It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump making same mistake Bush did after Katrina!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Read another article of a professor that said Texas deserves this for voting republican

Yes, and katrina happened because god hates gay people.

Anyone that believes humans are the reason for storms is a fool.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What exactly did the politicians, with the exception of the governor, do to be congratulated?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What would the haters Prefer he did? There is no choice that can be made that those who disagree with him won't disagree with. Hopefully he at least buzzed the area with Air force 1 .

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TXTriker

originally posted by: Singswithchickens
I just watched a CNN video on YouTube of Trump thanking a bunch of people around a large table. He was saying what a wonderful job they were all doing while conditions on the ground are horrible.

He was also thanking the Texas congressman that were present in the room.

Will this help or hurt Trump like it hurt GWB?

I think he went there and made these announcements way to soon
youtu.be...

The first problem is you are watching CNN. Everything is working as well as can be expected and thanking those that are doing the best they can is important at any point. Those are the people that will give him the level of briefing that he needs.

You all just need to stop politicizing this. For God's sake give it a rest.

CNN OMITTED THESE WORDS FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP:

"We want to be looked at in five years and ten years from now as 'This is the way to do it,'" he said at the Corpus Christi firehouse as dispatch calls came over an address system.

But he said it's too early to declare the relief efforts an unqualified success.

"We won’t say congratulations. We don’t want to do that," Trump told Texas Gov. Greg Abbott. "We’ll congratulate each other when it's all finished."

Source: www.usatoday.com...

Politics-101 for 2017: Always know that when you see a CNN story, you're probably not going to see the positive aspects of anything President Trump does. CNN hated Candidate Trump, and is now Angry and Butt-hurt that he's President Trump.

Haven't seen the CNN thing, but if those dams collaspe a whole lot of people are going to die, Abbot and Trump will live, lets see the congratulate each other then.

Yeah if it does collapse and a lot of people die then you are neglecting the fact that the mayor of Houston refused to take a phone call from the governor and told the people to stay in their homes.

Trump was boosting morale for those who are dealing with this catastrophic disaster. Once again it is being neglected being told he was giving the same speech to those who were rescuing others and letting those that were affected be aware they are working hard to make them as comfortable as possible until this all passes.

For gawd's sake can people never let a disaster go to waste???

People are coming from all over - pulling together and doing as Americans do by rescuing, donating, volunteering and what ever else is needed of them. They know people have not only lost so many things they have worked so hard for, things that you can't replace (pictures/memorabilia etc) some have even lost their life.

Can we not take a few days off from the attacks or even shoving microphones in victims faces just to get a jab in to boost ratings and rip each other apart??????????

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I suppose you are going to bitch about Milania's shoes being inappropriate too.

Under Bush, they stopped the people bringing food and supplies into the areas effected by Catrina. That is way different, the Texans are doing pretty good considering how much problems they are having.

Trump is acting swiftly and appropriately so far. His speech at the table was not the best, he was trying to find things to say for the camera. No scripted speech there.

He is saying he will be working with the senators to get funding to the Texans. Ten billion dollars is a lot of money, but that's life. The government insures natural disasters, the insurance companies pay a premium for that coverage. It will take time to verify all the losses, like trump said, it is a long process.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It looked more like a campaign rally rather than trying to offer hope and showing genuine concern for these people who are homeless and have lost their homes.

Don, nice hat, and Melainia nice outfit!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Are the dams fatigued? I've heard about a levee being shored up, but no warnings about the dams. You know the sharks in the MSM would be all over that potential, if it was imminent, or likely.

The last I saw about the levee was they had shored it up but were still letting out water to relieve the pressure that is being put on it. Which means more flood water for already flooded places and possible flooding of other places that haven't been hit yet. I can't seem to recall where the one I saw on the news earlier today was.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

I just watched a CNN video on YouTube of Trump thanking a bunch of people around a large table. He was saying what a wonderful job they were all doing while conditions on the ground are horrible.

youtu.be...

The first problem is you are watching CNN. Everything is working as well as can be expected and thanking those that are doing the best they can is important at any point. Those are the people that will give him the level of briefing that he needs.

"We want to be looked at in five years and ten years from now as 'This is the way to do it,'" he said at the Corpus Christi firehouse as dispatch calls came over an address system.

But he said it's too early to declare the relief efforts an unqualified success.

"We won’t say congratulations. We don’t want to do that," Trump told Texas Gov. Greg Abbott. "We’ll congratulate each other when it's all finished."

Politics-101 for 2017: Always know that when you see a CNN story, you're probably not going to see the positive aspects of anything President Trump does. CNN hated Candidate Trump, and is now Angry and Butt-hurt that he's President Trump.

Haven't seen the CNN thing, but if those dams collaspe a whole lot of people are going to die, Abbot and Trump will live, lets see the congratulate each other then.

Yeah if it does collapse and a lot of people die then you are neglecting the fact that the mayor of Houston refused to take a phone call from the governor and told the people to stay in their homes.

