It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Gannon the "Journalist" involved in Scandal, Resigns.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just ignore Horacid, his entire point is to cause disruption on the thread so that we go off on a tangent. He's just a nobody trying to live through our president, that's why he takes it so personally.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Elite? Yes, I am sure that the middle/lower class of the people feel elite to the millionaires and billionaires of the republican party. I am sure we feel superior drinking soda while those poor republicans drink thousand dollar bottles of wine.

What a jarring description of class warfare, constructing an imaginary situation where there are no poor Republican rednecks in west Tennessee or rich Democrat actors in Hollywood.

Let me explain this 'liberal elitism' thing.

There are two ways to look at responsibility.

One way is that it belongs to the individual, and the other is that it belongs to the collective. For the individualists each person is his own boss, but for the collectivists those who don't like responsibilty give it up to those who don't mind telling other people what to do. The people who think they are wise enough to guide the masses are the elitists.

Narrow mindness? Because we don't plant reporters, pay reporters to spew forth republican propoganda, or own a news channel we are narrow minded?

Oh, of course you don't. As we all know, Dan Rather and Eason Jordan are perfectly honest and upstanding men. Dan Rather would never accept forged documents just because he so blindly wanted them to be true and Eason Jordan would never suck up to Saddam Hussein just to keep CNN's office in Baghdad open, or slander the US military with fanciful stories of assassinating journalists.

Going back to Jeff Gannon/Jim Guckert, he used his real name to get his press pass. The other things that weigh against him may still stand, but if this really is a quest for truth rather than a witch hunt, you have to make a better effort.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronX
Let me explain this 'liberal elitism' thing.

There are two ways to look at responsibility.

One way is that it belongs to the individual, and the other is that it belongs to the collective. For the individualists each person is his own boss, but for the collectivists those who don't like responsibilty give it up to those who don't mind telling other people what to do. The people who think they are wise enough to guide the masses are the elitists.

SO in this convuluted opinon that takes in the general definition of elitism & reworks it into a diatibe against the concept of libralism, all the while espousing false points of view that fall far from being the sole domain of Liberals, you come up short in pointing the finger where it should be directed.
This "rugged individualist" who you admire & believe is a worthy president has never taken responsibility for anything in his life!! Is there someone who's resigned over pushing false data & blown out of proportion threat assesments over Iraq? How about someone being outed for teason in the Val Plame case? No........so our GOP government is run by "collectivists" then?
Not only that, but you've determined things to be of the "Witch Hunt" variety in this "Talon News" debacle. How so? They've already been fully vetted as a GOP front. The reporter was fake regardless of the name he used. He was a prop, a go to guy, as the transcripts prove, to deflect valid criticisms & questions from being answered in an open forum where they could be reported. It was also a silencer of valid reporting. ALL OF THAT was a willful choice by the White House, as was the paying of other reporters to mislead the Nation.
Now the Dan Rather thing will be cited by Republicans until they're called out on the fact of the eyewitness testimony:

In retrospect, as many bloggers and Monday- and Tuesday- and Wednesday-morning quarterbacks will tell you, instead of going with documents of dubious provenance they should have gone with Marian Carr Knox, who, as Lieut. Col. Jerry Killian's secretary, would have typed them but says she didn't, yet adds that the information in them accurately reflects the views of her boss. If, as seems to be the case, the underlying point of the 60 Minutes II episode was accurate, then it's a sad comment on the rest of the press that they have relentlessly and repeatedly focused on what Dan got wrong and relatively ignored what Dan got right (namely, that pressure was put on Killian to "sugar coat" Bush's National Guard record, that Bush got into the Guard via favoritism, that he got paid for meetings he didn't attend, that he missed the physical he signed up for, and all the rest).

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
****UPDATE****

Rumours are floating that a major new section of "Gannongate" aka "Presstitution" is going to break within the next couple of hours.

John Aravosis over at www.americablog.org... seems to have stumbled onto an important story.

Clues indicate its something to do with a "watchdog" and "invoices"....

hrmmm....

more later.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

SO in this convuluted opinon that takes in the general definition of elitism & reworks it into a diatibe against the concept of libralism,

Somebody wanted to know how elitism was connected with liberalism, and let loose with a lovely contrived description of class warfare, painting liberals as the righteous poor proletariat and the conservatives as the evil rich bourgoisie, and I explained how it works in reality. You can't change the subject by suddenly pretending I'm talking about something irrelevant.

This "rugged individualist" who you admire & believe is a worthy president has never taken responsibility for anything in his life!!

It would certainly be easier for you if I were a mindless Bush supporter, no question.

Is there someone who's resigned over pushing false data & blown out of proportion threat assesments over Iraq?

There's a world of difference between deliberate deception and faulty intelligence. That aside, the casus belli included more than just WMD. This isn't an Iraq discussion, leave this to another thread.

