It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer SLAMS President Trump : “It’s Racist To Only Allow Citizens To Vote”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24
a reply to: xuenchen

How do these Idiots get in office , not knowing the laws!

He knows the laws. He presumes you/them/we don't

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

And that's from the most conservative polling site and we don't know the sample size or the question they ask...

It could have been should a tax paying illegal brought here at birth who has never left, be allowed to vote??

8 out of 10 political posts that obviously fake come from the same couple people, and the same couple sites...

I doubt they are unrealistically hopeing maybe this time they aren't lying, and instead know they are garbage but post them anyway...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You mean about the quote he never said from the blantantly fake OP???

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

You mean about the quote he never said from the blantantly fake OP???

No, I mean anything that comes out of his mouth.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchendid they not jus tsay that la county had only 23 million people supposed to be eligible to vote but 33 million actually voted there. that means about 10 million voted illegaly.

to this idiot voting is a right of citizens only its the law.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Actually come out of his mouth, or something a fake website and OP said comes out of his mouth??

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Actually come out of his mouth, or something a fake website and OP said comes out of his mouth??

Advance copy of whatever Op-Ed Schumer actually wrote prompted a whole 24/hr cycle of Echo Chamber stupidity.

It should actually be published (I'm guessing the Times) today.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Tardacus

The quotes do not say that either.....

Only the headline does... in the article and theOP..

The question is will you happily jump right in without even checking next time it's the same propaganda website from the same OP???

sure I probably will, but then again the real question is how credible is ats if the mods allow fake news to be posted and remain?

what was that old saying, don`t hate the player hate the game. if ats is going to allow itself to be the internet version of the national enquirer then don't hate the people who comment on the stories hate the people who allow the stories to be published and disseminated. I`m not a debunker, I`m too busy for that that I just read the quotes and make comments. Don`t blame me if the publisher is allowing fake quotes to be published and disseminated. it`s their job to weed out the garbage I already have a real job,and I`m not interested in volunteer work, but if you want to to do the mod`s job for them keep up the good work.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer from New York is pouring it on heavy.

Now right in the middle of a real disaster, he takes the time and energy to bash Trump.

His latest "wisdom" is about legal Citizens being the only ones allowed to vote !!!

And of course, he says it's all a racist thing !!

Chuck needs some refresher courses I think.

The article explains Schumer's profound wisdom......
Chuck Schumer SLAMS President Trump : “It’s Racist To Only Allow Citizens To Vote”

Senate sleazebag Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has declared restricting voting to only Americans as an exercise in racism. Everything that protects America from conquest, such as immigration laws, vetting of refugees and voter IDs is racist to corrupt Chuck.

Obviously feeling a threat to the Democrats’ system of voter fraud that is the foundation of every election they win, the Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer declared that Democrats will attempt to use a “must-pass” bill to dissolve President Donald Trump’s voter fraud commission if he doesn’t end it ‘voluntarily.”

Why are you so opposed to only citizens voting or exposing fraudulent voter rolls, Chuck? Afraid the American people are going to find out what you’ve been up to, the real reason you wanted illegal aliens to have driver’s licenses? States have gone out of their way to offer free IDs to residents to avoid any perception of discrimination and made them exceedingly easy to get. That’s not good enough.

As much as I believe Schumer would LIKE illegal aliens to have voting rights... I'm gonna agree with others who have pointed out what crappy website this story lives on.

I'd have to see video to believe he said it. BS website.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Dudemo5

I just read the quotes in the op`s it saves me time wadding through the political garbage and opinions.i just assume that if it is in a quote box it was said by the person in question.

if the OP is quoting opinions rather than what was actually said then the mods should deal with that.

perhaps you should apply some critical thinking instead of expecting the mods to spoon-feed you.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is Schumer aware than giving people voting right does neceseraly means they will vote as you would like them to ?

