It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man born in UK receives letter from Home Office ordering him to leave country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

A UK-born man has been ordered to leave the country by immigration officials who say he is not British, despite having lived here his entire life. Shane Ridge, from Colne in Lancashire, was threatened with a £5,000 fine or potential prison sentence if he does not leave the UK because his Australian-born mother and British father were never married.

[url=http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/man-born-in-uk-receives-letter-from-home-office-ordering-him-to-leave-country/ar-AAqWYsM?li=BBoPWjQ]Source[/ url]

More insane crazyness form UK immigtaion.

Our Immigration system is broke and has lost the plot. There is litrally no common sense and is just a broken bureaucratic mess that seems to have have no sense of right or wrong or any intention for working to the benifit of the UK people.

Having my own battle with UK immigration (over my GF who only wanted a 2 week tourist visa) I cant express my contempt and hatred for our border services. I also know 3 cases of people (British Citizens) who can not bring there US spouses over to live in the UK because of May draconian spouse visa laws.

We let terrorists who travel from syria in, we let huge amounts of unkilled, un educated people in from countrys in Africa and the middle east who come from a hostile culture in, we refuse to deport crminals and terrorists yet we are kicking out British born people, refusing spouses to immigrate and in my case refusing tourists visa to parteners of Bristish citizens (when our tourism industry is suffeing).

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It's absolutely shameful, yes. All because they're under political pressure to put out some good numbers to 'prove' immigration is going down to alleviate the ravings of the Daily Mail.

And in the meantime families are being torn apart, wives and husbands and kids forced to separate, lovers not being allowed to be together.

It's cruel beyond words.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
It's absolutely shameful, yes. All because they're under political pressure to put out some good numbers to 'prove' immigration is going down to alleviate the ravings of the Daily Mail.

And in the meantime families are being torn apart, wives and husbands and kids forced to separate, lovers not being allowed to be together.

It's cruel beyond words.

Thing is there are better and more humane ways in reducing numbers.

But they have gone for methods that trample on the rights of UK citizens yet do little to reduce the numbers.

edit on 30-8-2017 by Phonixfromtheashes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Take the "e" from the end of your Christian name and put an "Al" on the front of your surname and all will be well Mr Ridge.
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes

You do not even know half of it,

My wife who is a key worker in med tech and was here on a invited work visa attempted to apply for right to remain as we had been in a meaningful relationship for 3 years and was about to get married to then have them say there was no reason myself and her could not continue the relationship "outside of the country", yes that was the wording..

We then appealed via solicitor and was required to submit untold amount of documents which we did plus "mine and her passports" (YES THE ACTUAL PASSPORTS!!!!), 8 months later we attempt to see where we are at as her visa was coming to a end for them to say they had "lost all of our submitted documents and forms"...

By that time we was already married and had to then submit all the lost documents again at our own cost of course..

The long and short of it is that her Visa ended whilst the appeal was going in so the medical field lost a key worker from a position that they are crying out for. My wife could not work so no income, the second application took nearly 2 years and had we not have had a child she would have been refused any visa extension..

We could have course just left as they so easily pointed out!!!..

That shows the absurdity of the immigration system in this country, we let in millions of uneducated sh#t to have them dry the system with every loop hole that is offered to them..

Am I surprised that the Home office did this??.. Nope they are a bunch of c#nts that do not know their ass from their elbow, incompetent would not sum up the amount of mistakes they make...

RA

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It's amazing that these organisations manage to target people no one would have a problem with while allowing convicted rapists etc to remain without a second thpught.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It looks like the Home Office is correct on this, even though it's a bizarre outcome and I don't understand the reasoning.

As far as I understand it, the problem is that his mother had dual Australian-British citizenship and his father was a British citizen, but the father's citizenship wasn't "passed to" their son because father and mother weren't married.

The bit that perplexes me is the fact that this guy's mother had dual Aus/UK citizenship. So to my mind, she was a British citizen. That being the case, I can't see why the son's citizenship is a problem. But the fact that I don't understand it isn't going to change it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
It's amazing that these organisations manage to target people no one would have a problem with while allowing convicted rapists etc to remain without a second thpught.

Why attempt to track people down that have f#ck all information on them when they can remove Mr or Ms joe average who has a job and home that they can be tracked down to...

Two of my wifes friends in a similar situation as my post above where refused extensions of their visas,

You know their job roles???,, Mid wifes, a positions that is understaffed.. Both got accepted straight away one to Canada and the other Australia...

Shear Madness, no doubt they where replaced with a "bottom of the barrel" economic Migrant...

RA
edit on 30-8-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

We let terrorists who travel from syria in, we let huge amounts of unkilled, un educated people in from countrys in Africa and the middle east who come from a hostile culture in, we refuse to deport crminals and terrorists yet we are kicking out British born people...

Maybe if he hints he would be wiling to be trained as a terrorist they would let hm stay...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They haven't kicked him out yet, and by the looks of this they likely wont either.

Now, Ridge will be forced to apply for both British citizenship and right of abode. "It's terrifying," he said. "My parents keep telling me everything will be fine but I'm really scared. My girlfriend, Jodie, isn't happy. Everyone is in shock and wondering how this can possibly happen."

In a statement to Express, a spokesman for the Home Office said: "The Home Office has been in regular contact with Mr Ridge and advised him on how to go about his application."

Incompetence perhaps ?

