually them) are right in saying that ID's are required, but for the wrong reasons (keeping the Democrat vote down at manageable levels).

You're right though, it's easy to make a demand for ID requirements without looking at the practical issues of it. There's a responsibility to make sure it works. I think I tend to compare the US electoral system with more successful counterparts in some European countries for example, but those countries are usually smaller and much more homogeneous, so it's unfair.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I thoroughly agree with your post.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I don't think it is unfair to compare implementing successful voting practices in smaller countries...

I also agree whole hardedly about being forced to defend the democrats because the republicans have just gone full blown conspiracy theory...

Is there a GOP policy that isn't based on a logical fallacy that would get you laughed out of a high school debate?!?!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Hahaha, this literally made me laugh out loud!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When the lede of a story starts with "senate sleazebag", you may just be reading fake news or an opinion piece.

People have real issues with Trump's voting commission. One of my gripes is making public the last four digits of all registered voters' social security numbers alongside their date of birth and address.

I also have trepidation about how someone as bent on punishment of his political enemies, as Trump seems to be, will use voter information that identifies party affiliation.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know how Democrats can support this BS. Do they really hate our country that much. Have they never been to other countries and seen how sh177y life is like there?
edit on 31-8-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

How do you explain 11 counties in CA had more voters than citizens of age?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

A fake stat from a fake website???

Obviously...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Judicial watch is a fake website that doesn't even employ journalists..

They are a compilation site that copy pastes MSM stories , after adding their own spin first of course...

So it's exactly as I said...

A fake story from a fake news site...

Only like 20% of Americans vote...so the thought that you have more voters than those eligible to vote should be easily spotted propaganda...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Also , why would you mess with the votes in a hard red or blue state where you can't make a difference????

You wouldn't...

This is propaganda for dummies...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

A fake news site ... Donald Trump get out of that body !

The 'fake news site' is taking real genuine judicial actions.

For the record :

Schumer: After Charlottesville, end Trump’s voter fraud commission

edit on 31-8-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added text

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

A fake news site ... Donald Trump get out of that body !

The 'fake news site' is taking real genuine judicial actions.

For the record :

Schumer: After Charlottesville, end Trump’s voter fraud commission

Which of course isn't even remotely similar to the claims made in the OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

It's a fake story from a propaganda news site....

Think about it..

Why would ANYONE screw with the votes in a state they were already guaranteed to win???

That is a massive risk with zero reward...

Aka basically something no real life human being would do..

Also very few Americans actually vote, so you would need to have a ratio where like 70+% of the ballots were fakes.

So to buy this we have to believe the democrats were stupid enough to cheat in the state they were ALWAYS gonna win and by a margins that they COULD NOT get away with....

Some one smart and influential enough to rig a US election doesn't make such large fundamental mistakes..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join