It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny 2 Beta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
www.theverge.com...

I loved Destiny on PS4. I have about 500 hours on it. I maxed out 3 characters with 400 light. So I am excited for destiny 2 the actual game. The beta however gets boring fast, because you run out of stuff to do very quickly. That is what a beta is for. To get a feel, and test the aspects of the game. I pre ordered for ps4, and PC.

The graphics on PC are amazing on Highest setting. I think all you need for max is a gtx 1060. I have the 1080 TI, but that is just mainly so I won't have to upgrade anytime soon.

If you have a PC you can play the Beta right now. Just download the blizzard app and download. Add me if you would like.
Solo#12635

I agree with the video. The beta is boring, but it is a beta after all. I will play the actual game no matter what though.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Pre-reading post answer. lol

My oldest son really like this game. He went almost through everything on Destiny and had a blast with the beta of D2. He is really anticipating the whole game and counts every hours that separate him from gameplay time!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

My son won't get into destiny yet. He only likes rubolox right now, and call of duty when I let him play. I wish he would get into so we could play together. Or so he could play my account. Lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

My youngest son plays Roblox, lol. My son also wants me to play D2. He has prepared an account for each of us on the PS4, haha.
Now, he's trying to make me buy it so he can also play it on the PC... Oh, he's a proud wearer of his Destiny 2 t-shirt; he even has his name on it. I gues he is into it as I was into Star Wars at his age.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Now that I have seen your OP, I can say that I had to remind him everyday that it was a beta, and was made for testing, etc. That he had a problem with, but it's understandable, it's his first beta, and on the game he loves most.

I was impressed by the visual quality of Destiny, but Destiny 2 really look amazing.
edit on 29-8-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

Give it a try. You might just find it addicting. I'll say I didn't give it a chance at first, but after a few friends kept bugging me it turned out being my favorite game in a long time.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Never played Destiny although I have it in my collection . Destiny and the Halo series have brought Bungie into the light.
I remember Oni. And Myth

edit on 8/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

This game only wants your money with their dlc

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I loved the first Destiny, although the DLC ruined it for me. Kinda felt pressured into purchasing it or I would miss out. Don't think I will be getting this when it drops but who knows?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I liked Destiny as it went along. I felt the expansions turned it into a decent game. When it initially released it lacked a lot to be desired in my opinion.

I hope Destiny 2 is more story and plot oriented than the first one was, but we'll see

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I downloaded the PC Beta yesterday (about 16 gigabytes), but haven't fired it up yet. I have never owned a console...
I am also looking forward to Quake Champions. Probably about time to upgrade
my rig, something that FPS' kinda force you to do every couple of years.

ETA: Got about 2 minutes into actual gameplay and crashed, had to re-scan game content and it (re?)downloaded 1.6 gigabytes of data, and I was able to play again for about 10 minutes before it crashed again.

Initial impressions:

ran smoothly and looked nice with graphics on HIGH
can tell it is still in BETA - maps seem unfinished, I got stuck in an area, but was able to get out with some difficulty
still unsure as to how much of the world can be interacted with- I just finished Prey, so that is where I'm coming from

I have a PC that is several years old so I was worried that it might not be able to perform well with this recent title, so I was a bit surprised that movement/shooting was so responsive

edit on 8302017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KawaiiLean420

I gladly buy them although I have no need for destiny 2 for awhile. I bought both the digital deluxe on pc and PS4. I enjoy the game so if they want to give me more content for me to enjoy, i'll buy it.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Yeah that's why I went with the 1080ti. I figure I can get a good 5 years until I need another top of the line. I really like Overwatch as well. Something new seems to be released every few months for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I loved Destiny on PS4. I have about 500 hours on it. I maxed out 3 characters with 400 light. So I am excited for destiny 2 the actual game.

Now that it out, what do you think?

I am impressed, a few hours of play and you get used to the changes made which I am starting to welcome and eventually will think is an improvement.

Many changes are already improvements like, the map and what not, but the change of the weapons system sort of had me a little concerned but its OK.

500 hours?

I will just tell you my daily average play time for the 3 years the game was out, you work it out how many actual hours of game play it is and try telling me I am not insane.

I averaged 9 hours day , 7 days a week of Destiny.

Yes

I was actually shocked when I worked it out about 2 months ago.

Seeing as I work full time and it takes me an hour to get to work and back that is 18 hours of a day that's gone with work and destiny.

No wonder I have become a cranky old man in a 38 year old body, averaging about 5 hours or less sleep for 3 years does take its toll.

I am getting sucked into 2, but I think I wont be able to match the feat of hours played as I did with the first one.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Destiny 2 formula isn't all that hard to figure out, its literally the same as D1. Weekly reset hits, knockout NFs, FPs, Crucible, Personal Clan XP, you're done and set as those are the only sources of "Powerful gear", not the lower tier legendary, "Legendary Gear" engrams.

All that is left is Raid and Factions. Literally can be knocked out in a few days. This is with a full time job, children and a gripping, knagging wife. Don't touch Destiny again until next Tues reset and you'll still be of light level relevance.

Great game, but after spending some time on the first one and taking an investigating look in the who Bungie is, of this era, it became clear as to what kind of game this is. A beautifully scripted slot machine, that is not Pay to Win. In this game, RNGesus rules.

new topics

top topics

join