Ridge's case comes just a week after the Home Office sent letters to 100 EU nationals wrongfully threatening deportation. The government said it was "urgently" investigating why the letters were sent to people who have a right to live in the UK.

source

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, there is a certain irony here because his mother was a non-EU citizen, so she didn't have the right to freedom of movement into the UK.

It's hard to avoid the suspicion that the Home Office is deliberately setting out to draw attention to a draconian immigration/citizenship clampdown, to assuage the current anti-immigration sentiment among the public. I.e., it's a distraction from the fact that EU immigration is not only unchanged, but likely to stay unchanged for the foreseeable future.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The government said it was "urgently" investigating why the letters were sent to people who have a right to live in the UK.

And I was just about to say, EU're bureaucratic slip is showing...
edit on 30-8-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

These lunatics actually design things to be more complicated.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes

You do not even know half of it,

My wife who is a key worker in med tech and was here on a invited work visa attempted to apply for right to remain as we had been in a meaningful relationship for 3 years and was about to get married to then have them say there was no reason myself and her could not continue the relationship "outside of the country", yes that was the wording..

We then appealed via solicitor and was required to submit untold amount of documents which we did plus "mine and her passports" (YES THE ACTUAL PASSPORTS!!!!), 8 months later we attempt to see where we are at as her visa was coming to a end for them to say they had "lost all of our submitted documents and forms"...

By that time we was already married and had to then submit all the lost documents again at our own cost of course..

The long and short of it is that her Visa ended whilst the appeal was going in so the medical field lost a key worker from a position that they are crying out for. My wife could not work so no income, the second application took nearly 2 years and had we not have had a child she would have been refused any visa extension..

We could have course just left as they so easily pointed out!!!..

That shows the absurdity of the immigration system in this country, we let in millions of uneducated sh#t to have them dry the system with every loop hole that is offered to them..

Am I surprised that the Home office did this??.. Nope they are a bunch of c#nts that do not know their ass from their elbow, incompetent would not sum up the amount of mistakes they make...

RA

I share your pain.

It is atrocious.

I spent £7000 just to get a stupid 2 weeks vistor visa. Submitted all the documents to prove our relationship only to have a refusal on the 3rd attempt saying we did not submit evidence of a relationship........even though we supplied photos, bank statements, plane tickets of my visits, a years worth of chat records....... what more did they want a picture of us shagging?????

And there refusal letters are rude and disgusting and add insult to injury as you know and have little care ro the RIGHTS and feelings of us British citizens who also suffer.

We are BRITISH CITIZENS! Why should we move abroad because we feel in love abroad?

Meanwhile we let the dregs of the world in......

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Why attempt to track people down that have f#ck all information on them when they can remove Mr or Ms joe average who has a job and home that they can be tracked down to...

Two of my wifes friends in a similar situation as my post above where refused extensions of their visas,

You know their job roles???,, Mid wifes, a positions that is understaffed.. Both got accepted straight away one to Canada and the other Australia...

Shear Madness, no doubt they where replaced with a "bottom of the barrel" economic Migrant...

RA

Next year I am moving to ecuador and I am a high school science teacher......... gold dust in education.

This country will trade unskilled African/middle eatern immigrants for skilled people (even there own #ing citizens!)........ no wonder the UK is failing.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

These lunatics actually design things to be more complicated.

The larger the organization, the bigger the rubber stamps. Maybe it was just an energetic bureaucrat, the worst kind.

Ever see the film, Brazil? Hint: The movie title was changed to Brazil, but the film is about the US and or Britain.

The film that explains everything...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
He should claim political asylum.
If he got back here the level of piss taken out of him would be epic and potentially very harmful to his well being.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
He should claim political asylum.
If he got back here the level of piss taken out of him would be epic and potentially very harmful to his well being.

Easier if he converts to islam and promises to commit at least 3 rapes and a terrorist attack......they will let him stay for sure then. O and quits his job and goes on welfare, cant have him contributing anything can we?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

We should be taking in refugees, we should be taking in those seeking asylum, no matter how they get here, or why. We have no business refusing, since our way of life is what causes the destruction of theirs, which is not a matter for debate, but a simple fact.

However, we should not permit our responsibilities to those whose lives and homes are destroyed by our leaders, to mean that we cannot also have freedom and liberty for our own people, their spouses, their relatives abroad, to come to visit or to stay. The truth is that we CAN afford the space, we CAN afford the money, we CAN afford whatever we damned well need and want as a society, but only if there are not greedy people running it, and skimming our money from us without our permission.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Also, unemployment, among ALL groups, is at an all time low.

It is actually the case that despite the rantings of the intellectually stunted, not only is unemployment at an all time low, its low enough that we can say two things with relative certainty. First, the overwhelming majority of people who have no job, have no job because there are no jobs which are suitable to their level of education or experience. Second, we can say for certain that the overwhelming majority of people on some sort of benefit are on there for a good reason, since most benefits are paid to people who actually HAVE jobs, not people who do not. Furthermore, we can also say that the myth of industrial levels of systemic abuse of the system by benefits cheats is a heap of crap, because there are not enough people on out of work benefits, to represent anything like an industrial level of fraud and abuse.

That stick is no longer in the arsenal of the terminally intellectually challenged, so I would thank people to stop using it to beat the innocent over the head with. The industrial fraud which is being committed by private companies, theft from our pockets as taxpayers, THAT is industrial level, costing billions upon billions every financial year, but barely anyone talks about it, or even accepts it is happening, despite the facts before them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join