How about someone being outed for teason in the Val Plame case? No........so our GOP government is run by "collectivists" then?

So, the government is full of weasels. Tell me something I don't know. Collectivists are the people who want the individual to submit to the collective (the government or what have you). Some of the things the GOP are doing are collectivist, and guess what--that's why I vote Libertarian sometimes. I didn't vote for Bush last year, but I'm still happy Kerry didn't win. I know, the idea that I'm not liberal but am thinking for myself must be extremely confusing.

Not only that, but you've determined things to be of the "Witch Hunt" variety in this "Talon News" debacle. How so? They've already been fully vetted as a GOP front.

I'm a registered Republican, does that mean anything I do is a GOP front? And yes, it was a witch hunt. So, the leftists got a few things right, but not all of their accusations were factual, which seems to suggest a certain level of malice in going after this guy, even if he is guilty of shenanigans.

The reporter was fake regardless of the name he used. He was a prop, a go to guy, as the transcripts prove, to deflect valid criticisms & questions from being answered in an open forum where they could be reported. It was also a silencer of valid reporting. ALL OF THAT was a willful choice by the White House, as was the paying of other reporters to mislead the Nation.
So, if I ask the White House "Why did President Bush lie about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?" that's a legitimate question, but "How are you going to manage with the Democrats opposing your every move just for the sake of being contrary for the next four years?", that's a softball to deflect from the previous question. I get it now.

Now the Dan Rather thing will be cited by Republicans until they're called out on the fact of the eyewitness testimony:

In retrospect...
Ah... 'fake but accurate', with some fallacious digs on Iraq tacked on the end.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Beef: Being staunchly anti-liberal puts you exactly where , then?
The only party I belonged to was Republican, and I'm anti-Republican now....is it the same in opposite for you?

Given everything to date of the ownership of Talon, it's content, his "credentials" ect....you still really believe this a withchunt? Who's in the role of Father Confessor? It's certainly is not the AMerican Corp. Media.....this should receive much more ink & airtime than .........nothing, as it's getting now!

This witchhunt theory , IMO, would not proof out on your part, should the calendar & players be changed to the Clinton era.......or did you have a thing for Dee Dee like me, that would give her a pass?

As for the secretary imparting exactly how her boss felt about the issues, from a first hand perspective.........that's completely impeachable & "fake" by your measure?

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
****UPDATE****
John Aravosis over at www.americablog.org... seems to have stumbled onto an important story.

FYI, for all interested.

This story is now up on the site. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it appears to be "Gay Hookergate".

Edited to add: don't view in front of children

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
his is the Conservative Republican Bush White House we're talking about. It's looking increasingly like they made a decision to allow a hooker to ask the President of the United States questions. They made a decision to give a man with an alias and no journalistic experience access to the West Wing of the White House on a "daily basis." They reportedly made a decision to give him - one of only six - access to documents, or information in those documents, that exposed a clandestine CIA operative. Say what you will about Monika Lewinsky - a tasteless episode, "inappropriate," whatever. Monika wasn't a gay prostitute running around the West Wing. What kind of leadership would let prostitutes roam the halls of the West Wing? What kind of war-time leadership can't find the same information that took bloggers only days to find?

None of this is by accident.

Someone had to make a decision to let all this happen. Who? Someone committed a crime in exposing Valerie Plame and now it appears a gay hooker may be right in the middle of all of it? Who?

Ultimately, it is the hypocrisy that is such a challenge to grasp in this story. This is the same White House that ran for office on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. While they are surrounded by gay hookers? While they use a gay hooker to write articles for their gay hating political base? While they use a gay hooker to destroy a political enemy?

Who in the White House is at the center of all of this? Who allowed this to go on in the People's House? Who committed the crime of exposing Valerie Plame? Jeff Gannon has the answers to these questions, and boy we know he loves to talk.

From the above linked blog.
This seems like a suspect suicide in the making, no?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Gay Hookergate. I like Pressitutegate better.

Anyways, this guy will commit "suicide" by shooting himself in the head with a sniper rifle from 300 yards away.

Bush&Co is so corrupt, what will they do next? So glad in a red state, he won't do anything to us.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Gay Hookergate. I like Pressitutegate better.

You know, I agree with you on that. Presstitutegate does have a nice ring to it, and is a very clever combination of terms.

Perhaps we should make this the official name of the story?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I agree, I'll second Presstitute gate. So, anyone besides a brainwashed republican have a good arguement?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Beef: Being staunchly anti-liberal puts you exactly where , then?
The only party I belonged to was Republican, and I'm anti-Republican now....is it the same in opposite for you?

I'm not so much anti-liberal as I am a staunch classical liberal, or what the Europeans fallaciously call 'neo-liberal', which puts me at odds with the Democrats almost all the time, and the Republicans some of the time.