Trump was boosting morale for those who are dealing with this catastrophic disaster. Once again it is being neglected being told he was giving the same speech to those who were rescuing others and letting those that were affected be aware they are working hard to make them as comfortable as possible until this all passes.

People are coming from all over - pulling together and doing as Americans do by rescuing, donating, volunteering and what ever else is needed of them. They know people have not only lost so many things they have worked so hard for, things that you can't replace (pictures/memorabilia etc) some have even lost their life.

Can we not take a few days off from the attacks or even shoving microphones in victims faces just to get a jab in to boost ratings and rip each other apart??????????

I am neglecting a fact, or you are merely neglecting that things more important than you crotch itch occurs? Trump has done nothing in this disaster but show up with his wife in stillettos

You are a troll of the 99th magnitude
edit on 8/29/2017 by BubbaJoe because: needed to add a comma

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

youtu.be...

I am neglecting a fact, or you are merely neglecting that things more important than you crotch itch occurs? Trump has done nothing in this disaster but show up with his wife in stillettos

You are a troll of the 99th magnitude

I neglected nothing. What I said about the mayor and Presidents Trumps words condensed into a short bout to be made for chum. I guess it does boost the ratings and keep the division going. My "crotch itch" aside President Trump made the right decision to go to TX because he needed to assess the disaster first hand. Federal government handles the money concerning the flood insurance. The fact that he boosted morale for all involved is just an added bonus. He was well received by the crowd he spoke to (the folks at the table are not who I am speaking of).

I could care less if you think I am a troll. I have lurked here for years and at times I do comment when I feel inspired to do so. Politizing disasters should be off limits.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

A president does much more than that sad you don't know this. His first most important role is he can put any govt agency under the governors control. This is where Fema would come in with huge supplies for duster relief. Thus is where all the beds are coming from in shelters 10000 used in Houston so far. Next he can authorize the expenditures to pay for anything the governor needs think of it a's a Christmas list. The govenor probably had a long list of wants for aid. Then the president controls the military more specifically the guard which had all ready mobilized 30000 and has even been using helicopters to help evacuate people. Then there is having an area declared a disaster area by the president this opens that area up to low interest loans to rebuild. To say the president doesnt do anu thing is stupid . Don't be a shIll this isn't the top to play gotcha every coordination between state and federal needs presidential authorization. Just support your fellow Americans and stop being partisan
edit on 8/30/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't with him , it seems

Pity he makes it more about sitting at a big boardroom table though. Well he can't get in the way of the work going on.

Give it two weeks and he'll have done something massively wrong in this matter. That should feed the news sharks for months.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't with him , it seems

Pity he makes it more about sitting at a big boardroom table though. Well he can't get in the way of the work going on.

Give it two weeks and he'll have done something massively wrong in this matter. That should feed the news sharks for months.

I didn't like the board meeting setup either, I was surprised this wasn't brought to attention before your comment. More chum for them. Please keep in mind I mean no offense to you. Anyway, it is like this for most every president. Personally so far I think things are running a lot better than they did with Katrina. When I saw the convention center that people were housed in it was a drastic difference. Totally agree on something going massively wrong - I mean who knows maybe someone will wear the wrong shade of lipstick next time and hell will break loose of biblical proportions. Rinse and repeat for the next day and so on. It is now worked out to a science.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

A president does much more than that sad you don't know this. His first most important role is he can put any govt agency under the governors control. This is where Fema would come in with huge supplies for duster relief. Thus is where all the beds are coming from in shelters 10000 used in Houston so far. Next he can authorize the expenditures to pay for anything the governor needs think of it a's a Christmas list. The govenor probably had a long list of wants for aid. Then the president controls the military more specifically the guard which had all ready mobilized 30000 and has even been using helicopters to help evacuate people. Then there is having an area declared a disaster area by the president this opens that area up to low interest loans to rebuild. To say the president doesnt do anu thing is stupid . Don't be a shIll this isn't the top to play gotcha every coordination between state and federal needs presidential authorization. Just support your fellow Americans and stop being partisan

Gave you a star.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What exactly did the politicians, with the exception of the governor, do to be congratulated?

They were on tv, letting us know everything will fine.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Singswithchickens

Each individual state has a disaster prepardness,why does it always become the president's fault?,being he has been in office less then a year,does this show every state is inept and is incapable of helping themselves?,more BS from liberal media and Dims

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Singswithchickens

Honestly, who cares about how he handles it. What do people expect, that he puts on his galoshes and goes out and saves kittens? No, he is there to get updates from people working directly on the recovery/clean-up/repair/first-responder sectors in the areas hit hardest and to ensure that nothing seems to be getting missed.

Whether or not people think that he's handling this situation "properly" is irrelevant--too many people out there just look to either over-inflate or undermine what he does, anyhow. Personally, I think he's doing exactly what the president should be doing in this instance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join