It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blocks Obama rule on collecting info on pay by race, gender

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Trump blocks Obama rule on collecting info on pay by race, gender

The White House will shut down an Obama-era rule that would have required businesses to track how much they pay workers of varying genders, races and ethnicities according to a new report. The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that Trump officials will stay the rule, which would have gone into effect in the spring, because it created a burden for employers. "It's enormously burdensome," Neomi Rao, administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, told The Journal. "We don't believe it would actually help us gather information about wage and employment discrimination." The Obama rule would have required employers with 100 or more employees to hand over data on wages to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission with the goal of preventing pay discrimination.

Think you are being discriminated against and want to sue over it? Well good luck with that under the Trump admin. Because thanks to the extremist Rao who thinks corporations should be able to do as they please because keeping track of employees wages is so burdensome and the all knowing purse maker who is "pushing for equality for women" decided it was a good idea to get rid of a ruling that would aid in helping women to prove pay discrimination.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Sure, he kills two birds with one stone.
Removes safeguards for women and minorities and kicks another stone out of Obama's legacy.

Who's surprised by this?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Every day he just acts like a little prick. Doesn't he?

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
They still have to keep track of what they pay individuals, just not based on their race or sex. If you think you have a problem, you can still compare your pay with others who have the same job.
How is all that paperwork and time not a burden on small business?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
*waits for the Trumpers to say why this is a good thing.*

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Are you guys serious???
All hes doing is removing a piece of obstructive virtue signalling non sense ffs

People should be hired and paid on merit, looking at it any other way is whats racist/sexist.

Just because its the Trump administration doing something it doesnt mean its automatically evil.
Yall need to get a serious grip
edit on 30/8/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Another way people can blame someone else for there lame assed life .

If the pay doesn't suit you , don't do the job and don't think your OWED anything.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

*waits for Liberals to stop whining about everything Trump officials do*..........*gonna be a long wait*

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yea lets make small businesses open up another department and pay employees, their outrageous health care bills, etc just to make sure lazy people get paid as much as the hard workers. Liberal logic at its best.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If it was such a great thing why didn't O Bummer put it into effect while he was king.

Garbage burden for business to have to hire and track things that don't need it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That Obama rule was garbage from the start it should never come in to being.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
People should be hired and paid on merit, looking at it any other way is whats racist/sexist.

Yes people SHOULD. But in many cases people AREN'T and that's the point --- ffs. The rule was intended to show that some companies had a provable bias against certain cohorts when it came to pay and this rule would allow the aggrieved class to prove that bias. Sure, as an individual, if you're being paid less than someone else in the same job what does that prove? That you're less capable? So what? Who would even thin of making that case? But if all women at a given company were being paid less than men in comparable roles then you have a clear-cut case of pay discrimination based upon gender. But now the data needed to prove that will be significantly harder to get. Another win for business, another middle finger to the 'regular' people Trump said he wanted to help. No surprise here. Oh, and for the 'owed anything' argument GMAFB. This isn't about being OWED anything. It's being paid fairly --- the same as other people doing the same job.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

In my eyes there are 3 acceptable forms of discrimination.
1) who you choose to hang out with in your personal life
2) who you decide to shag
3) who you pay to do a job

You want to try and force me to do any of those 3 things with someone I dont want to then it makes you a fascist and quite frankly you can go truck yourself

P.s can you give me a real world example (not collated statistics) on pay discrimination for a man/woman or a black person/white person being paid less for doing the exact same job at the same level of productivity?

Ill just wait here but I reckon Ill be waiting awhile

edit on 30/8/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The rule itself is discriminatory. Why separate people based on the colour of their skin?
I didn't see anyone whining about states blocking analysis and data acquisition on minority and illegal voting.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

P.s can you give me a real world example (not collated statistics) on pay discrimination for a man/woman or a black person/white person being paid less for doing the exact same job at the same level of productivity?

Gee, I don't know, why not do a Google search on gender pay discrimination in Hollywood for actors, for example. It's been in the MSM for quite some time. I'm sure you've seen the articles unless you've been living under a rock. And it's NOT about WHO you pay to do a job --- ffs --- it's about paying people that are doing the SAME job fairly. You don't get that?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The White House will shut down an Obama-era rule that would have required businesses to track how much they pay workers of varying genders, races and ethnicities according to a new report

As if every form you ever filled out didn't ask you to check the little boxes that asked your 'ethnicity' : Hispanic, Asian, Caucasian, etc.

Has that changed?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Come to think of it. Blacks are 13% of the population and only account for 2% in the Senate. So who's racist now?
edit on 30-8-2017 by tannerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If it was so important why was it not to be implemented until 2017?
Or was it just another last minute barak bs regulation?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Gee, I don't know, why not do a Google search on gender pay discrimination in Hollywood for actors, for example. It's been in the MSM for quite some time. I'm sure you've seen the articles unless you've been living under a rock. And it's NOT about WHO you pay to do a job --- ffs --- it's about paying people that are doing the SAME job fairly. You don't get that?

I could do a google search and Im almost certain all Id find is bs or stats that are easily twisted and misinterpreted.
Im giving you the opportunity to educate me, go on.

Hollywood actors are not a good example, pays are negotiated on a stars pulling power.
Brad Pitt makes more than say Eugene Levy for his movies, both White guys, are you suggesting they deserve the same pay?
Wasnt Jennifer Lawrence the highest paid actor in hollywood a few years ago? Is that OK because shes a woman?

How about the NBA, should all white guys be getting the same pay check as Le Bron?
According to your logic they should and the fact they dont is discriminatory and racist

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Like Obama said. There is no white America. There is no black America. There is no Hispanic America. There is no Asian American. There is the UNITED STATES of America. Hopefully Trump gets rids of that damned race question on the census once and for all. Dividing people by race is the most evil thing man has ever done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join