It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next target Guam, North Korea says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It appears that NK is upping the stakes. Could could go much higher?

It just might.

Forgive me, it's CNN. I'm sure when more comes to head, we'll hear about it from all four corners of the Earth soon.

3 minutes ago:

North Korea's launch of a missile over Japan was a prelude to more military operations directed at the American territory of Guam, North Korean state media warned Wednesday.

www.cnn.com...

I have questions. WTF are they thinking? And, What do they propose will happen should they toss one of these babies?

Does this not all feel concocted, a set up, a rouse?

It feels that way to me. Something isn't right, and i'm not the only one feeling it.

South Korean President Moon Jae-in and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe both now believe "pressure on North Korea should be raised to its limit so that North Korea will voluntarily come to the table for dialogue," South Korean presidential spokesman Park Su-hyun said in a statement Wednesday.The two also agreed that the United Nations Security Council should enact more detailed and effective sanctions against North Korea. A new round of sanctions against Pyongyang were unanimously approved by the Security Council earlier this month.

And more questions arise ..

How was Saudi Arabia Voted onto a UN Women’s Panel?
Male Guardianship System Remains at Heart of Unequal Treatment of Women - By Adam Coogle - Middle East Researcher.

www.hrw.org...

One must ask, is the head of the UN a threat to world equality? Are we being told the 'Whole Truth' and who's really behind it all.

edit on 30-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

He's an absolute nut and appears to be addicted to high stakes gambling. Here he is inviting a war with pretty much every major nation on Earth and putting his nation up as collateral. He's also backing friends and enemies into a diplomatic corner.

He's definitely the biggest moron on the world stage right now. It's like he's gone full Scarface and thinks he's gonna win while everyone else sees an idiot playing with matches.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

In other news...
South korea preparing "decapitation force" to take out north Korea

If we let the media do all the thinking for us we are all going to die horrible deaths in a war, when the North see a story like the one I linked do you think they will just crawl back under a rock and go away ?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I know Kim is insane, completely there is no doubt about it, but, what about the UN? I feel like they're playing us, both of them. But at the same time, it's like a power play between them happening and we're the ones at stake. Why did they place Saudi Arabia of all Countries in place there? It makes no sense. Saudi Arabia treat Women and Children like crap. And I would like to understand why no one has stood up and tried to do something about it. It's a big puzzle, one that i'd like to understand. None of this makes sense, something is off.
edit on 30-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What about Saudi Arabia, are they suddenly off the block because... North Korea?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

What has changed, in reality?

It's been known that North Korea may have the capacity to reach Guam, or even Alaska, for some little time now.

What's changed?

This is called brinksmanship. The Soviet Union and it's allies, vassal states if you prefer, played it against the United States and it's allies in NATO, for forty plus years we teetered on the brink of total annihilation.

This is exactly the same game...exactly. With the exception that there isn't a direct phone line from Pyong-yang to Washington DC, that you can pick up and say, in effect, "we're not fighting today.".

We, in good conscience, can not act against him unilaterally, because of the incredible danger that that act would pose to both our allies in South Korea, and in Japan...not to mention Guam, Anchorage, and possibly, the West Coast of North America.

A missile lobbed into the North Pacific is not worth starting a war that will go nuclear, at least from one side...

Seoul would be reduced to cinders by artillery fire, possibly nuclear, chemical, or biological--certainly conventional. Japan would be hit.

Until he actually attacks someone... The brinksmanship continues, we watch, we wait, and let him know that that last step will be his death, not North Korea's--he doesn't give a flyin' **bleep** about North Korea--save for what it can give him--but he does value his fat little carcass.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

What about Saudi Arabia, are they suddenly off the block because... North Korea?

I haven't been paying attention to Saudi's other than the U.S just sold them butt loads of weapons.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

That is, in a nutshell, the U.N.

I can not explain to you why a nation like Saudi Arabia, or other nations, would be placed on panels, or worse, in charge of those panels, that even hint at working on human rights issues...

It's why so many ignore the U.N. for what it is... Worthless.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The only way I can get my head around the Saudis and the UN is soft management. Sometimes a loose cannon in the workplace becomes more manageable when they're given special responsibilities. That's what I'd like to believe happened there.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes, they do, but one day they won't ignore it, if it becomes greater than they are.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying. I know, they are full of it, but like the boy that cried wolf, my worry is one day something will blow, and people will remain standing saying, nothing ever happens. Maybe i think to much i don't know, but i do. I also feel something isn't right with what's taking place. Could i be wrong? Of course, but i thought it was worth saying nonetheless. Staying on ones guard is always wise. That's all i'm trying to say.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Problem is, the U.N. has only the authority of it's members willingness to act. Few, if any, countries are going to give over their sovereignty to the U.N. mandate.

U.N. sanctions are backed by who's military power? The U.S. and Nato, for the most part...with other nations on the side, but none of whom are exactly global powers.

Who are the dominant powers in the U.N.--even among the security council? The U.S., and the North Atlantic treaty countries. Russia wants to be again, but they're, at best, a regional power.

link   

He was sabre-rattling at Guam which is standard NK behaviour. They've always growled and ranted at other countries because it's what they do.

The difference is following it up with the missile this week and following that up with more threats against Guam hours later. I think the idiot is going to fire one in the direction of Guam and he'll be in deep #.

What's worse is his brainwashed population don't deserve what's coming. It's not a 'North Koreans' thing rather than a 'despotic family psychosis' thing. They've had #ty lives for decades and now he's getting closer to throwing them under the bus to satisfy his crazed ego.

I hope cool minds prevail, but look at the world's leadership right now. Yikes.

link   

You know what really makes me worry? Is that Obama was bent on being head of the UN at some point. That's what i read anyway. And to be honest, i can't say that i trust that man, even a little bit. He rubbed too many people the wrong way, and in all honesty, didn't deserve the honour he received, which was the Nobel Peace Prize. To me that's more like a Special Club Prize that he did not deserve.

I'm trying to piece a puzzle together and that is only one part of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Have to ask,,are you talking about the head of the UN?

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I'm in total agreement.

We can't act--certainly not unilaterally--until we're acted upon. Which, unfortunately, may involve a mushroom cloud somewhere...

The only thing we can do is to make sure the fat little megalomaniac knows that he, personally, will die should that happen. That there is no place deep enough, or strong enough, to shelter him from the retribution.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I think people aren't looking at the entire picture, when your sixth sense tells you something isn't right, wouldn't a decent person adhere?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I hope cool minds prevail, but look at the world's leadership right now. Yikes

Did you know that Eisenhower had plans to Nuke North Korea all the way back then, the plans were shelved due to public outrage, I really wish we had more sensible people like were around back in those days.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I hope cool minds prevail, but look at the world's leadership right now. Yikes

Your keyboard to God's ears, my friend. I, honestly, don't think anything will come of this...it shouldn't anyway, but I'm not quite as sure of that as once I was.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

lol yes megalomaniac indeed he is. I only wish those who are good, and in a powerful position would look beyond NK because i think there's a chance he's just a distraction from what they're actually trying to accomplish, and it's not good. It's easy to persuade people through media, and people in this generation, don't know how to reason like they did 2 decades ago.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join