It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UT fires teacher whose tweet blamed Harvey on Texas GOP vote

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

No, let them keep opening their mouths. This is why Trump won and will continue to win... I like when they continue to look ignorant and butthurt.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You asked "How can you possibly expect him to be fair to his students?".

You argued "this guy demonstrated an obvious hatred for anyone with political views that oppose his"

Not only should he be fired for his thoughts and expression, but because of your own expectations. That seems to me tyrannical.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think part of what makes this less clear cut either way is that he is a sociology lecturer.

You simply can't separate his political views from his academic work and if his views are highly anti conservative then it would be an issue.

That said I think his tweets were stupid rather than malicious and there has been an overreaction.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Tyrannical? Sure if you misrepresent what I actually said, it could look that way. If you look at what I actually said, you might feel differently. If you can't make a point without lying, don't bother to post.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"I dont believe in instant karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas. Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesnt care about them."

... "good people" in red states like Texas and Florida "need to do more to stop the evil their state pushes." He continued: "I'm only blaming those who support the GOP there."

These sure seem to be political views expressed. He should have defended his views rather than caving to internet activist pressure, as should the University. He was dismissed without clear University guidelines.

GOP proposed budget cuts FEMA funding. Scientific oversight committee for EPA has been closed. Texas state law forbids local governments from zoning to keep toxic, flammable, and explosive material storage away from schools, hospitals, and residential areas. National Hurricane Center budget to be reduced. NOAA budget reduced under GOP proposed budget.

GOP strongly discourages discussion of Human Caused Climate Change. Hurricanes are natural. The water temperature in the Gulf is a major factor. Gulf water temps are rising. GOP doesn't want to hear it. It's forbidden for Florida State employees to mention it.

Is that it? Are University professors state employees? Hmmmm.

Nope. Tampa University is private.
edit on 31-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Tyrannical? Sure if you misrepresent what I actually said, it could look that way. If you look at what I actually said, you might feel differently. If you can't make a point without lying, don't bother to post.

I did. I even quoted it. I still feel the same. Don't bother to project your feelings on others.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join