It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi condemns Antifa violence in Berkeley after criticism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Now U.S. Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi is apparently denouncing the violence of ANTIFA !!

ANTIFA has caused much violence recently, and now all of a sudden, some of the previously silent politicians are vocal.

I bet they know about the massive public relations problem ANTIFA has caused for many political groups.

Now they must change the stories around and who knows what else.

What can the public expect from this sudden change of heart?

Pelosi condemns Antifa violence in Berkeley after criticism

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., condemned attacks by members of Antifa against conservative demonstrators over the weekend in Berkeley, Calif., calling the violence a "sad event."

"Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts," Pelosi said in a statement Tuesday evening. "The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa [sic] in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted."

Thirteen people were arrested and five others were injured Sunday after more than 100 black-clad, hooded protesters with masks and weapons attacked and overwhelmed the peaceful demonstrators.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Holy sh**. Hell just froze over.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She smells the shift in the wind. If the Dems are going to survive 2018, they have to start distancing themselves from these radical groups. 1st MSNBC now her .. I wonder who's next?

update: Here's another surprise Feinstein: Trump can be a good President
edit on 30-8-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's what I said when I first heard of it yesterday. Could be sincere concern over a very real problem, or it could be that the DNC has run a few public opinion polls and the numbers have been bad, but regardless, I'll give her credit for doing the right thing and calling this group out for the threat that it is.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
HEY ANTIFA SUPPORTERS!!! In the words of Nelson Muntz...HA HA!!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
At last , proof that politicians been replaced with alien clones .

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I wonder who held the gun to her head to make her say that?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Lol, ANTIFA's response: "NAZI!"

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Kind o' like the M.E. and terrorism I'd say. The creators eventually experience blowback. They're disassociating.
edit on 30-8-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Siding with terrorists who hate your country, most of it's people and everything it stands for generally isn't a vote winner.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The mayor of Berkeley is classifying Antifa as a gang (like the Bloods or the Crips) and even Bloomberg is jumping on the Anifa-bashing wagon. Maybe they're starting to accept that leftists can have hate groups, too.

If one of them actually apologized to Trump for calling him a white supremacist after he criticized both sides, I would literally be speechless.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Who cares...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Who cares...

When all your friends decide to condemn you, when no one in the state power structure is left to defend your anti-state institution and unprovoked violence from the group continues, it'll find itself legislated against.

Then the SWAT teams will show up.

Oh and they'll never be an anarchist revolution. Nobody wants that. People in general like all the things the state provides/enables access to.

Like the roads, law and order, healthcare, education, all those good things.

Admittedly those aren't great in America, and one is outright corporate scam, but they're better than nothing which is what you'd have without the state.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Who cares...

The ones who stand to lose the most that's who cares.

You know, all the future "defundees".

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

None of those people are my "Friends" what they say matters not to me

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I bet they know about the massive public relations problem ANTIFA has caused for many political groups.

Now they must change the stories around and who knows what else.

What can the public expect from this sudden change of heart?

The Dem-wits probably spent millions of dollars on some PR firm (probably through a taxpayer government grant) to study the public opinion of the Dem Party in light of their continued support of groups like BLM and Antifa.

They got the results. They read, "You are screwed in 2018, much less 2020!"

So, what can the public expect from this change of heart? Pandoring, backtracking, capitulation.....till elections are over, then it's back to their old Dem-wit ways. The thing about the Democratic Party we all know, is they strive to keep power BAMN.

edit on 30-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Holy sh**. Hell just froze over.

Meh. Dems like her only follow their talking points based on following the emotions of the people. She doesn't actually care, just realized she now has to act like she cares.

Same with her suddenly being so offended by the racist statues in DC. She said nothing about them for decades, but suddenly out of nowhere she cares. No she doesn't, just playing to the emotion of the people.

That's why Dems will keep losing.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Who cares...

Because liberals get the bulllet, too. Right?

How does it feel being a part of the establishment's disposable storm troopers?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

You seem not to know why we are anarchists, or what anarchists are

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: TomLawless

You seem not to know why we are anarchists, or what anarchists are

How come all the "Anarchists" haven't started their own "country" yet ?

Your 2 chances of convincing 300 million people are slim and none.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join