It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The oposite of diversity is university

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Now that is a thought that I would have to sit and ponder for a while. I couldn't and am not prepared to give an adequate response to such a question.

But regardless, using the hiring process to determine the quality of education a college student received is a false correlation. Being bad at resume writing or the interview process doesn't make you a #ty or unknowledgable worker. I know quite a few wastes of space at my current company that passed the interview process but don't do anything productive.
edit on 30-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I'm guessing you never went. What is oposite?

I couldn't resist!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're under the impression that the problem is just at the hiring process.
Even the ones that get hired are getting worse.
They tend not to know things that their degree says they know.
They think after their second week they should be telling their bosses how to run everything.
I had one girl file an HR complaint because her supervisor told her to put her phone away.
She was posting Instagram pics of her "working"

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It doesn't matter what you learn. The whole point of college is not to learn. The whole point of college is to learn how to learn.

The point of college is to learn enough to understand the law, so that you can be controlled.

If you can't understand what the law says, you can't follow it.

Can't have a bunch of ignorant people, who can't read the signs, being all independent, doing their own thing, and walking all over the land "freely".

They need to be able to understand the sign that says "Private Property", "No Trespassing", "Beware of Dog", etc..

That's the main reason for "education."

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Again people who have been in school their whole lives are going to suck at work culture when they first arrive. It is a fact of life. The only difference today rather than yesterday is that age of these people has increased to the mid-20's since more people are going to college after high school instead of directly entering the work force. I'm sure that same girl, given a few years in a corporate environment will learn the ropes and realize how silly she was being. We all do dumb # when we are new to something and sometimes you have to learn a lesson the hard way. I HIGHLY doubt that by the time she is 50 she'll be working a high paying job and Instagraming (or whatever social media thing is big then) at the same time. She'll be more focused by then.

College doesn't teach you how to interact in corporate culture. It only teaches you knowledge and how to critically think.
edit on 30-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It doesn't matter what you learn. The whole point of college is not to learn. The whole point of college is to learn how to learn.

I had a little different perspective about the reasons for "higher" education. And by the time my wild oats had been sown, luckily I had absorbed enough worthless info to get into grad school to continue the process enough to become an academic.

P...piled
H...higher &
D...deeper

What a fantastic system for a hedonist!!
edit on 30-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The idea that they are truly interested in diversity is laughable. The reason diversity is given credit is because outright selection by skin color or ethnicity is no longer allowed. The argument goes that by having people of diverse backgrounds you will get different perspectives on a particular subject of study. However, diversity of thought or opinion is not looked upon favorably at all.

A great talk show host in the Boston area who is now deceased used to say that whenever the issue of diversity is brought up ask them how many christian evangelicals there are in the population.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Keep in mind however that if the white students refused to share their space with black or brown that would be racism and white supremacy.

Basically, if black and brown choose to do so they can exclude and self-segregate as if that were a right peculiar to them; peculiar to them because whites are prohibited by law from "excluding" and while not yet illegal, its considered racist to self-segregate.

White america.............you are so screwed.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes, but white have been screwed for a long time.
Now the minorities can't be together.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This is going the exact opposite of where it was originally intended, i.e., E Pluribus Unum, "Out of Many One". Saw an interesting article, and no........I can't link to it, wherein the author considered that this is all the product of Identity Politics as invented by the elites to pit cultural identities versus other cultural identities thus balkanizing the population along cultural/racial identity groups all in an effort to take pressure of the 1% out of fear that instead, this would become internecine economic class warfare. It sorta makes sense. The elites doubtless worry this could turn into one of those, "lets attack the rich people and redistribute their wealth" sort of things. They don't want to go toes up on the guillotine in some rebellion against the rich.

Interesting idea, I thought, although, if the scenes coming out of Hurricane Harvey are any indication, this is all lost on average work-a-day Americans who seem to be able to work together across racial/cultural lines quite effectively in an emergency situation. Makes you wonder doesn't it, just how out of touch the elites and their MSM propaganda machine are with the average Joe the Plumber type US American.

Another thing that's overlooked, if my experience is any value, is the fact that inter racial marriage is going to make identity politics rather...........obsolete. You see a picture of Kamala Harris and you realize..dang there's an awful lot of cream in that coffee!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join