It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC article - "look closer than the other Star systems".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
nbc carried story Well I'm convinced they are trying to cover for something that they will soon disclose. What that might mean is beyond me. As far as disclosure goes for me, I would rather know who killed Kennedy. I'm already certain that advanced races exist - some where. Why they would bother with us, I don't know lol. Still I find this interesting. Especially as it is a submitted, reviewed science document.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

Now if only the smart people can agree on what would qualify as a genuine extraterrestrial artifact. I think there is no evidence than can be presented that would change some people's mind that extraterrestrials actually do not exist.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

A great video on who killed Kennedy. A bit long but very good just in terms of the history of the people who could have been involved:

Of course, you have to be a bit of conspiracy nut to watch the whole thing. I did. Actually, I've watched at least 5 times.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't feel the disclosure thing but it is an interesting speculative article.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Thanks new one for me.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Similarly, it’s unlikely that technosignatures might yet exist on Venus, given its extreme heat and volcanic activity. But “the subsurface of Mars or the moon would be a good place for something to survive, say, billions of years, because there are no plate tectonics to destroy things there, and beneath the surface things would not be badly eroded by wind, dust, and meteorite impacts,” Wright said.

So too much heat chases away the aliens. Ever saw a volcanic acitivity on Venus ? Of cause ET can't interfere with NASA transmissions . Also E.T. cant decrypt communications way to advanced for them. isn't it

Venus is a paradise , earth's sister isn't it. btw how red is Mars really ? So many filters of the truth. Just saying , I don't know what's really out there but I won't base my info on what scientists say... they all have an agenda don't they ?

I believe in the scientific method but Scientists say a lot...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Very guilty of spouting off before reflection. Your discription makes better since even to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If something along these lines about our past comes to the surface I won't be surprised. Although 'soon' in this context might mean 50 years.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Well this particular scientist's agenda is not known to me. He appears to only aim a little closer from the little the article I've linked.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nice article.

Dr. Jason Wright was the guy whose paper KICkstarted the media run on Dyson Spheres. He's willing to speculate and doesn't mind exploring these ideas publicly. Arthur C Clark was also entertaining the idea of ETI passing through our neighbourhood back in the late 1950s. It puts Wright in a long tradition of sci-fi writers and scientists who haven't been too shy to think out loud.

Wright, who outlined his provocative argument in a paper published June 1 in the "International Journal of Astrobiology," said he doubted that intelligent aliens ever lived on Earth. Even if they did, he said, we’re unlikely to find their technosignatures because they’d likely have been destroyed long ago by erosion and Earth’s ever-shifting land masses.

He's probably right and there's nothing much to say otherwise. I still think it's short-sighted to even limit visits to flesh and blood critters when it's an established reality that technological entities/AIs would be more able to travel interstellar space. We always seem to imagine mighty space ships instead of sentient AIs in something as small as a SIM card.

...just speculating.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
nbc carried story Well I'm convinced they are trying to cover for something that they will soon disclose. What that might mean is beyond me. As far as disclosure goes for me, I would rather know who killed Kennedy. I'm already certain that advanced races exist - some where. Why they would bother with us, I don't know lol. Still I find this interesting. Especially as it is a submitted, reviewed science document.

I don't think it's a cover. It's just someone trying to quantify the notion of past intelligent visitation or indigenous civilizations.
www.cambridge.org - Prior indigenous technological species...

....In the case of Earth, erosion and, ultimately, plate tectonics may have erased most such evidence if the species lived Gyr ago. Remaining indigenous technosignatures might be expected to be extremely old, limiting the places they might still be found to beneath the surfaces of Mars and the Moon, or in the outer solar system.

He's not saying aliens never resided on/in Earth or Venus. Rather, it's unlikely we'll find anything older than a billion years on Earth, and on Venus its heat probably destroyed anything in recent times.

Looking into this in more detail I find this:
en.wikipedia.org - Volcanology of Venus...

The surface of Venus is dominated by volcanic features and has more volcanoes than any other planet in the Solar System. It has a surface that is 90% basalt, and about 65% of the planet consists of a mosaic of volcanic lava plains, indicating that volcanism played a major role in shaping its surface. There are more than 1000 volcanic structures and possible periodic resurfacing of Venus by floods of lava. The planet may have had a major global resurfacing event about 500 million years ago,[1] from what scientists can tell from the density of impact craters on the surface. Venus has an atmosphere rich in carbon dioxide, with a density that is 90 times greater than Earth's atmosphere.

