It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object on beach in Rhode Island

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I haven't been able to find the details of the size of this, but this appears to be a sort of base or stand for some kind of device. It's heavy or anchored in place.

The object was found last year, but could not be relocated later. Looks like they're going to try, more formally to remove this thing. Looks manmade, but no one yet has determined what it is, or what it's purpose is.

I'm guessing some sort of monitoring device base.

www.wfsb.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Looks like someones lost their alloy wheel!

Wonder what the diameter is?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Its the Main Drain, dont pull it up or you'll drain the ocean

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

Not a wheel the "legs" look bolted together

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

fox11online.com...

This has better photos of it if you click on the photo gallery link

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Yeah! missed them bolts..

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Did you see the other pics? It is really strange

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It looks man made to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Uh, yeah no doubts about that wonder if it is like a home made mooring to tie a boat off too?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Some kind of home made anchor?

Possibly for mooring a buoy or boat?

Warmest

Lags
edit on 30-8-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Word added

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ill guess time capsule of sorts maybe???

That or entrance to the underworld. One of the two.

Eta: after seeing the more detailed pics, is does look more like an anchor/ securing spot to me. Still most curious, however.
edit on 30-8-2017 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Other articles state it is 60-70 yards away from a lighthouse and the legs are capped in concrete. I am thinking definitely a home made mooring

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think it is the base for a tide marker, I have seen something like it somewhere else. usually has a pole with a small sometimes pyramid shaped marker on top. I guess it would let you know how close you could moor your boat without getting beached at low tide. maybe?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
More than likely part of an old oil rig.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Its the Main Drain, dont pull it up or you'll drain the ocean

Damn!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

No it is really close to shore

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

it's some kind of mooring and i don't think it's real old. if you look at the third and forth picture in the link you posted, you can see it's painted and the paint appears to the same kind used on ships, looks some sort of epoxy/polly based paint.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Not a wheel the "legs" look bolted together

Alu or Mag. wheel would have corroded, too. They don't make stainless rims that I know of.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Crazy part is that someone or group of people had to put it there yet no one knows anything? It is a public beach

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It doesn't appear to be that big. Maybe a cement plant dumped their cement with a part lodged into it into the ocean or maybe an old factory disposed of some scrap that was full of cement. They used to dump stuff that was not considered a problem almost anywhere years ago. Lots of old cement was dumped into holes and some had rebar and whatever else was attached to the cement. I remember seeing lots of stuff like that going on in the sixties. Their philosophy was if it came from the ground it could be buried. They used to have dumps close to lakeshores years ago and dumps did not have liners, that wasn't as much of a problem when there was not much manmade stuff in the garbage, there was glass bottles and tin cans at the dumps, not many plastic bags and stuff back in the early sixties. Lots of rats, seagulls, and crows eating stuff at the dumps. We used to go shoot rats at the dump, the city actually allowed certain people to do that. My uncle was the water commissioner, so when the rats got bad he would contact us. Those were healthy rats, I doubt if they would be that healthy nowadays at dumps.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join