Given everything to date of the ownership of Talon, it's content, his "credentials" ect....you still really believe this a withchunt?

Absolutely. They just happened to get it right this time--mostly. They had enough good evidence to have a legitimate case, but the extent to which they are milking the shaky evidence shows that there is possibly some degree of vindictiveness at work here.

This witchhunt theory , IMO, would not proof out on your part...

Let's not play opinion ping-pong. The truth is that this rash of journalism scandals is still fresh, and it's difficult to come to conclusions over any possible trends as of yet. Assuming this rash is not over yet, I'm making a prediction. If the leftists are indeed in the witchhunt mindset, when they go after the next conservative journalist for whatever reason, they will bring in some flawed evidence that won't be adequately checked. If he's actually guilty there will be good evidence as well, but guilt or innocence aren't necessary to test the witchhunt theory. Just wait a few months and we'll find out who's right.

As for the secretary imparting exactly how her boss felt about the issues, from a first hand perspective.........that's completely impeachable & "fake" by your measure?

I was referring to the forged documents--according to the article they must be 'fake but accurate'. A boss's feelings though are not very solid in terms of evidence, though.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Beef, what do you think? Presstitute gate or Gay Reporter gate? We have two votes for Presstitute gate.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't care. It's fine by me that this whole deal is being shown up, but really, it's of little lasting consequence to me. You know what my news cocktail consists of?
Internet: Primarily BBC with some FOX
TV: CNN mostly, but that's mostly because it's the only thing playing in the lounge outside the cafeteria.
Talon News is of almost no significance in my information soup, it's like that one shred of onion that falls off the spoon onto the floor without being noticed-- you want to make a big deal out of it, be my guest, but as a conservative I do not feel much of a credibility loss from this.
I object to the abuse of the "gate" suffix anyway. It's getting tired and overused. Memogate, Easongate.... No more Gates please. Presstitute has a nice sort of flow to it, but for the love of God don't stick a gate at the end.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeefotronXThey just happened to get it right this time--mostly. They had enough good evidence to have a legitimate case, but the extent to which they are milking the shaky evidence shows that there is possibly some degree of vindictiveness at work here.

The 4th paid plant by this White House....and it's a WITCHHUNT? If only it were: if only CNN, Fox, Reuters, Knight Ridder all had as many graphics & scrolls along the bottom of the screen to show fascist propaganda techniques in play by our government....maybe then it would be a witchhunt.

when they go after the next conservative journalist for whatever reason, they will bring in some flawed evidence that won't be adequately checked. If he's actually guilty there will be good evidence as well, but guilt or innocence aren't necessary to test the witchhunt theory. Just wait a few months and we'll find out who's right.

Or, flawed evidence would be planted, Fox & CNN will get their action items memo from Karl Rove, and the great misdirection will be in play again ( National Guard? What service, when!?!? DAN RATHER!!!!!) .
The 4th one's been found....what else are you waiting for....a picture of Rove at the keyboard of a Foxnews teleprompter!?!?

A boss's feelings though are not very solid in terms of evidence, though.

Well, if my secretary were called to testify about me ranting on how Morgan discriminates , it won't show up in memos, but she'd be recounting a direct happening....she, like that secretary is an eywitness.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bout Time, go to eductation, DrHoracid has his own post, about how "liberal" media is attacking a conservative reporter. It has a censored picture of this guy(pasted by aceofbase) in one of his adds(since he was buck ass naked) saying how much he charges a night, as a gay prostitute. Also arguing over a name for this, I like Presstitute, what about you?

This is great though, that republicans are actually trying to defend this guy and Bush&Co. It's like defending Hitler's actions, something else that shouldn't be defendable.

This guy is a gay prostitute, and you can't defend Bush&Co, not even with a whole platoon of gay prostitutes at your disposal.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's about the best example of a complicit corporate media there is:

- the reporters who've been "2nd classed" , are standing quite. .....Why is FatBoy Scott not taking a 1000 questions a day over this in the daily breifing?

- it show exactly how far republicans will go to close ranks......Country 2nd, part 1st, all the way.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
what the heart of this matter is how did the Bush administartion allow "gannon" who has no jornalistic experiance access to the president? and even access to confidential information.

If they just admited to doing this, there would be no need for this so called witch hunt.

The burden of proof is on the Bush administraion, and they are not doing a thing

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well, according to Bush&Co the security is so lax that I could walk in with Mp5s in both hands, grenades on my belt, a necklace made of human heads, a nuke strpped onto my back, and still be allowed in as a reporter.

But I highly doubt that the truth is lax security.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I cross-posting this for anyone not following the Education and Media thread:

The Daily Show did a great job last night on the Guckert scandal and Internet bloggers.

onegoodmove.org...

ds021605bloggers.mov

I highly recommend it to everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join