So the timetable for Venus is probably no more than 500 million years. My understanding is Venus doesn't remove its internal heat efficiently. The mantle is very warm and melts the crust. It has a different kind of "plume-induced" subduction. I read Earth may have had a similar tectonics before its plate tectonics developed.

Some more information on Venus's tectonics:
topex.ucsd.edu - Catastrophic Resurfacing and Episodic Subduction on Venus...
edit on 8/30/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've been adding a lot of my 2 cents lately..... Anyway, here's some more!

I don't think were going to find any signs of life.

Any technosignatures, radio waves, etc, will quickly be written off as anomalous or explained away by another theory.... we also will never see any evidence through any telescopes due to light: The further away we look through a telescope into the sky, the further back in time, we essentially see. Basically, if were looking 1 million light years away for signs of life, we're also looking 1 million years into the past..... Given how old we are as a species, we could potentially look at a world or galaxy that appears uninhabited, but at this very moment, could in fact be a busy, multi-species, pitstop.

Just something crazy to wrap your mind around

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

He's a good guy. Check out this article about being more creative in the search for SETI.

Well, we certainly have physics: there are physical laws we believe are fundamental and that we know pretty well, and we can think about energy use and how it would manifest itself. We also have ourselves: we are a technological species, so we can think about how we would detect a species like us. This last point is analogous to the hunt for biosignatures: we have to balance the need to define technosignatures of intelligent life as we know it, while keeping in mind that perhaps the only technological life out there is as-we-don’t-know-it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think that maybe the handful of animals that have copper based blood could be aliens. I mean seriously, why is their blood copper instead of iron based? That means they bleed blue not red. WTF man??

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
[url=https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/amp/ncna796841]I would rather know who killed Kennedy.

My wifi name is LHOWASFRAMED so I would also like to know.

Now regarding the article, it's def a thought I've considered, the ancient astronaut theory, kind of.

Thanks for sharing.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I think that maybe the handful of animals that have copper based blood could be aliens. I mean seriously, why is their blood copper instead of iron based? That means they bleed blue not red. WTF man??

Isn't the blood of the giant squid based on ammonia ?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I find a couple of sections of the article to be quite telling:

But “the subsurface of Mars or the moon would be a good place for something to survive, say, billions of years, because there are no plate tectonics to destroy things there, and beneath the surface things would not be badly eroded by wind, dust, and meteorite impacts,” Wright said.

...and...

But, Loeb said, “There could have been a visit by another alien civilization” from another solar system. The aliens might have visited us in person, he said, or via some form of space probe.

Seems like they are trying very hard to get people to accept the idea of some extraterrestrial tech being found in space. Most curious.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I think there is no evidence than can be presented that would change some people's mind that extraterrestrials actually do not exist.

Of course not. You can't prove a negative. We can search 99.99999% of the universe, and still miss a good billion planets, and one of them just might have aliens on it. It's up to the proponents of aliens to present positive evidence.

All anyone needs is one, good, solid, unimpeachable piece of evidence to prove that at least one alien exists somewhere. But nobody has come up with one yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Who's to say we HAVEN'T already found these so-called techno-signatures...

And maybe...just maybe...

...The "aliens" that left them used to be us. I hear Africa is a good place to look...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

A great video on who killed Kennedy. A bit long but very good just in terms of the history of the people who could have been involved:

Of course, you have to be a bit of conspiracy nut to watch the whole thing. I did. Actually, I've watched at least 5 times.

If you haven't already done so, check out Magical Mystery Media's INTERVIEW with the guy that made the documentary you've watched 5 times. He is coming out with a part 2 that covers the topic from 9/11 to present.

As Conolly stated in a recent Reddit AMA, “The Oligarchs believe that the public, when push comes to shove, are a contemptuous rabble who are only interested in easy pleasures like drinking and gambling and fornicating and are, in the final analysis, every bit as selfish as the Psychopaths who rule over them. As I write this they will be laughing inside their Stately homes and private island retreats, quietly confident that the public will not help Francis Richard Conolly make another Film because they are not creatures of principal. This is what the rich will be thinking right at this moment. Are they right? All adults know that a price has to be paid for everything. Is your freedom, and your children’s future, worth the price of a good Hamburger?” F.R.C. May 2017

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join