It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer SLAMS President Trump : “It’s Racist To Only Allow Citizens To Vote”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
So, he's cool if we open up voting in his district to a billion Chinese?

I'm sure he won't mind.

How bout Russians ?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
He should learn this countries laws of be removed.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 30-8-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Honestly everyone should be using an ID to vote. The left want their sanctuary cities, harboring illegals. I want ID's shown at the polls so those illegals they're harboring aren't showing up to vote.

i don't disagree on principle, but ID laws disproportionately affect poorer people, and places an undue burden on them to exercise their right to vote. if IDs were easily accessible it would be one thing, but someone with no driver's license has to make a special trip to the one place in their county that does IDs just to get that legitimate identification.

this is a way of using a legitimate-sounding reason to disenfranchise people, and it does disproportionately affect minorities.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I don't get it either. So many average day things require you to have an ID in the U.S. Driving a car, getting a job, applying for credit, opening a bank account. I mean I could go on all day. Yet it's disenfranchising minority voters to require an ID to vote, but not white voters? Hell that sounds more racist than requiring an ID. Last I checked the BMV didn't have a sign out that said only white people get their ID's for free.

people with no means of transportation or who are working more than one job have a tough time finding the time and means to go get the ID in the first place. it's an onerous burden.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Voter IDs are free in most (if not all) states.

And everybody knows people need an ID for something every once in a while.

No excuses.

You want big government, you got it.

If you want to vote for big government, then go along with the rules.

Very simple.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It was nice to see at least a couple of people more than normal fact check and call out BS.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: fiverx313

Voter IDs are free in most (if not all) states.

And everybody knows people need an ID for something every once in a while.

No excuses.

You want big government, you got it.

If you want to vote for big government, then go along with the rules.

Very simple.

you post fake news, you spread disinfo, and you throw out strawmen.

i have a strong feeling you live under a bridge, know what i mean? have occasional disagreements with billy goats?

i'll say no more.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2017 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Can you quote where he says that or is this more very fake news?

It looks like fake news to me. I Googled looking for an actual quote to this effect and could not find one.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
so, basically what this guy schumer is saying is that anyone who is in the U.S. on the day of a U.S. election should be allowed to vote? just imagine all the tourist visas that will be applied for that coincide with a U.S election day.

well if he gets his way at least the Russians won`t have to hack the DNC or any other U.S. political party they can just all their citizens here on vacation during a U.S. election day.

clearly the man is insane.
edit on 30-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
so, basically what this guy schumer is saying is that anyone who is in the U.S. on the day of a U.S. election should be allowed to vote? just imagine all the tourist visas that will be applied for that coincide with a U.S> election day.

clearly the man is insane.

faaaaaaake. fake. FAKE. fake news. it's fake.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Can you please quote exactly what Schumer said that led you to that conclusion?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

restricting voting to only Americans as an exercise in racism

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

so, basically what this guy schumer is saying is that anyone who is in the U.S. on the day of a U.S. election should be allowed to vote?

No.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

restricting voting to only Americans as an exercise in racism

He didn't say that.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

so, basically what this guy schumer is saying is that anyone who is in the U.S. on the day of a U.S. election should be allowed to vote?

No.

Senate sleazebag Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has declared restricting voting to only Americans as an exercise in racism

I may be wrong but Chinese and Russian tourists aren`t americans so if non American citizens are allowed to vote then ALL non American citizens will be allowed to vote.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

No.

Senate sleazebag Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has declared restricting voting to only Americans as an exercise in racism

I may be wrong but Chinese and Russian tourists aren`t americans so if non American citizens are allowed to vote then ALL non American citizens will be allowed to vote.

Please provide the exact quote from Schumer. Not a paraphrase. Go find his actual words and post them here.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep! He knows.

We are about to find out that thousands (maybe millions) of illegals voted and were not only allowed to do it, but were encouraged to do it.

This is against the Constitution. And it is all about to be proven.

Schumer is trying to get ahead of it with some bullspit moral argument. No, Chucky....that's not how this works.

The Moonbeam out there in the land of fruits, nuts and flakes made the claim before the election that he would allow all illegals to vote...Apparently he did just that...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No.

Please provide the exact quote from Schumer. Not a paraphrase. Go find his actual words and post them here.

I don`t care that much about this topic to do that, I read the OP, if the OP is wrong you should take it up with them.
if he meant that only illegal latin americans should be allowed to vote then even a freshman congressman and a rookie law graduate could use that as a precedence to allow ALL non American citizens to vote.

edit on 30-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join