Schumer Says It ‘Makes Sense’ To ‘Strangle Gaza Economically’ Until It Votes The Way Israel Wants

New York’s senior senator explained that the current Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip — which is causing a humanitarian crisis there — is not only justified because it keeps weapons out of the Palestinian territory, but also because it shows the Palestinians living there that “when there’s some moderation and cooperation, they can have an economic advancement.” Summing up his feelings, Schumer emphasized the need to “to strangle them economically until they see that’s not the way to go”

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I never claimed it was about letting non-citizens vote. I'm just qouting what was actually said.

Disenfranchise minority voters though? I want to hear the explanation on that one.

sorry for the confusion, i was referring back to the OP with my reference to non-citizens.

historically, though, efforts like this come from republicans and are targeted at reducing or discouraging the minority vote. voting tests given selectively, unfair ID laws, gerrymandering... there's a huge historical precedent and this is more of the same.

Blasderdash, are you actually saying that making sure 1 billion Chinese get to vote who aren't citizens or any other group who come here to destroy our culture without even becoming an American is ok?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
I think it's interesting that some here believe he wouldn't say this, pretending like he's rational or something. Maybe he didn't say it exactly like this, but its still the same crap we've heard from the left time and time again.

Same here, agree 100%. the X does need to clean this up in the title imo.... Either way the people who call him Chuckie Shmucky have been making points that have stuck with me that this clown is dangerous to the freedom of all (white) men and people in general from America. God only knows how far he will take it to get it changed to no one has freedom of anything.

edit on 31-8-2017 by Justoneman because: ETA

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm not seeing any new op-eds published by Mr. Schumer today ... anyone else able to verify the claims in the OP's , er, source?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm not seeing any new op-eds published by Mr. Schumer today ... anyone else able to verify the claims in the OP's , er, source?

Me either , agreed. I think the story is somewhat reasonable discussion but on the basis of facts we have to move on about not exactly those words and agree to disagree that he feels that way.....?

ETA

The Rasmussen article is believable but who were the Democrats polled?

AND
Why no comment about freedom Gryphon I am concerned about that very much and you NEVER observe the reality of freedom or losing it?
edit on 31-8-2017 by Justoneman because: ETA

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If he is really true to his word, which I would bet against, he would have no problem with me and a couple of friends bringing our work crews up to New York next election. These guys are almost all "minority voters" and several of them are "illegals". His kind of people. If I read his statement correctly, he would have no problem with our coming to New York and voting in his district.

The thing is they, to a man, disagree with almost everything this guy says. I feel pretty sure they would all be very eager to vote him out of office if given a chance.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

ATS may depend on a lot of fake news being posted, but what's wrong with thinking for yourself? If an article based on quoting someone doesn't even contain any quotes, then that should be a red flag. Fake news are going to be an issue exactly as long as people want to believe in them. No one is going to do your job for you.

I don't get why people have to post lies about this particular subject anyway. Not needing ID to vote is one of the crappier ideas on the left, it'd make things simpler, if nothing else. As long as it's free to get one it shouldn't be a problem, maybe make a law that employers have to give time off for their employees to register, if they are so busy otherwise.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Why no comment about freedom Gryphon I am concerned about that very much and you NEVER observe the reality of freedom or losing it?

What?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Ok, so even though this is obvious propaganda, specifically for the purpose If duping you into vilifying someone who is innocent of the charge presented..

Yet you still think the ones intentionally pushing debunked propaganda, are making good points that have changed your mind....

Do you see how crazy that is??

edit on 31-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

There is no crappy idea on the left that there should be no ID needed to vote.

What many do oppose is changing the rules that we have used for years in specific areas that is clearly intended to make it harder for some Americans to vote.

I'm not "a leftist" but I'm considered one on ATS, and I'll be glad to give you my take on it. As long as IDs are provided by States in easily accessible locations for all, at costs that are affordable by all (or free), and all this is accomplished and is working perfectly before any election occurs in which folks will be disenfranchised for no ID ... I think it's a great idea.

What those "on the right" who are people of good will must acknowledge, is that there are many groups in power in this country that will do anything to keep minorities from exercising their rights, like voting.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join