It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting Sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have put this piece in this forum, if the MOD's want it somewhere else, so be it.

I was a videographer at the local CBS station here in Baton Rouge during Katrina. Our sister station in New Orleans made the brave trip up to B.R. sp they could broadcast to New Orlanians who now called Baton Rouge, at the time, their home.
So sad. We even had a Shrink that slept on the morning show couch so he could counsel and administer medications for the newsies from N.O. He somehow got anxiety meds from the National Guard. Thank God. His kind ministration helped make our new news brothers and sisters capable of giving a familiar face to the 200,000 new inhabitants that came here. And in complete humility I might admit they were oh so grateful. There was no more trouble on the sreets than normal. I will never forget that.

There was looting in New Orleans. To loot in waste deep water takes a bit of ititiative, but when all civil authority deserts you, things must be done. The majority of people that looted N.O. looted diapers, food, batteries, and some even left money clipped to the empty sticky out things.

I do remember a guy wading through the waste deep water with a plasma t.v. over his head. To a non existing house with no electricy.
I often wondered what drug addicts and alcoholics did after the stormm. Suffer probably.

My point is this. The people of Houston and Texas have helped each other to the extreme.

What I am most impressed by is the state and local governments. They have really stepped up.
To quote Tucker Carleson, not exacly but almost, which at one point I would have found irrehensible, "The people of Texas have stepped up, the people of Texas have and are looking out for their own without relying on ther reliance on the Federal Government". I have always admired the people of Texas because of their Republic attitudes. I wish I woud have DVR'd Tuckersit piece if I would have thought about it.
edit on 29-8-2017 by Spader because: spelling, probably not enough!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
and yet, for some reason I am finding myself cringing every time I hear about how well texas is doing helping each other out...
like it's gonna lead to a ....
see, they are doing such a grand job on their own, they don't need our help!!! and we need that wall so badly or something.

texas alone isn't gonna be able to help all those people get back on their feet, they aren't gonna help all of these cities rebuild. it's good that they've come together to help each other, but our help is needed also.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Looter Dude always makes me smile.

There's a mentality that goes along with looting. Looter Dude wasn't hurtin' nobody. People who intend to profiteer ... Different story.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

To an extent, federal aid is ok. But getting people "back on their feet?
That's what charities and insurance companies are for. Not taxpayers dollars.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand what your point is, OP. Do you think it's okay to do this? Do you really think people mostly steal soggy bread and Cheerios and diapers?

IMO, Looting DOES suck. The #Houstonlootcrew is doing a heck of a job encouraging others to only loot white businesses and white houses, they are shown going into abandoned stores and helping themselves to what is in the cash registers, walking away with the biggest TVs they could carry (in rain, not through sewage filled water), stealing things that couldn't feed anybody anything but bullets like really expensive handguns, and my favorite, the one who showed how he and his 'crew' completely decimated a pharmacy of all the 'good drugs', and a store of all the most expensive liquor.

People that live in hurricane prone areas should prepare, always. In this case, however, the moron mayor of Houston, in a political war in which innocent victims were caught in the middle, told people NOT to evacuate, even though Governor Abbott warned people to do so. The blood of the people who died is on this mayor's hands, because he's a Dem and he'll be darned if he listens to the Republican Governor or the even the president.

I can understand trying to get food, but that's not what I'm seeing here.

The "Cajun Navy" who had the courtesy to go out to Houston to help were attacked by thugs who pretended to need help, then they were shot at and those thugs attempted to steal the boats.

But hey, let them come into YOUR house and help themselves to whatever. They're not hurting anybody. You have other food, you can get another TV, fancy video game system, or other jewelry.

I find thieves who steal, just because, to be the lowest of the low, and it is perfectly legal in Texas to pop a cap in their behinds for this type of behavior.

As the old saying in jail goes, "If you lie, you cheat. If you cheat, you steal. And if you steal, you're no damned good."

#Houstonlootcrew has been around since 2015, and they send the word out when bad storms come to get out there and help themselves to whatever they've been wanting...for free.

You defend them if you want to. I hope the good people of Houston put a stop to this type of garbage using whatever means necessary. Moral relativity reaching a new low here. There are many places to get fresh food, medicine, dry clothes, and a dry place to sleep. If you're out there stealing Rolex watches and video games, see you in jail....if you get that far. The police are starting to shoot to kill, they're done playing with these idiots.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus
Oops, you might want to re-read the OP. I don't see anyone defending looting.

I took the OP to mean what he says, that LOOTING SUCKS. He then went on to praise the people who are helping each other. It's what Texans do. I'd like to join in that admiration.

I heard this evening that a policeman lost his life due to the storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Wait....did you just say thnews media was all drugged up during Katrina ?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

The Cajun navy did come to MY house. They saved my family period. We had no way out, and we didn't live in an official flood zone.. I will always be grateful to my neighbors that lost everything but came for me.

ETA: I am speaking about last years flood in Louisiana
edit on 30-8-2017 by Spader because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join