It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Schumer SLAMS President Trump : “It’s Racist To Only Allow Citizens To Vote”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Actually the thread is about pushing blantantly fake right wing propaganda to dupe the public...

The rest of us have just been debunking it..

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Let's actually be fair and call out blantant propaganda as blantant propaganda. Since he never said that and the OP are purposely trying to dupe people.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To be fair, Idiot boy never said that. He meant it, I'm sure, but he never said it.

Link to Douchebag's actual Op-Ed piece.

Here's the operative quote:

That’s why today I am calling for two things that I hope will gain bipartisan support:

1. Disband the Election Integrity Commission. If the president wants to truly show that he rejects the discrimination agenda of the white supremacist movement, he will rescind the Executive Order that created this commission. And if the president does not act, the Congress should prohibit its operation through one of the must-pass legislative vehicles in September. Many of us found the Election Integrity Commission distasteful when it was first created. The president’s recent failure to unequivocally condemn bigotry makes its rescission imperative.

Sure he WANTS illegals to be able to vote - that's how the Democrats pad their tallies. But if he just came right out and said, "I want illegals to be able to vote", even his own voters would toss him out on his ass. So he has to disguise it in racial rhetoric. He has to say if you keep on this way, you're disenfranchising minorities. Well, maybe you are, a bit - those minorities that can't bother themselves to go out and get state-issued IDs. Is that cost worth keeping illegals from voting? I say yes. Schumer undoubtedly disagrees.
edit on 1/9/2017 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ProphetZoroaster

So, you're in support of a totally fraudulent OP because you're a mind-reader and you know what people "really" mean.

Riiight.

There's zero evidence of significant voter fraud on the national level. Multiple sources.

The Federal government has ZERO Constitutional right to State voting lists and voter information. Tenth Amendment.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: xuenchen

I drank almond milk this morning.

Someone, somewhere, thinks I'm a racist.
My coconut milk is whiter than your milk...so I must be a white supremacist....because I loved every drop of it's creamy goodness.......

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This one has me ready to jump out my second story window.

I think I've reached my threshold for the NWO for the year.

God, how are we not staging a revolution?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Because it's a fake story maybe??

Read the article, he never said that..

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It sounds more like Schumer is saying it's racist to investigate fraud and prevent it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Exactly. He clearly said it's racist to have a panel investigating fraud. I don't know why though.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

Too bad it's fraud.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Exactly. He clearly said it's racist to have a panel investigating fraud. I don't know why though.

First of all, no one has said it's "racist" to investigate anything.

What has been said, and is true, is that there's ZERO reason for the Big Brother panel (and no Constitutional justification, either.)

edit on 1-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: oted

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Then how does one show they are against racism by stopping it if there is no link to racism? Schumer clearly said it's racist. Schumer has said the panel is racist. Investigating fraud and ensuring it does not happen is racist. Not unconstitutional to ensure the Constitution is followed ... but racist is what he said.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Then how does one show they are against racism by stopping it if there is no link to racism? Schumer clearly said it's racist. Schumer has said the panel is racist. Investigating fraud and ensuring it does not happen is racist. Not unconstitutional to ensure the Constitution is followed ... but racist is what he said.

Don't try to spin your claim. No one has said that investigating voter fraud is racist. There are and have been efforts around the country to disenfranchise certain groups. However the effort that the Trump Administraion is making is a deep invasion of Americans privacy as well as being unconstitutional.

Every investigation of voter fraud has demonstrate that there is not and has not been any significant issue.

The only thing driving the panel is the belief that all votes for Democrats are illegal.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

I agree. People who post fake news always make me want to start a revolution.

You know what else does?

People who believe fake news without fact checking.

Aaaaawww yeah, son. I gotz my pitch forkz!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You related to Alexander Dumass?

Schumer isn't saying it's racist to investigate voter fraud.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Here is what Schumer actually said (I linked the article a couple of pages back.)

The misguided Shelby County v. Holder Supreme Court decision gutted the Voting Rights Act, opening the door to the same voter suppression tactics that existed before the Voting Rights Act was passed in 1965. In the past year and a half alone, federal courts have struck down discriminatory voting laws in North Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin. And some legislators, as they attempted to pass these types of bills, openly admitted their goal was to suppress minorities from voting. In the case of North Carolina, the court found that the legislature targeted African-American voters with “almost surgical precision.” This is despicable.

And specifically about Trump's Commission ...

In late June, the President’s unwarranted “Election Integrity Commission,” established to investigate the President’s baseless and absurd claim that 3 to 5 million people illegally voted in the 2016 election, joined Attorney General Sessions in sending letters to the states asking for detailed voter information. This effort to intimidate voters and purge them from the rolls through a national voter database of personal information is unprecedented and was met with bipartisan opposition from Republican and Democratic Secretaries of State.
The president’s “Election Integrity Commission” and the actions of the attorney general are wolves in sheep’s clothing. They are a ruse. Their only intention is to disenfranchise voters.

and the part that specifically puts the lie to "to investigate voter fraud is racist" claim:

Hold a series of public hearings on the status of voting rights in America. Let’s have a public debate about these issues where experts can discuss policies like same-day registration as well as alleged voter fraud. Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, vice chairman of the Election Integrity Commission, should testify as well.

Schumer Article at Medium

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So by that Logic Obama was the President of the World. Romney had no chance.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

You related to Alexander Dumass?

Schumer isn't saying it's racist to investigate voter fraud.
Then how can you show you are not racist by stopping the investigation? How can you show you are not racist by stopping something that has nothing to do with racism? It would make no sense. It only makes sense if the thing you are stopping is racist, which means he called it racist.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

A series of public hearings is pointless and would serve his purpose of ending any and all investigation. If he was serious he would be looking to redirect the voter commission. He gave literally no reasons or examples of why it's wrong, only that it needs to end because it's racist. I stand by my statement, which is bolstered by him saying it's already been decided there is no problem, meaning there is no point to look into it further.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A series of public hearings is pointless and would serve his purpose of ending any and all investigation. If he was serious he would be looking to redirect the voter commission. He gave literally no reasons or examples of why it's wrong, only that it needs to end because it's racist. I stand by my statement, which is bolstered by him saying it's already been decided there is no problem, meaning there is no point to look into it further.

Public hearings are pointless? To be specific, Congressional investigations are pointless? LOL, that's rich.

It's your opinion that Mr. Schumer wants to end "investigation" ... that's all you've got. On his side, every investigation into voter fraud across the country, including a three-year investigation by the Bush Justice Department have shown repeatedly that there has never been any significant voter fraud in this country.

You really need to read the article I provided a link to. The entire ARTICLE is giving the reasons why the President's Orwellean commission is flawed.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join