It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blocks Obama rule on collecting info on pay by race, gender

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
When are dems going to insist college addmisions are based on merit instead of color or gender?
Why don't white males get the same equal opportunity protections?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Sure, as an individual, if you're being paid less than someone else in the same job what does that prove? That you're less capable? So what? Who would even thin of making that case? But if all women at a given company were being paid less than men in comparable roles then you have a clear-cut case of pay discrimination based upon gender.

Lawyers can still access the data to compare the pay of women vs men or minorities. It doesn't let the companies just pay everyone and not keep track of it. It just eliminates the need for companies to keep track of your pay and submit that data, based on your color or sex. You don't think that's the first thing lawyers would look at? The history of pay gaps depending on gender or color, as proof their client was discriminated against?
edit on 30-8-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Democrats are not happy unless they can label everyone into specific narrow groups and then pit them all against each other.

Another stupid law gone.

TRUMP TRAIN

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: jtma508

P.s can you give me a real world example (not collated statistics) on pay discrimination for a man/woman or a black person/white person being paid less for doing the exact same job at the same level of productivity?

Gee, I don't know, why not do a Google search on gender pay discrimination in Hollywood for actors, for example. It's been in the MSM for quite some time. I'm sure you've seen the articles unless you've been living under a rock. And it's NOT about WHO you pay to do a job --- ffs --- it's about paying people that are doing the SAME job fairly. You don't get that?

I could do a google search and Im almost certain all Id find is bs or stats that are easily twisted and misinterpreted.
Im giving you the opportunity to educate me, go on.

Hollywood actors are not a good example, pays are negotiated on a stars pulling power.
Brad Pitt makes more than say Eugene Levy for his movies, both White guys, are you suggesting they deserve the same pay?
Wasnt Jennifer Lawrence the highest paid actor in hollywood a few years ago? Is that OK because shes a woman?

How about the NBA, should all white guys be getting the same pay check as Le Bron?
According to your logic they should and the fact they dont is discriminatory and racist

it's almost like you're purposely playing dumb, just to make a partisanship argument or maybe non sequitur fallacies are your thing...

this law would prevent "white" NBA players who are as capable as LeBron to not get paid less because of their skin color or gender.

it's like you purposely twist logic and silence the little voice in your head to defend a thread which may or may not be criticizing Trump.... I don't get it...
ffs

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
When are dems going to insist college addmisions are based on merit instead of color or gender?

again more conjecture and drivel to twist a truth... laws against discrimination have nothing to do with merit ; you know, it's to keep schools from not admitting students because of their race, like it used to be until laws were in implemented against that. nothing to do with stopping "white males" from being admitted to a school... whatever appease that common sense huh... (which should be renamed)
edit on 30-8-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Wait, are we discussing pay gaps based on capabilities?

I thought the "pay gap" was about people not getting paid the same for doing the same job.

Comparing actors is not legitimate because some are better than others, comparing athletes is not legitimate because some are better than others, but comparing drill press operators is A-OK because they are all the same regardless of race or gender?

This makes no sense to me. Either people should get paid for doing the same job or they shouldn't.

Personally, I believe people should be paid based on skillsets they bring to the occupation, nothing else should matter.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So...... Your employer still tracks your wages.... There's no "good luck trying to sue for discrimination!" as you still............... have your wages tracked by your employer by your name and employee id and/or S.S. number.

He removed unnecessary paperwork and time consumption. How is this bad? Because people can't complain and play race politics regarding pay and employment?

Seriously, there is no logical reason to be opposed to this

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Wait, are we discussing pay gaps based on capabilities?

I thought the "pay gap" was about people not getting paid the same for doing the same job.

Comparing actors is not legitimate because some are better than others, comparing athletes is not legitimate because some are better than others, but comparing drill press operators is A-OK because they are all the same regardless of race or gender?

This makes no sense to me. Either people should get paid for doing the same job or they shouldn't.

Personally, I believe people should be paid based on skillsets they bring to the occupation, nothing else should matter.

am I on a different world here...

that's exactly what this law was designed to prevent. keeping people who can do the same job or are doing the same job but are getting paid less because of their gender or ethnicity.

or not getting a promotion for the same reasons above etc...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

that's exactly what this law was designed to prevent.

source for the law you are referencing please

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Good.

Anything that limits the nosy bureaucrats is good.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Every day he just acts like a little prick. Doesn't he?

Waaaaaaaaa!
What is the old saying?......"Stop crying before I give you something to really cry about"
When the Leftists cry really hard, I know Trump is doing something really good.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Are you guys serious???
All hes doing is removing a piece of obstructive virtue signalling non sense ffs

People should be hired and paid on merit, looking at it any other way is whats racist/sexist.

Just because its the Trump administration doing something it doesnt mean its automatically evil.
Yall need to get a serious grip

They want this for biz to do but refuse to take dead people off the voter rolls.

Or give info to the fed govt about their voter rolls.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: jtma508

In my eyes there are 3 acceptable forms of discrimination.
1) who you choose to hang out with in your personal life
2) who you decide to shag
3) who you pay to do a job

You want to try and force me to do any of those 3 things with someone I dont want to then it makes you a fascist and quite frankly you can go truck yourself

P.s can you give me a real world example (not collated statistics) on pay discrimination for a man/woman or a black person/white person being paid less for doing the exact same job at the same level of productivity?

Ill just wait here but I reckon Ill be waiting awhile

Ask any lib politician what they pay men and women for the same job.

Seems there were some that paid less to women. Hillary and I think Obama did too, like 14% difference.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A lot of short term temporary jobs in some states are filled by hispanic people, especially in agriculture. The full time jobs and permanent workers probably get paid more because they have been working continually for years, not just during harvest season. I can't see Obama's research even being relevant in a lot of cases. Look in California, Hispanic immigrants make less than the whites, and sometimes people coming from Asia go work in Chinese restaurants when they come here and they get a free place to stay and food as part of their package.

Even women who are classified under the same job title and get less often are not doing the heavy lifting or dangerous aspects of some jobs. At least around here. Women should not have to do those things that endanger them, that is why we have guys. But if the risk is there, that job should also pay more. I am not talking about the wimpy society they are trying to create, I am talking in the real world setting. If the woman does the exact same job, then she should get the same pay. But longlivity and other factors do need to be taken into consideration.

I used to pay an occasional worker to come into work for a couple of hours and I paid him more than I paid my employees, he was coming only when needed and he only got two or three hours pay. We did this when standing walls, build all day then when the temps came we would stand them all up. Also did this while setting trusses. I try to give examples and these examples are an attempt to show that Obama's actions are going to give some really distorted figures.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Jefferton

*waits for Liberals to stop whining about everything Trump officials do*..........*gonna be a long wait*

Will the liberals whine about Trump as long as the fascist whined about Obama?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
DRAIN TEH SWAMP!!1

Git em Trump!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Oh sure the poor oppressed white boy. Just look at Trumps cabinet.

The diversity of his cabinet just shows how hard a time white boys are having when it comes to work. So will you start chanting "Jews will not replace us" next?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What other predominantly white country has had a black president or prime minister?
Repressed my butt.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

i don't think a buissiness with 100 or more employs counts as a small one. but i do agree with you.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

There is no gap, but leftists still go howling rabidly about it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join